User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2006, 02:44 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Where do you take your truck if it breaks down?

When you drive for companies, don't they have their own shops so that they can service the trucks (oil changes, tire changes, etc.)? But what if something happens over the road? For instance, say your truck starts running hot and you can't figure out what is wrong with it. Where would you take it to have it checked?

(Note: When I was born, I may have been blessed with a few talents, but those talents were NOT in the automotive field; I am NOT a mechanic )
Old 12-30-2006, 03:14 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

You call for roadside service...but ofcourse
that is expensive. Keep your eye on your gauges,
and DO YOUR PRETRIP everyday....
and when you fuel..lift the hood, and do a quick
walk around...check the tires...air lines...lights.

Most times you can spot a problem
or a necessary repair...right at the TS.

When you break down on the road
call the office...they will help you find
the closest roadside help...or you yourself
may be resourceful...and remember the
TA you just past 10 miles back...and look
up their number in your TS Directory...and
call them.
Old 12-30-2006, 04:22 PM
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

one thing to remember when a breakdown happens on the road if the truck is drive able try and drive it to a safe place. if they want to you drive the truck to a repair facility and you do not feel comfortable for what ever reason running the truck DO NOT let them talk you into driving it if its a hazard on the road.i just recently experienced a plugged fuel filter while on the road. every repair shop wanted to em drive the truck in. it wouldn't go over 35 mph so i said no. i would rather have it towed then be a hazard on the freeway. well long story shot i ended up replacing it my self by calling a local NAPA and having my filter delivered to me on the side of the interstate along with some fuel treatment to fill the filter up to get the truck going again. i am also a independent contractor with a very small company (6 trucks) so i do a lot of my own maintenance. most bigger companies wont allow you to touch anything on a truck except a light. anyways point being dont drive a truck if your nto comfortabel with doing so or are going ot be a hazzard on the road when a breakdown occurs