User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2006, 10:50 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

just enjoy your time on the road and get out by yourself then you control what happens with your truck
Old 12-26-2006, 12:10 AM
Board Regular

Most of the posts I read seem to focus on years of experience when describing a trainer. Time in the seat is only part of the answer. Just because a driver has years of experience doesn't mean he/she will be an effective trainer. They need to be experienced, and also have some teaching skills. Just because someone has the experience doesn't mean they can teach. It's too bad some of these companies don't bring back some old timers, put them on a salary, and let them teach the new drivers. I think the trainer positions are "sold" to drivers as a way to make more money, instead of what it should be...training.
Old 12-26-2006, 02:35 AM
Default trainer

I am a very teaching type of person. I have been around this business for almost 23 years. I can tell you about almost anything doing with a truck but I am not any ware close to being a trainer. Just cause someone might beable to teach doesnt mean anything. I can tell a driver how to do and how the book says to do it but first hand experince is the best.

Slider

Loaded Like A Boxcar, Drive It Like A Stock Car
Old 12-26-2006, 09:30 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: HEY JASON

Quote:
Originally Posted by syl77dar
HEY JASON WHEN YOU GET A GOOD TRAINER, THEY WILL BE FINE, ASK FOR ROBERT LEWIS and/or Glenn Donivan if you do not smoke. They are REALLY GOOD TRAINERs WITH WERNER. If you are a smoker, a Mark or Mike on the Dollar General out of MO is a good trainer, you do not have to go out with a trainer if you are not comfortable. I worked 4 Werner and am considering going back, especially since JB HUNT (JOKe for a company) LIES and gave me only 400 miles in two weeks!!! YES just 400 since old man JB HUnt died this company is going to *ell in a handbasket, right hand does not care or communicate with left hand! I almost starved out there! No money for over 3 weeks! JB lies and promises you one thing and does another! NEVER EVER GO 2 WORK 4 JB HUNT THEY ARE LIARS!
What an idiot. :roll:

Are you willing to die to take them away from me?
Old 12-26-2006, 04:59 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: HEY JASON

Quote:
Originally Posted by syl77dar
HEY JASON WHEN YOU GET A GOOD TRAINER, THEY WILL BE FINE, ASK FOR ROBERT LEWIS and/or Glenn Donivan if you do not smoke. They are REALLY GOOD TRAINERs WITH WERNER. If you are a smoker, a Mark or Mike on the Dollar General out of MO is a good trainer, you do not have to go out with a trainer if you are not comfortable. I worked 4 Werner and am considering going back, especially since JB HUNT (JOKe for a company) LIES and gave me only 400 miles in two weeks!!! YES just 400 since old man JB HUnt died this company is going to *ell in a handbasket, right hand does not care or communicate with left hand! I almost starved out there! No money for over 3 weeks! JB lies and promises you one thing and does another! NEVER EVER GO 2 WORK 4 JB HUNT THEY ARE LIARS!

400 miles in 2 weeks ... With miles that low I have to think the lack of miles wasn't all on JB's end ...
Old 12-26-2006, 05:13 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider64683
I am a very teaching type of person. I have been around this business for almost 23 years. I can tell you about almost anything doing with a truck but I am not any ware close to being a trainer. Just cause someone might beable to teach doesnt mean anything. I can tell a driver how to do and how the book says to do it but first hand experince is the best.

Slider
Trying to figure you out slider. Your first post says you have 3 months experience, and 22 years old. 23 years in the business but still 22 years old and now 1 year experience. You need to be 21 for otr yet you went to jail ( for what ever time span that was ) with 3 months under your belt. Just not adding up.... Maybe you should go back and reedit all of your post so your 45 years old and maybe it will start adding up.
Old 12-26-2006, 05:19 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasman2
Trying to figure you out slider. Your first post says you have 3 months experience, and 22 years old. 23 years in the business but still 22 years old and now 1 year experience. You need to be 21 for otr yet you went to jail ( for what ever time span that was ) with 3 months under your belt. Just not adding up.... Maybe you should go back and reedit all of your post so your 45 years old and maybe it will start adding up.
G-man2, It's the internet, where anybody and everybody can be a hero! :lol:
Old 12-26-2006, 05:35 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coalregion
Quote:
Originally Posted by glasman2
G-man2, It's the internet, where anybody and everybody can be a hero! :lol:
Ya I hear ya, just calling it like I see it, and pointing out if he wants to be that hero :lol: he needs to edit a lot of post. He Joined: 21 Dec 2006 has 60 some post already and in 5 days gained 9 month otr :shock: maybe he has a time machine and fixed that, but it still doesn't account for 23 in the business while 22 years old.. Or I need to see my eye doctor and see about new glasses
Old 12-27-2006, 10:32 PM
Senior Board Member

Yep I can sympathize with trainer nightmare. I had a trainer (not Werner) who was an absolute PIG, to say the least. He to, was the master of the U-Turn, 'cept he called them "turn arounds". He also liked to falisfy his logbooks, drive with a qualcomm on the steering wheel, talking on two cell phones and eating a cheeseburger all at the same time. After 5 days with this loser, I had it up to my neck with his crap. What was the final straw? Going down a country highway, doing 60mph in a 50mph and he's eating his lunch and rolls down the window and tosses his trash out the window.

All he wanted to do was go shopping at walmart and eat at buffets. We got back to the home terminal and I ditched him. He was put on probation, he's no longer a trainer and I was teamed up with guy who not only had a personality, but knew what he was doing without breaking laws and endangering the public.
Old 12-28-2006, 03:54 AM
Senior Board Member

Good Trainers, Bad Trainers - They exist in other companies as well.

It would be interesting, to find out somehow, what insurance requirements there are if any for trainer drivers.

I had the experience that my first trainer was a good one, my second one .... well lets just say he wasn't.