User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2006, 06:03 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Serious Recruiter Question - No disrespect intended

It appears that companies will pay drivers to recruit new drivers. How do I know that the individual really has the authority to speak on behalf of the company or is just trying to get $1000.00 on my signature?

/Steve
[/img]
Old 12-16-2006, 06:43 AM

Hiya Thor. This isn't an answer to your question so please excuse the hijack here but I see you were an AC-130. My wifey was a navigator on c-130's out of Pope. Unfortunately, she came down with rhumatoid arthritis after about 5 years in and was then forced out. We lived in Southern Pines which is a little bit to the west of Pope and really really loved it there. We're seriously thinking of moving back and getting out of evil Florida, er... Florida.

Anyway, back to your original subject. I've seen some post here and elsewhere that states recruiting as a good supplement to one's income. I suppose if the company is good that would be a valid way to generate some extra income. From my experience, most companies (non trucking) have some sort of referral bonus but it's not paid until the person has passed the 3-6 month mark depending on the Co's policy.
Old 12-16-2006, 09:23 AM
Senior Board Member

when i was a company driver i recruited one person but sat down and told them the good and the bad and my own opinion then told them to make up there own mind. I did not want someone coming over to the company then later saying that driver lied to me just for money
Old 12-16-2006, 11:14 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

No driver can speak for the company, as far as making promises. All the driver can do is tell you about their personal experiences with a company. For me, having a driver tell me about his company has more weight than a recruiter who's job depends on bringing a certain number of recruits every month. If the driver is actively recruiting, then I would value his words a little less than if it came up on a more casual conversation. Unless you receive something in writing, either from a recruiter, safety, or someone in operations, then I would not count on it being binding on the company. I think most drivers are honest when it comes to what they tell you about their company, but it doesn't obligate the company to anything the driver tells you.
Old 12-16-2006, 05:07 PM

i'm not sure about every company, but at arrow the referral bonus is payed out in increments (90 days, 6 months, 1 yr, and 2 yrs) of the date of hire of the referred driver. so even if the hypothetical guy who recruited you 'just for the money' lied like a dog, you'd probably figure that out within 90 days and he'd be SOL. :P