User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2021, 07:00 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Speed limit 70, 60 for trucks [Speeding]

In my state of washington, on the dry side, a standard limit away from towns is 70 for cars, 60 for trucks. Big rigs are almost always seen going 70 in those zones. If they deviate from this for reasons other than load/road conditions they go faster more often than slower. So the industry default is speeding by 10+ mph. In my little pickup I tend to go the speed limit and plan to do so as a trucker.
My question is, if the entire trucking fleet is speeding here, will the people that hire me not give me enough time to complete my runs at the actual speed limit and still have time for things like sleeping?
Old 12-11-2021, 01:46 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Super ModeratorSenior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovejoy View Post
In my state of washington, on the dry side, a standard limit away from towns is 70 for cars, 60 for trucks. Big rigs are almost always seen going 70 in those zones. If they deviate from this for reasons other than load/road conditions they go faster more often than slower. So the industry default is speeding by 10+ mph. In my little pickup I tend to go the speed limit and plan to do so as a trucker.
My question is, if the entire trucking fleet is speeding here, will the people that hire me not give me enough time to complete my runs at the actual speed limit and still have time for things like sleeping?
I run I-5 in Washington almost daily. Rule of thumb, but not official, is 5 over the 60mph is almost always ok. I do get passed by drivers doing 70mph in the 60mph zone, by a different type of driver that seems to be permeating the industry.

It is not typical to be dispatched at an average mph over the posted speed limit.

Old 12-11-2021, 06:11 PM
Rookie

Thank you :-)
Old 08-10-2023, 06:52 AM
Rookie

Thanks for the info.
Old 12-06-2023, 11:49 AM
Rookie

While trucks often exceed posted limits by 10+ mph, adhering to the speed limit in your pickup is commendable. When seeking reliable writing services. I've used their reviews to find the best assistance for my academic needs, and the recommendations have been spot-on on this https://www.topwritersreview.com/ page. From essay writing to coursework help, the detailed evaluations on this site saved me time and ensured I made informed decisions. I highly recommend sharing this resource with my friend; it's a reliable guide that can make a significant difference in their academic journey.

Last edited by FrancisJAnderson; 12-16-2023 at 07:14 AM.