User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2006, 03:18 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Yes, we are amoung the most vulnerable for high blood pressure, kidney and digestive disorders, so eating healthy is very important... sandwich fixins and good multigrain bread is important. A quart of milk and healthy cereal is awesome while sitting infront of a gate waiting on a customer to open. Bottled water and GOOD fruit juices do wonders for ya. The drinks you buy at truckstops are usually not too healthy. One meal a day in a restaurant will be all you need and now you can be pickier because if you dont find a descent one, you can always make a sandwich. Canned food and microwaveable stuff is great, you can buy frozen stuff in the grocery store and keep it in the fridge for week easy. Running team you will need to minimize what you have to keep cold due to spacerestrictions in the fridge.
Old 11-16-2006, 03:32 PM

Top Ramen and Kool Aid dude. Can't go wrong. I can remember the days.....rice a roni, ramen, mac and cheese.

"Who gives a damn when you can't afford a turkey or ham, livin off of ramen noodles beef jerkey and spam....."

--UGK "High Life"
Old 11-16-2006, 03:32 PM
Board Regular

I only keep enough for a couple days worth of food on the truck, but I am not out long without coming home.

One of the perks of running reefer is I throw my thermoelectric cooler in the 35 degree compartment of the trailer, and my ice packs in the -10 so the next day my ice packs are rock solid cold and they really help a lot with the thermoelectric cooler. Food stays fresh for days....
Old 11-16-2006, 09:07 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus
I only keep enough for a couple days worth of food on the truck, but I am not out long without coming home.

One of the perks of running reefer is I throw my thermoelectric cooler in the 35 degree compartment of the trailer, and my ice packs in the -10 so the next day my ice packs are rock solid cold and they really help a lot with the thermoelectric cooler. Food stays fresh for days....
Do you not have to seal your trailer?
Old 11-17-2006, 03:47 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus

Do you not have to seal your trailer?
Negative, I do convienence store distribution. All manually unloaded freight, many stops a day.
Old 11-17-2006, 05:07 PM

My only time OTR was 10 years ago as a helper for a bedbuggin Co. (What a waste of 3 mos..lol). BUT, I too could NOT believe what the truck stops charged for that crap. (AND each one tasted the exact same). Seeing I only got payed for humping furniture I would sometimes opt not to eat. Now there was a post in here about getting the better miles as someone had some great advice as to keep running---truck stops for fuel-rest-or a shower. They did not eat in a restaurant except to treat themselves to a steak once a week. Will be my plan. Glad to hear you have a good trainer and BOL to ya.
Whatever you do, you need courage. Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising that tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires some of the same courage that a soldier needs. Peace has its victories, but it takes brave men and women to win them.
R. W. Emerson