User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2006, 03:03 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
I'm sorry, there's no way in God's green earth I'm going to read all that. How 'bout some of them good old cliffnotes?
sorry but that is one long winded post what did he say again i got a headache after the first paragraph so i stopped reading. LMAO
Old 11-12-2006, 03:08 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg
Quote:
I'm sorry, there's no way in God's green earth I'm going to read all that. How 'bout some of them good old cliffnotes?
sorry but that is one long winded post what did he say again i got a headache after the first paragraph so i stopped reading. LMAO
D*mmit, it hurts my eyes just to scroll through that whole SOB. Whatever... best of luck to ya bud! :roll:
Old 11-12-2006, 03:19 AM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Next time please give us the short version.

By the way thank you, I needed something to help me fall asleep and you post did just that.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 11-12-2006, 03:26 AM
Default The future of henboy

Well he was driving down the road and that faulty fifth wheel of his poped loose killing a little girl three years old riding her bike home from her friends. Dot's investigation concludes that this driver was not properly trained and that PETRO gave a false inspection. The family has filed suite against the giant corporation and now a twinkie at PETRO cost 8.00 instead of 4.00. In a statement release today PETRO states they will no longer do FMCSA inspections, drivers who depended on them to do them are scrambling to find other inspection sites.
The insurance company has also filed suit against henboy for faulsifing an aplication for insurance as he lied when he told them he had 6 months experiance. The insurance company refused to pay for the little girls funeral. His friend had his authority pulled and his uncle has been jailed and awaiting trial for his crime of theft by perseption. Henboy is in jail for vehicular manslaughter
The agent he worked for has also had his authority pulled and has finally found a job flipping burgers.
Congress has swore to pass legislation mandating OBR'S and a better way of tracking past experiance. USIS is lobbying to have everyone forced into becoming a member in order to get their own authority.
The saddest part of this whole thing is the little three year old angel god sent down here to cure cancer. She now is sitting on jesus's lap cring cause she skinned her knee on the bike. Jesus wispers in her ear its okay, I wont send you back to get hurt by those mean old truck drivers.
None of this story is true either, just like that BS posted above.
Old 11-12-2006, 03:37 AM
Senior Board Member

Have no intentions of reading that long azz post....but I think that "henboy" needs to put the crack pipe down and seek help
Old 11-12-2006, 03:45 AM

henboy,

I've been in similar situations as you, but there's no way I would take a truck out on the road alone without being comfortable behind the wheel. Running over curbs, not knowing how to couple a trailer correctly, and not knowing how to back a trailer - are you nuts???? I'm a newbie myself, but I can't side with you on the decisions that you've made. I admire your drive and willingness to take care of your family however. Reading your entire post gave me a great sense in my own capabilities and I had to pat myself on the back for doing things the "right" way. Do yourself a favor and make getting your fifth wheel fixed a priority before the unimaginable happens. I am curious as to how big of a family you do have or plan on having, since you talk so much of raising one. Be careful out there.
Old 11-12-2006, 04:37 AM
Board Regular

If his story is true it is scary to think that there may be people like that out on the road.

How on earth he got the fifth wheel jaws to close without being hooked to the trailer.... And he was backing up to the kingpin with them closed?

How did he even get his CDL? Speaking of, I don't think you should be able to take the test with small equipment. Some of the rookies our company hired without previous experience they sent to the DMV with a single axel tractor and a 28' trailer. They may be harder at first to back up, but the fact they turn on a dime really helps. IMHO you should have to take a sleeper and at least a 48' trailer to pass the class A test.
Old 11-12-2006, 06:45 AM

I will just say this I hope to GOD i never have the share the same stretch of road with you even if your going the opposite direction. You are an accident waiting to happen. PARK that damn truck till its fixed. I hope one of the TROOPERS on here can find out who you are and contact your state and have you put out of service. Even better tell your Insurance carrier and the company you pull freight for about your lack of experience. FOR ALL THE NEWBIES.. DO NOT LISTEN TO A WORD THIS GUY SAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-12-2006, 11:15 AM
Senior Board Member

WOW!!! Now that you are in the business, I hope that your conniving ways have ceased. You have a lot to lose and you need to think about that. I see that you are an educated person, some would say an educated fool, but you posted it for all to judge. Your newbie fears and mistakes are natural for newbs. All of the things shippers require are for a reason, not just the way you see them or stupid because of your inconvenience, look at your parking ticket incident. $300 is what most people charge to start a big truck and the city has to have you pay for disrespecting the no parking sign. Your truck could have been impounded at $1000 per day, the ticket, and not even mentioning the insurance claim for the load sitting on the impound lot. You see things your way and you dont seem to see the blessings. Your truck for $7500 is the way I think a newb not afraid to wrench his ride and putt putt down the road should start until he can afford to move up. I started with a million mile truck, I bought 6 brand new 387 Petes 10 months later, and I sent 2 used 387 Petes back to the finance company 14 months after that and I found someone to take 2 off my hands and I still have 2. I have my own authority, have a brokerage and hundreds of customers. This is a good way to make a living but you need to have some ethics and not talk people out of it based on your experiences. Just so you know I have a BS in Math and Computer Sci and yes those college courses were BS, but they were and are necessary. Do you need them to be a success in trucking? Heck no! I have yet to take the derivative of anything in trucking. I admire how you started and I am glad that you posted this. You know these guys are going to rip it to shreds but everyone has an opinion and an -----le. They all stink, but everyone has one. Congrats on your current success.
Old 11-12-2006, 02:09 PM
Senior Board Member

1.02 per mile? 25% fsc......... WHAT A RIPOFF!!!! NEWBIES UNITE!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: