User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2006, 11:00 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Well I don't know about Sirus but do know about XM

Xm sends the FM signal thru the antenna cable for the satellite antenna. So the closer your satellite antenna is to your am/fm antenna, the better it works.

I had put my antenna on the right side of the truck, got terrible noise and interference, switched it over, inches away from my am/fm antenna on the left side, now I NEVER get interference, no matter where I go.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:34 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamster
if your truck has a tape player, buy one of those tapes that you use to listen to a cd player through a tape player. Plug in the tape to the line out input on back of your sirius and then insert tape into player. You will have no static and your audio level will be much better as well. You will not have to tune to a fm station anymore. If no tape player you can buy a line out cable that plugs into the back of your am/fm.
If this works........it's a great idea. :lol: Nice one.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjon619
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamster
if your truck has a tape player, buy one of those tapes that you use to listen to a cd player through a tape player. Plug in the tape to the line out input on back of your sirius and then insert tape into player. You will have no static and your audio level will be much better as well. You will not have to tune to a fm station anymore. If no tape player you can buy a line out cable that plugs into the back of your am/fm.
If this works........it's a great idea. :lol: Nice one.
It definitely works. That is what I use for mine. Absolutely no static and the audio comes thru much better. When I was using the fm frequency I had to crank the radio to hear it. This is the easiest and cheapest fix. The tape costs about 10 bucks and you can buy them anywhere electronics are sold.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman7
I just bought one yesterday and here's why. My brother bought one and he was having reception problems so he called the store (circuit city) and was told by the salesman that sirius and xm were running too strong of a signal on their fm modulator so the fcc made them back off some. In other words you want to by one of the older models because they have more power than the new ones. He had a sportster tpk4 and returned it for a tpk2 and said it works great. So i figured I better get one before they are all gone. If you have a tpk4 see if you can return it and get the tpk2. As a bonus they're cheaper, Circuit city has the old ones for 109 plus a 30 mail in rebate which brings it to $79.
I have the older sportster as well and mine still had alot of static in it-didnt matter what station I had on. I highly suggest you buy a tape for the tape player or buy the cable that plugs into the back of your am/fm. You will be much happier with the performance.