User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2006, 05:59 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by areyouvi3t
i make bout 90k gross on paper, a company driver and am out 5 days a week but work only 4 (1 day laying over at hotel.) drive bout 2500 miles a week, dedicated run. also, company pays my meals (20.00 a day). the money i make lumping the load is estimated at about 1000.00 a month (250.00 a week) and that's not on paper but in my pocket. company gives us cash every trip. so i guess i make over 100k a year being a company driver...................and i aint the only one, most of us at my company make the same, if not more. the highest anyone from my company made was 130,000 a year. this was last year. i have never had to tap the atm machine at all since i've been with this gig.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I JUST PISSED MY PANTS LAUGHING SO HARD AT THIS BILLY BIG RIGGERS POST... WHAT A TARD!!
Old 11-01-2006, 06:24 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Even if this story wasn't right on the shelve next to FANTASY ISLAND I would write it off as a crap job,As you stated you lump every one of your loads ...And that loses my interest no matter how good the "PITCH". :shock:
Old 11-01-2006, 10:43 AM

To the original poster that would like to know what you can make driving a truck it is possible to make over a 100K a year as a company driver, I am doing it, in a day cab and sleep in my own bed everynight.

Prefer not to have those making less attempt to discredit my fortunate position, but regardless it is sure to happen.

I just do not see the lure of making entry level salaries in such a dangerous occupation. Get some experience making entry level bucks and then chase the bucks if that's what your after, it's not that difficult in my book.

The key to making good money is to find companies that pay hourly and pay a flat rate for a run regardless of how long it takes to complete it. Grease the run every day a few hours (or more) depending on the angles you can work it and live well grasshopper.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:14 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Grease the run? :?
Old 11-01-2006, 11:16 AM

We used to call this "Milking the clock" back in my hourly wage days
Old 11-01-2006, 12:23 PM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by areyouvi3t
why would i lie for, i'm just giving informtion that someone requested :roll: and i don't drive 55 mph in every state as every state has different speeds.........your calculation is off..........i said on paper i make bout 90k.......therefore i make bout 1800.00 gross a week not counting the lumping.
This is the part I thought was interesting. Why does he say "on paper"? Does that mean its not real? Is he including being reimbursed for out of pocket expenses or what? Maybe he's including his benefit package. Free family health insurance is worth $1000 month but most companies pay it or a portion of it. Vacation pay, disability ins, pension, 401k etc,etc. Sounds like he's repeating the "company spin" he was given when they hired him. I'll bet its a 60k job with good bennies. Still a good job though.
Old 11-01-2006, 03:24 PM
Rookie

WOW! You guys make big bucks here. I don't know what I'm still doing here. I'm a software engineer with 4 years of experience and make about $58k + benefits. I've been looking at trucking for awhile now but thought I'd have to start making $30k/yr.

This is something I'm defintely going to investigate. I want to get out of the corporate 9-5 desk job every day. Always wanted to drive trucks and also do stuff with my hands. Now the most I do with my hands is pluck keys on a keyboard

Thanks for everyones input. I'd like to get into a niche like glass hauling or something like that. I'm sure then you really rake in the pay.
Old 11-01-2006, 03:36 PM
Board Regular

good morning folks, haha you guys still at it i see, lol. personally, i really don't care if you believe me or not, it's not like your opinion affects my bank account, lol. I know what the majority of you company drivers make and it's tough to cross even 60k working the whole year! so, i know it's gonna sound ironic to you all. trust me, i didn't even know i was gonna make that much when i started, the company didn't tell me i was gonna make that much, either.......all they told me when i got hired was we get paid by the trip, and a % on the back hauls and all the other usual stuff(detention, layover, meals, breakdown, out of route miles, etc.) so i got lucky and found a really good job. we only have about 35 drivers. when i started, i asked some fellow drivers will i gross over 1k a week, and they just laughed and said "you will net over that a week. the local drivers gross 1k."
and yoopr, we do have quit a few X owner ops that work for us. they are happy cause they don't have to deal with the stresses of being one and getting paid good and not having to be out for months.
to the pittsburgh dude, all i gotta say is if you do a little more research, you will find out who i work for, asking my company how much you can make working here, your gonna get a blank answer, cause everyone makes different amounts, but all gross over 50k, even the local guys. i do the big run, so i get paid more :wink:

everything sounds so sweet to be true, i know, but there are some bad sides now.............
1. we slip seat
2.we have to layover on certain runs
3.we PAY for our insurance, dental, diability, etc.
4.we have limited time to get to other driver waiting for trailer
5.multiple stops(i got 7)........usually in the city
6.we bust our butt
7.no time to b.s. and enjoy the area

just look at that and tell me what kind of driver would do all that for the normal pay?
at least when i come in to work every week, everyone greets me by my first name .
Old 11-01-2006, 03:38 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's
Even if this story wasn't right on the shelve next to FANTASY ISLAND I would write it off as a crap job,As you stated you lump every one of your loads ...And that loses my interest no matter how good the "PITCH". :shock:
i choose to do the lumping, remember, i said they give us cash every trip. it's to hire the lumpers and our meals :roll:
Old 11-01-2006, 03:49 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverboy
To the original poster that would like to know what you can make driving a truck it is possible to make over a 100K a year as a company driver, I am doing it, in a day cab and sleep in my own bed everynight.

Prefer not to have those making less attempt to discredit my fortunate position, but regardless it is sure to happen.

I just do not see the lure of making entry level salaries in such a dangerous occupation. Get some experience making entry level bucks and then chase the bucks if that's what your after, it's not that difficult in my book.

The key to making good money is to find companies that pay hourly and pay a flat rate for a run regardless of how long it takes to complete it. Grease the run every day a few hours (or more) depending on the angles you can work it and live well grasshopper.
well said :wink:
Closed Thread