Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

You can lead a horse to water, but you cant make it drink.... :roll:
Old 10-25-2006, 07:24 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Hey that sounds like definite newby abuse. I was abused also but had four different trainers-three of whom abused me. I specifically requested that I get a male trainer, I am a female and got a nasty lesbian. She abused me so badly. I was team driving on day two at 11 hours. Day three I was driving at midnight until 5 a.m. while she was in the sleeper. The Rule at Swift was no driving over 8 hours the first two weeks. So that was definitely abuse.

I'm telling you after driving 28 months. There's no way in hell I'd go into a sleeper with a person who had driven for only two days on their own. I was on 80 in Nevada so the chances of me crashing into anything were pretty slim. Although, I'm sure that I could have killed a few coyotes if I tried. However, she sounded almost like the trainer you have/had. She gave me only an hour a day in the truck stop. I went four days one time without a shower. I had lots of wipes to wipe up-she either didn't or didn't use them. She was disgusting.

Trainer two: Took a load and didn't scale it. The boxes were double stacked in the nose of the trailer. We got to the scale in Misery [oops-Missouri-hate that state] and I got hauled inside. I got an over axle ticket. That trainer was such a piece of work. He told Swift that if he had to pay the ticket he'd bring me back to Memphis-I live in Denver. Heard how people got dropped off on the other side of the country from where they live. It was really his ticket anyway since he picked it up and didn't scale it. He was also an owner operator as well as trainer. How shameful that you wouldn't admit that you picked the load up and didn't scale it. It was my first ticket and I hadn't even finished training yet. What a great start to a trucking career.

Trainer three: showed me how to draft on a bridge in West Memphis behind another big rig with traffic all around us. He chewed and kept the "spit cup" 1/2 inch from my drinking cup. I had to throw the cup away every day so I didn't have to see that mess. I fell out of the bunk one morning after I had driven the entire night. He bullshit all day long in Memphis and let his hours run out. He came to the truck right after I started to sleep at 11 p.m. and told me that I would have to drive since his hours had run out. I was furious.

I drove for hours on two lane roads with no shoulders through hillbilly land-Arkansas. When I finally stopped I fell asleep and woke up about 3 hours later. I felt like the truck was moving and I didni't want to fall out of the bunk. [When you're on the top bunk and the wind is blowing it feels that way-discovered that later.] I looked down and saw that he wasn't driving. I fell back asleep apparently on the side of the mattress and fell and got wedged between the drivers seat and gear shift. That stupid sob left to make deliveries around Arkansas. I was in the hospital hunched over in a fetal position. They determined I didn't have any broken bones so they were literally kicking me out of the room.

I was shocked, I had no purse, no money and didn't know one hillbilly in Arkansas who could help me. A really friendly woman got me a breakfast at the hospital since I was now basically homeless/moneyless dazed and confused. The Sears lady [where I had parked that morning] was gracious enough to come to the hospital to pick me up. She had captured my purse before his departure which had my credit cards and cell phone in them.

The idiot trainer came back at the end of the day. I had told him don't tell the training dept. that I'm hurt. They'll take me off the truck. I want to finish training. This idiot bullshit all day long in Memphis and would go out at night to pretend he was OTR when he was a local/regional driver. Therefore, I figured if I took one day off I'd recover. That was in fact all that it took.

Sure enough the idiot told the training dept. They took me off the truck. Thank god, trainer number four was the best trainer. He couldn't drive at night so I didn't have to drive at night either. I was totally exhausted by the other 3 trainers who thought that 5 and 5 was the ticket. Garbage. If you only sleep 5 hours per day you certainly can't be sleeping every other 5 hours.

So hey, I understand what you're going through. Most of the trainers I've met have no business being trainers. Most of them are greedy and just want to make money. Hang tough and if CRE doesn't help you out-get out of there!
Old 10-25-2006, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzle
Hey that sounds like definite newby abuse. I was abused also but had four different trainers-three of whom abused me. I specifically requested that I get a male trainer, I am a female and got a nasty lesbian. She abused me so badly. I was team driving on day two at 11 hours. Day three I was driving at midnight until 5 a.m. while she was in the sleeper. The Rule at Swift was no driving over 8 hours the first two weeks. So that was definitely abuse.

I'm telling you after driving 28 months. There's no way in hell I'd go into a sleeper with a person who had driven for only two days on their own. I was on 80 in Nevada so the chances of me crashing into anything were pretty slim. Although, I'm sure that I could have killed a few coyotes if I tried. However, she sounded almost like the trainer you have/had. She gave me only an hour a day in the truck stop. I went four days one time without a shower. I had lots of wipes to wipe up-she either didn't or didn't use them. She was disgusting.

Trainer two: Took a load and didn't scale it. The boxes were double stacked in the nose of the trailer. We got to the scale in Misery [oops-Missouri-hate that state] and I got hauled inside. I got an over axle ticket. That trainer was such a piece of work. He told Swift that if he had to pay the ticket he'd bring me back to Memphis-I live in Denver. Heard how people got dropped off on the other side of the country from where they live. It was really his ticket anyway since he picked it up and didn't scale it. He was also an owner operator as well as trainer. How shameful that you wouldn't admit that you picked the load up and didn't scale it. It was my first ticket and I hadn't even finished training yet. What a great start to a trucking career.

Trainer three: showed me how to draft on a bridge in West Memphis behind another big rig with traffic all around us. He chewed and kept the "spit cup" 1/2 inch from my drinking cup. I had to throw the cup away every day so I didn't have to see that mess. I fell out of the bunk one morning after I had driven the entire night. He bullshit all day long in Memphis and let his hours run out. He came to the truck right after I started to sleep at 11 p.m. and told me that I would have to drive since his hours had run out. I was furious.

I drove for hours on two lane roads with no shoulders through hillbilly land-Arkansas. When I finally stopped I fell asleep and woke up about 3 hours later. I felt like the truck was moving and I didni't want to fall out of the bunk. [When you're on the top bunk and the wind is blowing it feels that way-discovered that later.] I looked down and saw that he wasn't driving. I fell back asleep apparently on the side of the mattress and fell and got wedged between the drivers seat and gear shift. That stupid sob left to make deliveries around Arkansas. I was in the hospital hunched over in a fetal position. They determined I didn't have any broken bones so they were literally kicking me out of the room.

I was shocked, I had no purse, no money and didn't know one hillbilly in Arkansas who could help me. A really friendly woman got me a breakfast at the hospital since I was now basically homeless/moneyless dazed and confused. The Sears lady [where I had parked that morning] was gracious enough to come to the hospital to pick me up. She had captured my purse before his departure which had my credit cards and cell phone in them.

The idiot trainer came back at the end of the day. I had told him don't tell the training dept. that I'm hurt. They'll take me off the truck. I want to finish training. This idiot bullshit all day long in Memphis and would go out at night to pretend he was OTR when he was a local/regional driver. Therefore, I figured if I took one day off I'd recover. That was in fact all that it took.

Sure enough the idiot told the training dept. They took me off the truck. Thank god, trainer number four was the best trainer. He couldn't drive at night so I didn't have to drive at night either. I was totally exhausted by the other 3 trainers who thought that 5 and 5 was the ticket. Garbage. If you only sleep 5 hours per day you certainly can't be sleeping every other 5 hours.

So hey, I understand what you're going through. Most of the trainers I've met have no business being trainers. Most of them are greedy and just want to make money. Hang tough and if CRE doesn't help you out-get out of there!

No offense but you sound like a total pain the a$$.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:41 PM
Rookie

CRE? You mean CR England?

Your screwing has only just begun. Get used to it.

Prime and CR England are the two WORST Companies in the industry.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:46 PM
Senior Board Member

All the horror stories I hear about trainers, it makes me glad I got a first rate trainer when I was with Stevens. Last I ran into him he was working for Crete. Goes by the CB handle "Indian Outlaw" since he's part Mescalaro Apache.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:44 AM
Senior Board Member

you all r describing bad trainers but how would you like one to be?
what would be the perfect trainer?
Old 10-26-2006, 01:40 AM

I would be one. Like I said early, you get paid as a team but you pocket all the cash. I just hope they have some discretion in who they get to train. I want veto power over some retard or some dirty ass fat bastard. No offense to any fat people out there. As long as you were clean I wouldn't care. Just talkin about the dude who shows up for his first day of training in some dirty sweats with holes in them and a t-shirt 2 sizes to small. No way someone like that gets in my rig.
Old 10-26-2006, 02:55 AM
Senior Board Member

i hear what you r saying acranger but what if hes poor and cant afford good clothes at the first week of training.
i had one a long time ago not wearing any socks i dont know if it was that or his i know everything attitude that pissed me off .but that ahole went awol while staying in the nice hotel i put him in on off days. glad i dont train anymore.
if a student has a good attitude decent hygiene not a total cross everyt and dot every I problem. most will enjoy the experience. then again iv seen some trainers i wanted to kill and i didnt even train with them. theirs bad trainers at every company just have to hope you luckout and get a good one.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:56 AM

spencerian wrote in another thread:

Let's see... I will NEVER tell anyone they are right for opening their mouth and regurgitating negative and destructive comments about a company they have never worked for.

Now say I were to ask about bluejeans (stick with me for a second). Say I wanted to buy a pair of $97 Tommy Hillfiger jeans and wanted opinions on them.

I would probably see replies like:
They're overpriced, and not worth the money. -or-
My buddy owns a pair. They're junk. -or-
Why would you buy those? You can get 4 pair of Lee jeans for $97. -or-
My wife bought me a pair. They actually fit well and lasted quite a while.

Out of all those opinions, I would trust the last one. Why? Because it is a first hand experience.

So when someone posts CRE will cheat you, rob you of miles, make you run illegal, never get you home, and take your first born I tend to ignore it unless they have actually worked for CRE.

You may say "There are several people that have been a lease-operator for CRE and loss their ass." That may be true.

BUT I am going to be a company driver. Do me a favor....
find all the posts that are NEGATIVE FIRST HAND experiences from CRE company drivers.

Stranger says:

You finally got what you wanted, a negative first hand experience about CRE. It's kind of ironic that it came from you.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:40 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken_o
i hear what you r saying acranger but what if hes poor and cant afford good clothes at the first week of training.
i had one a long time ago not wearing any socks i dont know if it was that or his i know everything attitude that pissed me off .but that ahole went awol while staying in the nice hotel i put him in on off days. glad i dont train anymore.
if a student has a good attitude decent hygiene not a total cross everyt and dot every I problem. most will enjoy the experience. then again iv seen some trainers i wanted to kill and i didnt even train with them. theirs bad trainers at every company just have to hope you luckout and get a good one.
WHAT?