User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2006, 04:07 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default sure and live on $150 a week

good luck cuz you will be only making $150 a week, werner prefers their veteran drivers and don't care about new drivers they don't care if you starve or freeze to death. their trucks automatically go off every 3 hours in cold no matter what! i had a trainer who worked 4 werner and got the joy of almost freezing 2 death in her truck at -70 degrees below zero in montana caught between dispatcher and road break down who literally left her to die. truth.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:01 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: don't go 2 WERNER!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by syl77dar
Werners' drivers, trainers etc have a 95% of log violations! Come to CRST only an 8 month contract for school! Here call Tom, recruiter at 1-800-553-2778 give him my name Sylvia Fichtner and email me at [email protected] and I will give you more info 2 give Tom.

Stay AWAY FROM CRST.unless you and your wife are going to be running as a team on the truck...STAY AWAY from CRST.........THE GOLD RUSH.........FOOLS GOLD.....

AND...always be cautious of other drivers that try to recruit you ...They make $$$$$ when they recruit other drivers for their company....I know drivers that HATED their company ..And were just biding their time ,But thought nothing of SUCKERING another driver into the same crap company to get 250...500...1000 for recruiting a new driver ...
Old 10-18-2006, 07:27 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: sure and live on $150 a week

Quote:
good luck cuz you will be only making $150 a week, Werner prefers their veteran drivers and don't care about new drivers they don't care if you starve or freeze to death. their trucks automatically go off every 3 hours in cold no matter what! i had a trainer who worked 4 Werner and got the joy of almost freezing 2 death in her truck at -70 degrees below zero in montana caught between dispatcher and road break down who literally left her to die. truth.

SMOKES GETTING THICK IN HERE.........

Look I have driven for Werner for 14 months ,and yes there are better paying companies....No Werner does not give special treatment to senior drivers over NEWBS....What they do however is give the best freight to Student trainers.....which you can be after 3 months on your own as long as your accident free ....

And no Werner's trucks do...NOT...shut off there are no restrictions on idle..I should know..I idle my truck non-stop ..shutting it off only to pre-trip.....

What next are going to tell him if he go's over his HOS his truck will shut down in the middle of the G.W. BRIDGE....... :wink: :lol:

70 below in Montana ........maybe you GF had GELLED fuel from poorly treated fuel.....Or some other mechanical trouble...But it wasn't Werner shutting her heat off in 70 below weather.....You can't tell me that CRST does not have mechanical failure on their trucks...And I bet it's more often than Werner's ..as CRST does not have the resources Werner does equipment wise....

As for making $150 a week....Yes Werner's pay is low...NOT $150 low ....I make between 600-800 ,,yeah not real great ..But far better than $150.00 ....If your making 150.00 at Werner you won't make money at any trucking company ,as if your only making $150.00 something is wrong with the driver not just the company...

I have spoken to tons of drivers for..... CRETE...CFI..CRST...KNIGHT...SWIFT....SCHNEIDER... J.B.Hunt...CR.England.... Covenant..And many other Werner drivers ( think Covenant is a sister company of KNIGHT ).....And many others.....

Here's my top 3.. after talking to ..NON DRIVER recruiters...for pay miles..quality equipment....This list is for drivers with 1 yr or less experience..as with 2 yrs or more the field of choices is much larger....

1.Crete
2.CFI
3.Knight....... A distanst questionable 3rd
Old 10-18-2006, 10:29 PM
Rookie

Quote:
good luck cuz you will be only making $150 a week, werner prefers their veteran drivers and don't care about new drivers they don't care if you starve or freeze to death. their trucks automatically go off every 3 hours in cold no matter what! i had a trainer who worked 4 werner and got the joy of almost freezing 2 death in her truck at -70 degrees below zero in montana caught between dispatcher and road break down who literally left her to die. truth.
Probably a lot of he said, she said crap right there, because I can assure you that unless you hold your paperwork, you will make more than that a week.

I'm with Big Jeep on this one.... My checks run anywhere from 600 to 800 net consistantly, short of the weeks that I take a few days off for hometime, and then they will be in the $400 range.
Old 10-18-2006, 11:37 PM
Board Regular

Schneider has decent pay for when your going through schooling. They will feed you morning and night but not dinner. They will let you use a company car. Sounds good to me and your hotel is payed for
Old 10-19-2006, 01:19 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's

SMOKES GETTING THICK IN HERE.........
Uh-huh.... I agree.

Quote:
I have spoken to tons of drivers for..... CRETE...CFI..CRST...KNIGHT...SWIFT....SCHNEIDER... J.B.Hunt...CR.England.... Covenant..And many other Werner drivers ( think Covenant is a sister company of KNIGHT ).....And many others.....

Here's my top 3.. after talking to ..NON DRIVER recruiters...for pay miles..quality equipment....This list is for drivers with 1 yr or less experience..as with 2 yrs or more the field of choices is much larger....

1.Crete
2.CFI
3.Knight....... A distanst questionable 3rd
Being somewhat biased (imagine that.... :shock: ) I can honestly say that I personally think that CFI is the king of the hill....and for those that are curious .... you can search this site for the keywords: CFI and Skywalker, and you will easily find out why I am so biased..

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.