User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2006, 03:53 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Permit or Physical??....Training in the Winter....

Howdy All:

I am going to go to Millis' in OH in about 5-6 weeks and I have a question regarding my preparation for such things. When I was pre-hired by Millis, they sent me the blank forms and card to be filled out for the physical exam. They also informed me that I must get my Michigan Temporary Instructional Permit before going to school. Which should I do first? Is the completed physical required in order to take the test for and attain the permit? Also, with my expectant start-date being 12-4, would I be better served to go get those things in the last week or two of November, or should I try to get them out of the way now or does it matter??

Also, in regards to WHEN Im making this career decision.....My logic was that it would be best to go through the initial challenges of learning to drive a rig during the worst weather times of the year. I would imagine that the vast majority of weather-related shutdowns and periods of "heightened safety alertness issues" come between December and March. My thinking was that it would be better to learn during those times and have the truly "mother nature enhanced" education.....so that hopefully in June when the weather is nice, I can concentrate on getting more miles and have the "roughest parts" behind me. The alternative, going to training in the summer, would make it seem that I would be seeing my first snowstorm on the great plains with about 3 months experience.....and somehow that just doesnt seem too bright. Am I on to something or just being over-paranoid? Thanks for anyones help...
Old 10-13-2006, 03:56 PM
Rookie
Default Physical

Get your physical first then get the permit that way if high blood pressure or something would come up you didn't waiste your money. Mine was all done at school. I never had to take physical before going. I went to swift for mine in TN.
Old 10-13-2006, 04:01 PM
Rookie
Default Re: Physical

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaley06
Get your physical first then get the permit that way if high blood pressure or something would come up you didn't waiste your money. Mine was all done at school. I never had to take physical before going. I went to swift for mine in TN.
And no you don't need a physical to get your permit just SS Number or some cases birth certificate. And License.
Old 10-13-2006, 04:05 PM
Rookie

Thanks Shaley!