User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2006, 06:27 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Winter Parking - Electric Plug Required?

Hi - this is my first posting. My husband is a newbie. He just got his CDL and will probably sign with Schneider, as we thought they had the most opportunities for us, since we plan on moving soon. However, we're in Connecticut now, and both Schneider & Roehl told us they want their truck plugged in during the winter. When they say plugged in, they are talking about electricity. We live in an apartment complex which won't even allow the truck (hitch) to be parked. We did find a lot with other Schneider trucks, but none of them are plugged in and have no plans of plugging in for the winter.

This situation concerns us, as Schneider has put this in writing that this is the procedure (plugging in the trucks in the Winter). We live about 150 miles from the nearest Schneider service center, and about 20 miles from a Travel America, but even at Travel America, I haven't seen any electrical outlets with the truck.

If anyone knows how we can handle it, it would be greatly appreciated. We don't want to commit with Schneider (or Roehl) if it means we are agreeing to plug in the truck.

If anybody has any other suggestions, as to where to park it (during the winter), that would also help. We live in Hartford metro area of Connecticut.
Thanks
Old 10-09-2006, 06:46 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

If you have any Truck Dealerships around go in and talk with them. Perhaps with a few bucks a month thrown their way they'll let you plug in at their place.
There's that truck stop west of Hartford but I forgot how far it is from you and what the name of it is.

You also might want to call Safety Dept. at Schneider and see if they can help you out.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:45 PM
Rookie
Default Winter Parking - Electric Plug Required?

Thanks for the reply. Do you have any idea how much money we should offer to park at a dealership? Being that my husband will be starting out new, his options of hometime seem to be limited. He won't be home much, which means we won't need to park the truck that much either. It looks like he'll be gone 2 to 3 weeks and home for 3 or 4 days (If lucky!).

Also, is this plugging of the truck a common practice?
Old 10-10-2006, 12:44 AM
Board Icon

Well you don't have the -40f weather I have where it's Mandatory or you don't start your truck, but IF Schneider wants it Plugged in you better get it plugged in because it wouldn't be good having to call in some morning and have to tell them your truck wouldn't start because you didn't plug it in :P

I'd just offer the Dealership around $50 a month-If that's not good enough for them go from there.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:49 AM
Senior Board Member

There is an auto repair shop about 2 miles from where we live; they have allowed my husband to park his truck there and plug it in- usually its only for about 4 days, so they really do not charge much- $10 is all. (even after that big-pig kept blowing all thier fuses!) You could check-out a place like that maybe.