User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2006, 05:43 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaki86
Does anyone else find it odd that there are 2 trucks that go past the wreck after it happened? One was a fed-ex pulling pups.
Find it odd..... i think its downright disrespectful that those other 2 trucks ( and the few cars ) didnt stop to make sure everyone was ok someone could have possibly been saved if they had... we, myself included can all spculate over that assumption but we will never know..... hard to tell though if the FedEx trailers were "gound" or "express" im really suprised that that driver didnt stop esp. on how big they are about safety, but gee wiz what happened to unity of "truckers" helping "truckers"....

Well i havent been around to follow up with my added .02 this afternoon like the other memphis drivers here have. ive been at work but anyhow on my way in was listening to the news on the radio. heres what i heard. the video is from a "ryder" rental yard, didnt specify if it was tractor yard of moving ven yard. The first truck the male was drving he passed away and he had 1 occupant, his wife in the passenger seat..... to my knowlege she has no passed. the 2nd truck had 6 females in it. not sure exactly whic truck it was carrying the batteries. i think it was the first. i would think that the reason the driver of the first truck passed away and not the passenger is "maybe" he could have had his window down and the passenger did not. This could allow for flames to enter, as well as toxic gases. Who knows ......

until we get more info.........................
Old 10-05-2006, 05:56 AM
Rookie
Default i stand corrected.............

news article from memphis newspapers says there were 2 males and 6 females...... one male and two female died on scene the other male at the hospital the other 4 women still in.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca/...043182,00.html

watching the video of the crash you can see A car pull up next to the first truck just b4 it gets hit but it really hard to tell what happened to it..... kinda looks like it took some of the propulsion from the force, but then it also looks like it scarred the mess out of them and they hauleda$$ just from the sound of the crash i mean they were RIGHT THERE when it happened thats no doubt.

ok as i see it after playing the video and pausing and stopping it reaptedly during the video the car the was next to the truck did get away with out being caught up in th mix up but i would think that either A) there is some sort of damage from heat or debris on the right side and back of that vehicle of B) there are some serious stains in the drivers seat..... need i say more....
Old 10-05-2006, 06:02 AM
Board Regular

Hell?it was 3:30AM. The driver ramming the other must have fallen asleep.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:11 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cattle_feed_maker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaki86
Does anyone else find it odd that there are 2 trucks that go past the wreck after it happened? One was a fed-ex pulling pups.
Find it odd..... i think its downright disrespectful that those other 2 trucks ( and the few cars ) didnt stop to make sure everyone was ok someone could have possibly been saved if they had... we, myself included can all spculate over that assumption but we will never know..... hard to tell though if the FedEx trailers were "gound" or "express" im really suprised that that driver didnt stop esp. on how big they are about safety, but gee wiz what happened to unity of "truckers" helping "truckers"....
Hell?I don?t blame them for not stopping at all, at least right there in camera range, unless they wanted their own vehicles to catch fire too. I?m sure they stopped once and after they got out of harms way.
Old 10-06-2006, 10:12 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

nevermind....
Old 10-06-2006, 10:14 PM
Senior Board Member

you can see one pull up next to the 1st truck on the left side and then disappear
Old 10-07-2006, 01:11 AM
Rookie

on the news the other night they zommed in and brightened up the pic alot and you could see the car pull up and stop when the crash happened it got spun around and then sat there for a minute and then drove off in the direction that it came from..... the news hasnt updated anything about the story yet and really havent been covering it much either lately the last few days so still kinda w/o any info on this.......
Old 10-07-2006, 04:44 AM
Board Regular

if there was actually a car in there there may not be anything left of it, but id still bet there would be the axles of a car at least somewhere in there or some part of the frame of a car that they can spot. So I cant see how a car can just disappear unless it wasnt there to begin with.
Old 10-11-2006, 02:35 AM
Board Regular

Investigators have determined that all four fatalities and the four in ICU were all in the USA truck that plowed into the truck stopped at the light. The driver of the stopped truck was uninjured in the accident.

The car that was observed stopped along side the first truck was pushed clear of the fireball by the force of the explosion and didn't stop.

The big question now is ........why the driver of the USA truck had 7 passenagers in the cab with him. The four surviving victims are still in intensive care and unable to answer questions.

Rodney Boone, 41, of Forest City, NC was the driver of the USA truck. Jessica Greene, 23, also of Forrest City; Kennyatta Bennett, 26, and Gloria Woods, 50, both of Memphis, were the other 3 fatalities........the other four survivors have yet to be identified.

Now the law suits................man I hope USA is in good financial condition............I'm thinking their going to need it.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:31 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toothpick
Damn?I?m glad I checked in. I was wondering what was up? I passed that way earlier today in between 12:15 and 12:30, but I didn?t have any idea what had happened. Turned on the CB but never heard what was going on. I was planning on stopping at the Pilots just up the road to pick me up a Subway when all of a sudden I was rerouted onto E. Raines Road because they had a cop car blocking Lamar. So I took E. Raines to Getwell Road and then Getwell Road to Goodman Rd (MS-302) in Southaven, and then Goodman Rd back to US-78. In fact, a couple of USA trucks followed me all the way around, like they were lost are something. When I got to Shelby Drive, I started to turn left to go to the two Pilots, but decided against it because I didn?t know how far back the road was closed. So I ended up going to the Flying J instead to eat.
Even being in Memphis they drive all over so I'd say they may have been in training and at that time of night I'd say they was. When I was down there it is nothing to see 5 to 6 in the trucks just like swift did at night classes.