User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2006, 11:33 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

The whole thing about how you have to be 21 doesn't make much sense to me. I will be 21 in 2 months, but still. You can do everything at age 18 except buy/consume alcohol. At 18, you are legally considered an "adult". Why is it 21 to drive a commercial vehicle out of state? What is the difference if its in your state or out of your state? Can someone clear this up for me?
Old 10-01-2006, 02:50 AM
Board Regular

Yes, I said so I was 19.

And I guess they don't let people under 21 drive out of state because they feel if something were to happen (truck breaks down, etc.) while they're clean across the country, they might panic, because they might be too young or inexperienced to handle the situation. Not saying that's true, it just may be the law-makers opinion. Another reason might be is that they might stop and pick up prostitutes because at that age, you can't go more than 10 seconds without thinking about sex. (But then again, persons over 21 probably still think about it a lot, too.)
Old 10-01-2006, 03:52 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjv189
Can someone clear this up for me?
I can clear it up for you. A bucnh of B. S. thats all there is to that. I got my class A at 18 passed all the same test some one does at 21 did all the same thing but yet i couldnt drive out of state. Am 22 now so i dont have to worry about it but i still think it is B.S. What made me mad is my dad is a O/O and been around trucks my whole life. But yet they take some guy off the streets and put him ina CDL mill and they come out really knowing nothing about trucks and he can drive all 48. I used to really get worked up over this. :evil: :evil:

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 10-01-2006, 01:57 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackman
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjv189
Can someone clear this up for me?
I can clear it up for you. A bucnh of B. S. thats all there is to that. I got my class A at 18 passed all the same test some one does at 21 did all the same thing but yet i couldnt drive out of state. Am 22 now so i dont have to worry about it but i still think it is B.S. What made me mad is my dad is a O/O and been around trucks my whole life. But yet they take some guy off the streets and put him ina CDL mill and they come out really knowing nothing about trucks and he can drive all 48. I used to really get worked up over this. :evil: :evil:
Sounds like something the City I work for would do. Instead of promoting me to being a truckdriver, they just hire someone else. They do the same thing when it comes to equipment operators. The ones who dont' know how to run it, they let them be heavy equipment operators. The ones who know how to operate them, they just put them at medium equipment.

But dont' worry though, once I do get my Class A's, and I find me a truckdriving job, I'm outta that s***hole. (Xcuse my language, but that's really the only term to desribe it.) :sad: