LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2006, 05:57 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: Tips on eating and staying in shape OTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayisay
I was very active in my previous job before getting my CDL. So when I started rolling my diet, money, and exercise went down the drain. I talked to this lady and she told me about Advocare. I was very sceptical at first but after doing some research I found that many pro athlets use the products to get and stay in shape. I have been using the product for one month and I lost 25 pounds and feel great(As great as one can without being to exercise daily). Without boring everyone to death I use a meal replacement shake(just add water), vitamin, Spark energy drink (tastes like kool-aid), and thats it. Pretty cheap also. Around $210 a month. Hope this helps. You can go online to order or research for yourself at https://www.advocare.com/06093715/

Take it easy!!!
Hello Rayisay,
I've been involved pretty heavily in sports most of my life and have probably tried most of the "sports" and health supps out there. Advocare is a new one to me. I do believe in vitamins for most working people especially otr people because your diet basically sucks. My question to you is how do you keep from wearing a catheter with all of the liquid you are consuming?LOL I'm also pretty certain that no matter what you eat, drink or even when you use a supplement for weight loss, if you ingest 2400 calories for instance and your body (assuming a person is not physically active) only burns up 1500 you will store the excess as fat. Since most of a drivers day is spent sitting and not putting-out much energy, do you combine this supp diet with exercise?
Old 10-07-2006, 10:16 PM
Rookie

This is also a concern of mine... I just passed my cdl test today and have been thinking about what I can do in my truck. I don't know how comfortable I would be jogging around truck stops and all. I was even thinking about taking my bike (both wheels can be taken off to save space), but once again I'm not sure how comfortable I would be with that. You guys have been doing this for awhile, what do you think? Is this something a lot of truckers do? I don't know about aerobics in my truck... I'm a big guy, hehe.

I recently gave up pop, well sorta... I know that will help out a lot with getting in shape and losing. Eventually I'll get a hot plate and cooler which should make it easy to heat up prepared food... (grilled tilapia.... mmmmm).
Old 10-08-2006, 12:12 AM
Rookie

This is something thats going to be a problem for me if and when i start driving long distances...I am a dedicated powerlifter/strongman/olympic lifter...or you could say strength trainer...i lift weights depending on my training regime, any wheres from 4-6 days a week...im 6-3 350-360, with around 17-20 percent bf..so if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask...
Old 11-06-2006, 06:49 AM
Senior Board Member

I have been giving this more some thought because the day I got out on the road is coming nearer. I used to run marathons and practiced the Martial Arts and I was in the Military for 18 years. I stayed in shape. It all went down hill once I got out of the Military, stopped running and Martial Arts. I have narrowed down what types of exercise I need to do to acheive the goals I have set for myself. Basically I will run, jump rope, calasthentics and Martial Arts. This will minimize the training equipment I will have to bring with me, running shoes, sweats, and jump rope. Later I can add the rubberbands or weights if I need to increase my resistence exercises. Any of these exercises can be done almost anywhere, at anytime. Martial Arts may not be the best idea at some places because it might cause more trouble than it is worth. I'll use judgement there. I am covering all the bases such as strength, aerobic, anaerobic exercises, stretching and balance. Now I need to figure out a good diet.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:03 AM
Senior Board Member

i`m not big on breakfast most of the time so I usually just have a coffee and an energy bar (I buy in bulk of course) then snack throughout the day and eat a nice fatty dinner wherever I stop for the night :lol:

between throwing tarps when i`m out, wrestling my kids on the weekends, taking care of stuff around the house, my wifes heavy hauling business and getting some a few times a week I stay pretty ripped