Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2006, 04:44 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Maverick USA

I was checking into training with Maverick, Swift or CRST, I would like to know what you experienced truckers who have either worked for any of these companies or have talked to any drivers and what you all think. I am leaning toward Maverick, but would like to know more about them. I have talked to these recruiters, but like the name says, they are recruiters, and I joined the army because of several lies from a recruiter. lol. So, is Maverick as good as it seems on the site? :roll:
Old 08-06-2006, 05:18 AM
BANNED
Senior Board Member

If your truly new to trucking, you may as well get nice equipment to start with, also learn to play by the rules. thats why Swift is going to be a good bet for you. Sure theres a bunch of bad about any company. but with swift you will not be taught to cheat logs, you will be under extreme pressure to log everything down to the wire.

You will have to follow a bunch of company rules you might think are bull honky, but they are in place for a reason.

Its a good company to get your start, after your year is up or whatever, move on, after a years time you will have out grown them. they are a training company. but you will know the ropes and much about trucking when that year is up.