User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2006, 04:44 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default HOGAN

Hello. I am looking to drive for Hogan. I was told by the recruiter that they are all switching to Auto Shift trucks?? Can anyone back this up? I know from Past a recruiter will tell you what you want to hear. I drive for US Express kinda looking for a change... Anyone can help thanks
Old 05-30-2006, 05:50 PM
Senior Board Member

That is what I have heard.

Hogan started getting in auto shifts a few years ago and the only manuals they have left are the ones they are getting ready to sell or trade.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:08 PM
Board Regular

my husband just quit a company that leased from Hogan, and all I have to say....the trucks leave some to be desired.

While I think Hogan is a decent company, pays well, I believe their trucks are just horrid. My hubby drove a 2005 with about 150,000 miles on it, and put it in the shop every weekend for 9 weeks because of a pretty bad vibration, I went with him a few times, and it almost shook you out of the seat.

Every time the same, can;t find it, can't feel it.....until someone finally decided to replace the drive tires, which my hubby suggested in the first place, and it was gone. But he had nine weeks of grief, going back and forth.

The trucks are decent, nothing great, just your most basic International, but clean. I know with 2 people you are crammed beyond belief in there.

The truck did not have tilt steering, being short makes it difficult to sit properly and still reach everything.

If the truck is not too much of a deal to you, they are a decent company. Their facility in St. Louis was always clean, has showers, laundry, TV room, for fuel someone does it for you, checks all the fluids etc.

Good luck!
Old 05-30-2006, 07:10 PM
Board Regular

oh yeah, and it was an auto shift truck. Kinda nice in the city, but if you have a codriver, boy, it shifts rough, takes some getting used to when you are trying to sleep. All in all not too bad, but not too good either.
Old 09-29-2006, 04:39 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabine
oh yeah, and it was an auto shift truck. Kinda nice in the city, but if you have a codriver, boy, it shifts rough, takes some getting used to when you are trying to sleep. All in all not too bad, but not too good either.
Must been the model you were in. If the driver knows whats they are doing the tranny shifts like butter. I've got 6000 miles on one with nothing but butter shifts, Love the auto. I drove the stick shift well, but the auto is just to nice.