View Poll Results: Do you like driving long haul?
Best Job Ever 15 36.59%
It's Alright 14 34.15%
Work is Work 8 19.51%
Stepping Stone to Something Else 3 7.32%
Worst Job Ever 1 2.44%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2006, 07:09 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Over half of the people like driving long haul or really like it. I'm pretty impressed. But then I have to think people who hate it probably aren't reading this forum, so I guess it will be a little biased.

I hate to say it but this site has really shattered my stereotype of truck drivers. Pretty thoughtful crew. Even if I don't get a driving job I have a new found respect for truck drivers in general. Thanks everyone.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:21 AM
Rookie

Over half of the people like driving long haul or really like it. I'm pretty impressed. But then I have to think people who hate it probably aren't reading this forum, so I guess it will be a little biased.

I hate to say it but this site has really shattered my stereotype of truck drivers. Pretty thoughtful crew. Even if I don't get a driving job I have a new found respect for truck drivers in general. Thanks everyone.
Old 03-19-2006, 03:30 AM
Board Regular

Me I am on Wisconsin short haul but I do take the occassional trip otr. Last week i was in North Carolina, Ashville area, and this comming week I am heading down to Atlanta, Ga. I used to run over the road but now if I go on the road over 300 air mile radius of my home terminal dispatch has to ask me if i want the load.
Old 03-19-2006, 06:15 AM

I just got out of school myself. We run OTR east coast to west coast and the new experiences are great. There are a couple of things that take a getting use to if you run teams...1) trying to sleep in a moving truck, 2) getting in to a routine or shifts, 3) dealing with shippers delays (had to wait for over 6 hours for a load of 3 pallets :evil: ) and there are more but I think things happen for a reason. So far I am enjoying seeing the sunrise and sunset in different states as well as the scenery. Good luck in your decision! I know I made the right decision for me, at least for now.