am i doing it wrong?
Works for me........... :twisted:
Old 03-16-2008, 11:36 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Hey Wildkat, I looked at your blog pictures and I just wanna say that those are some awesome pictures. I dont know how other drivers down here in the lower U.S. states feel about you guys up there but me personally I look up to you guys up there. I dont know if its a act or you guys really are some bad a$$ motherf@#*ers up there. I watched the show "Ice Road Truckers" last year and honestly I dont think I could do it, I love driving but man its brutal up there. So once again I'd just like to commend you on a job well done up there doing what you do!!!!
Old 03-17-2008, 04:36 AM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimpy
Hey Wildkat, I looked at your blog pictures and I just wanna say that those are some awesome pictures. I dont know how other drivers down here in the lower U.S. states feel about you guys up there but me personally I look up to you guys up there. I dont know if its a act or you guys really are some bad a$$ motherf@#*ers up there. I watched the show "Ice Road Truckers" last year and honestly I dont think I could do it, I love driving but man its brutal up there. So once again I'd just like to commend you on a job well done up there doing what you do!!!!
Thanks!

Unfortunately, that show did nothing for the guys that are up there working. Took Hollywood up North :cry: :cry:

The Ice Road I cross every day (2 miles wide) is no better or worse than the big road further north, just shorter, so in reality it can be much more dangerous if some idiot tailgates (you have to stay 500 meters apart) or speeds (12 mph speed limit), because the "wave" under the ice gets to the opposite shore all that much faster.

This is what happens in the spring (April), cracks form in the ice & water seeps up & you get "puddles". This is the time of year it is scary, cause you can't see: a)how deep the water is (it was 1/2 way up my fuel tanks in this picture) & b) for all you know there might be a whole in that water. The river is about 100 ft deep here, so it's a long ways to the bottom!

The "real" guys who work on the road each winter are just like any other trucker on the road, hard working, honest guys, just trying to earn a decent living. Oh sure, there are some "cowboys" (we call them "stupid truckers"), but they usually don't last longer than a trip or two, cause they make it dangerous for everyone else. On the mine road there is no second chance, you screw up or break the rules you're gone, simple as that. No one is willing to take the chance that some "bonehead" will get someone else killed.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"