User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2013, 11:11 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Getloaded.com - RIPOFF artists - their employees should be ashamed to work there

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwebber1963 View Post
Terrible experience with Getloaded.com!!! I've been in the trucking industry for over 20 years and contrary to popular belief, Getloaded.com is definitely NOT the leading load board on the internet. In fact, I would put them on the bottom of my list for a few reasons: a) they claim to have the easiest site - simply not true: Internet Truckstop is easier and 123Loadboard.com's Team works directly for me; b) Getloaded also claims to have the cheapest load board in the industry - not true as there are free services online and there $29.99/month plan offers nothing much, no mileage, no credit reports, no rate index; c) Terrible customer service - called 3 times regarding over-billing on my account and was given the run around each time. After all is said and done, I am glad I closed my Getloaded.com account back in October. I just had enough with them and am glad to hear that I am not the only one.

I recently switched from operating for a dedicated carrier to my own authority. I thought I'd give Getloaded a try, especially since they were offering a free 10 day trial (not 30 days, didn't see that!) I just had a very similar experience, so, thought I should share.

GETLOADED is more like "getrippedoff"...they offer a 10-day trial, after several attempts via email over a few days to get a log-in, I finally called and got signed up Nov 9th at 7:15 pm...via an email!!! One would presume 10 days would take us to Nov 19th at 7pm. I cancelled (or tried to) on Nov 18th replying to the email address that signed me up, (and every other email address I had gotten from them in 9 days) ...they replied on Nov 19th said I had to call customer service, I did so...they billed me on the 19th at 3am! I tried to count the days with their customer service/sales agent...he liked to call Nov 9th "day 1". He told me to take it up with their billing dept...which I did, or tried, could BARELY understand this poor sole, not sure WHAT country she was from, when she finally said "Do you want to speak with my manager", is enthusiastically said "YES"...well, guess who I got back on the phone? The same clown from yesterday!

It is only $45, but, it is really the principle of the matter...these guys took multiple times to even get me an account, but they sure were quick taking my money. If I can steer anyone away from Getloaded, then it is worth it. DO NOT use Getloaded unless you want to Getrippedoff.

What I found out during those 9 days (and learned really much quicker), most freight companies don't use Getloaded, and if you think about it, since they too have to pay a fee to post their loads, it makes sense they go where they get the best "bang for the buck", and Getloaded.com is not the place! I guess the only way Getloaded can make money is by ripping people off. There are some free load boards out there. What I did was ask the freight companies I do business with where they like to post loads, none of them said "Gettloaded". Huh. Go figure.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:56 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I used to subscribe to getloaded. I cancelled them when they jumped the subscription to $45 from about $30 or 35. It has been several years since I subscribed. I never had problem with them on the money. I rarely used them and didn't think the changes they made to justify the increase was worth it. I like it just the way it was before the changes. If I were you I would contact my bank and tell them that you never authorized the charges and see what happens. You will need to explain the situation to them, but that may be the easiest way to handle it since you can't seem to be able to deal with getloaded yourself.
Old 11-23-2013, 10:51 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
I used to subscribe to getloaded. I cancelled them when they jumped the subscription to $45 from about $30 or 35. It has been several years since I subscribed. I never had problem with them on the money. I rarely used them and didn't think the changes they made to justify the increase was worth it. I like it just the way it was before the changes. If I were you I would contact my bank and tell them that you never authorized the charges and see what happens. You will need to explain the situation to them, but that may be the easiest way to handle it since you can't seem to be able to deal with getloaded yourself.
Yep, I appreciate the thought GMAN, I tried that...banks are a-holes too...they said since I signed up with Getloaded, it is a "billing issue", not fraud. I figure I can spread WAY more than $45 worth of bad publicity for Getloaded. Screw them. There are some good, legitimate companies out there who make an honest living and then some real bad ones out there taking advantage of people...Getloaded is one who is out to screw small businesses. People who work for them should be ashamed of themselves.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:06 PM
Rookie

When you pay to get in to Disneyland and don't ride any of the rides do they give your money back?

DUHHHHHH?

I was an independent O/Op for 5 years and Get Loaded was one of my main load sources. Just because YOU didn't find anything that suited you don't bash a great load board.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:25 PM
Rookie

My turn.

I just went to GetLoaded.com a week ago to take advantage of the "FREE trial offer"...but stopped in my tracks when they asked for my credit card. If it's FREE...then how come you need that, eh? :micro:

I deleted the portion of filled in form, and the next day I got an email asking me to go ahead and fill it back in so they can get started with my FREE trial. I said "no, that I wasn't comfy with putting my credit card info in the fields if is was free," but they said "it's just our policy, we won't charge you..." Yeah, I promise I won't lick the spoon after she frosts the cake too.

I was just trying to see if I could monitor the site for partial LTL pieces that I could put on my specialized rollback/flatbed truck around the northeast, but looks like I have to do more searching and get creative.

On another note pertaining to rates: I am currently a company driver after 25 years of owning them and watching the industry flow downhill every year, and expenses go through the roof. I was paying .95/gallon for N.J. fuel in 1991. I paid $202.00 each for steer tires, about $260.00 each for drive tires. I could go on, but most seasoned vets know what I'm saying, and these days are gone. I have a couple trucks I dabble with as a hobby, just to kind of see if I could ever make a decent connection again, but I'm losing optimism to be honest. I am trying to keep gainfully employed as well as dabble, seems like the right combo (for me anyway) for the time being.

I see the big picture. The industry is so saturated with more trucks and drivers of them, and not being businessmen (hence the term, owner-operator,) and understanding that supply has exceeded demand, that the shippers, brokers and others involved have the upper hand unfortunately. How to fix it? Look at last week's stand down in Nevada with the Bundy Ranch. I am not saying that's over with either (there's more to that than meets the eye,) but it's a testimony to the fact that when people stick together, others have to take notice. Power in numbers in other words.

I was involved in the 1979 shutdown as a kid. My brother bought a brand new KW and a brand new reefer trailer, then blocked the fuel pumps at a Ct. fuel stop for 3 weeks until they got a fraction of what they were asking for.Had a note at 21% APR at that time, so that was tough. But at least it changed some things...good and bad. Deregulation made it simple to buy a truck and haul freight...but 35 years later we are typing our gripes out on an inter-web site about how bad the rates have become...lol. Made it so easy to do...the industry is now saturated with way more equipment than is truly needed, therefore the rate "structurers" have the upper hand now.

Most guys can't sit around and wait, so they haul the goods for almost nothing to turn enough cash to go to the next one. Nice deal for the ones needing it gone off their docks.

I'm involved in more specialized work these days, in hydrocarbon (LP gas, etc.) I'm even seeing a reduction in the rates in this highly specialized field now. The trailers are specialized, stainless steel cryogenic vessels that cost on average of $330,000.00 each. Then you factor in the astronomical insurance premiums, the safety that's required, and the amount of waiting we do nowadays for loading/unloading. This company I am with is trying to break into the market and bidding on this work as if it's flatbed freight...causing a mess in this industry as well. A recipe for disaster eventually.

Again...deregulation equals the glut of carriers in all facets of the industry from simple dry goods, to dangerous cargo.

How to fix it? That I don't have the answer, just the suggestion that I'm sure there'll be plenty of opposition to...but it's all about "squeezing something until it bursts" to be put into layman's terms. Start by squeezing out all cheap freight. Say NO. Just have to get the other 10 guys parked in line next to ya to say it too.

I'm not the grim reaper here...just a realist in the real world.