User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2009, 01:09 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Joining OOIDA seems to be a good decision. Although, from what I see on their website they are geared towards owner-operators. My dad is moving from being an OO, to a small business owner. We've become an INC even though we're still small.

Is there any difference when signing up as an INC instead of an individual?
Old 10-06-2009, 04:27 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWhoppy View Post
Joining OOIDA seems to be a good decision. Although, from what I see on their website they are geared towards owner-operators. My dad is moving from being an OO, to a small business owner. We've become an INC even though we're still small.

You're BETTER OFF forming a Sub-S Corp. At least you get a "little" shielding from personal liability. Though nowadays, at least CREDIT-WISE - personal guarantees are required unless you have a really good D&B rating, which is acquired though years of successful, financially responsible operation.

Even as a "leased on" owner of equipment, your dad has ALWAYS been a "small business owner". Obtaining his own authority simply makes him a CARRIER, rather than a lease-on operator.

OOIDA membership is a good thing, and the "process agent" benefit pays for the membership fee on it's own (at least the first year).

Keep reading, keep learning, keep on trucking...

Rick
Old 10-06-2009, 01:48 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWhoppy View Post

If you're talking about OOIDA, it doesn't matter what you are.
Old 03-25-2021, 08:08 PM
Rookie

You should consult with any good process agents. everyone giving his own opinion and advice according to their experience. Contact wit a good agent to solve out all your problems so you can boost up your business. I always consult with the A+ agents of process, they are now like my family process agents but no doubt they help me a lot with their reliable and affordable services.