Tagged: Thread(s)

I like smoothies a lot, and I also eat baked veggies often which are awesome
Old 12-25-2021, 04:13 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: Post(s)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

The healthiest recipe one can talk about is just veggies and fruits. But the problem about veggies is that they can easily give you sickness if not properly prepared. Many people shouting smoothies here and I agree. But not smoothies with milk cuz I’m I don’t take lactose. I don’t even recommend much protein. Cuz based on my study, too much protein can lead to a kidney problem. In fact, that’s why I don’t support people eating this buche meat of a thing. It’s delicious but protein intake should be maintained by everyone tbh.

Last edited by ammygamk; 12-28-2021 at 10:01 PM.
Old 11-04-2022, 01:15 AM
Rookie

Sorry for umping this thread, but I've recently found a good smoothie recipe and just need to share it here:a kale pineapple smoothie:

2 cups of chopped kale
2 cups of chopped kale
3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 frozen medium banana
1/4 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
1/4 cup frozen pineapple pieces
2 tablespoons peanut butter
1 to 3 teaspoons of honey

It is good for gut health and perfect if you are on Keto.
Old 11-11-2022, 09:33 AM
Rookie

I like food in general. Smoothies are not an exception. Thanks for sharing those recipes. I usually pip some healthy recipes on Taste of Home page. Now it's a pumpkin season, so I'll share a pumpkin gluten-free recipe:
Crust
:
Preheat oven the to 425° F.
Crush the gluten-free cinnamon Chex cereal in a food processor until you have 2 cups.
Add the gluten-free Bisquick and chopped butter (dairy-free use Smart Balance butter) in the food processor. Process until the consistency of thick sand.
Pour the Chex mixture into a bowl. Add the ice water and mix with your hands until a compact dough has formed. Refrigerate while making the pie filling.
Pumpkin Filling:
In a large bowl beat eggs and sugar together.
Add cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla and mix until fully combined.
Add pumpkin and mix until fully combined.
Stir in evaporated milk and mix until fully combined. For the dairy-free option, use 1 cup of canned coconut milk (full fat).
Spray a 9-inch pie dish with gluten-free cooking spray.
Press the dough into the pie dish.
Using the middle rack bake for 5 minutes at 425° F.
Remove from oven and pour pumpkin pie filling into the pie crust. Depending on how deep your pie pan is, you may have a little of the filling leftover. I always pour it into a custard cup and bake it.
Using the middle rack bake for 15 minutes at 425° F and then lower the heat to 350° F and bake for an additional 40 to 50 minutes. Please watch your pie and if the crust is getting too brown for your liking cover crust edges with foil.
Allow the pie to cool before serving. I like to allow the pie to cool for at least 1 hour before I refrigerate the pie. It’s best served cold.
Serve warm or cold with whipped cream.

Enjoy!

Last edited by Ashton; 11-17-2022 at 10:31 AM.
Old 12-11-2022, 07:22 AM
Rookie

rice + chicken + vegetables
Old 05-31-2023, 11:51 AM
Rookie

Sweet potato fries- crispy, savory treats have managed to captivate our taste buds with their delectable flavor and satisfying texture. However, while many acknowledge that they may not be the epitome of health, the dilemma lies in their undeniable deliciousness. However, recent advancements in culinary techniques and ingredient substitutions have paved the way for a healthier twist on sweet potato fries without compromising their irresistible taste. Food enthusiasts and health-conscious individuals alike have started exploring alternative cooking methods and seasonings that enhance the nutritional value of these delectable treats.

One popular technique is baking sweet potato fries instead of deep-frying them. Baking eliminates the need for excessive oil, reducing the overall fat content and calorie count. By simply slicing the sweet potatoes into thin strips, tossing them with a small amount of olive oil, and baking them in a preheated oven until they turn crispy, you can enjoy guilt-free sweet potato fries.

Last edited by dawducan; 06-01-2023 at 07:43 AM.
Old 08-30-2023, 09:55 AM
BANNED
Rookie

I noticed that achieving healthier cooking results is a priority for many, and I've found that my Pit Boss grill, as per Pit Boss reviews , is an essential tool for this. One of my favorite recipes is grilled lemon herb chicken. Marinating chicken breasts in a zesty blend of lemon juice, garlic, and fresh herbs, and then grilling them to perfection on the Pit Boss, creates a dish that's both delicious and nutritious. The smoky flavor adds a unique twist.

Last edited by kira5; 09-03-2023 at 12:25 PM.