Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Family Support Forum (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/family-support-forum-14/)
-   -   Found my daughter... now what? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/family-support-forum/42354-found-my-daughter-now-what.html)

golfhobo 11-13-2012 03:54 AM

)

So... if GOD wanted your truck to break down, would he cause it to happen in the town your estranged child was in?

a few weeks ago, I blew a turbo as I was approaching Albuquerque (ABQ) and ended up spending a night (and day) there. I WISH I could say that I found her that weekend, but I didn't. But, don't you think that was strange?

I've had several "experiences" lately that SOME would say were signs from God. I don't know.

She continues to change her profile picture, and ALL of them are more "professional" or at least flattering than the ones I mentioned when I first found her.

The night/day that I was there, I forgot to bring the TWO phone numbers that I found for her. I suppose I could have duplicated the "search" effort and got them again... but, I was not sure what to do.

In short... I FAILED her (and myself) once again. I was kinda hoping they wouldn't be able to fix the truck before Monday, but they got me out the next morning.

But, I made a few friends that night that helped me to Zero in on what I must do.

I know... that's not enough. NO one else here would be as scared and confused as I am.

I swear to God (or CAD) that.... IF I had a valid address or phone number... I would have hailed a CAB and presented myself face to face with her. I want it more than anything else in LIFE right now.

But, I STILL don't know exactly where she IS!

But, I am getting closer. I believe it WILL happen!

I realize this thread has died out. Most of you have given up on me and my cause. That's okay. You ALL gave your best, and I appreciate it. I hope someday SOON I will be able to give an update that will make you all proud and happy.

I am still not sure that she got my private message. OR my second one. I MAY have to take a chance and send a friend request. Can anyone tell me if she could get a PM if I was not already "friended" by her?

Roadhog 11-13-2012 10:26 AM

I haven't forgotten, and include you in my thoughts and prayers.
I think about quite a few friends I've made here, who you don't see visit much anymore.
Not a whole lot though, as most of my time is spent pining for Shania. :roll3:

I'm still no help with Twitter or Facebook as I've never cared to visit those sites.
I'd probably get banned from there, within a week anyway.

If you do believe in God, then you must believe in Satan as well.
Satan is the one more likely IMO to have your truck break down a mile from your daughter.
Elections have consequences, so yes... maybe it was God. :)

freebirdrfd 11-13-2012 01:00 PM

The thread died out because we are all waiting to hear an update from you.

golfhobo 11-13-2012 03:59 PM

Yes, I realize that, Freebird. I didn't mean to imply that y'all stopped caring. I still don't have much to update, but.... I DID go ahead and take that chance last night. I sent the friend request. Unzipped my fly (so to speak.) I guess I should know something soon.

Orangetxguy 11-13-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfhobo (Post 519019)
Yes, I realize that, Freebird. I didn't mean to imply that y'all stopped caring. I still don't have much to update, but.... I DID go ahead and take that chance last night. I sent the friend request. Unzipped my fly (so to speak.) I guess I should know something soon.

Well....
since we can't twist your arm.........all we could do is sit back and what for you to walk.

golfhobo 11-13-2012 07:19 PM

Okay... I think I have bad news. I really don't understand facebook but, the friend request (and attatched message) shows up in my message list with a little (return) arrow on the left side. I assume that means she "ignored" it.

golfhobo 11-13-2012 07:25 PM

On the other hand.... I sent he a message a week or so ago and it does NOT show in my message inbox. But, since I hadn't friended her yet... I'm not sure she got it.

Besides.... she MAY have ignored my request for the very reason I mentioned (and included in my message to her) that I had been avoiding sending such a request because I didn't want her family to know I'd found her. If she read that.... she might have agreed and ignored my request for that reason.

chris1 11-13-2012 08:10 PM

Pick up the phone and make the call.

golfhobo 11-13-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris1 (Post 519027)
Pick up the phone and make the call.

Well, I may have to take that chance... but not yet. I STILL don't want to talk to her mother by accident. Besides.... I may have been wrong about what I posted today. When I go to my own facebook page, there are TWO people listed on my "close friends" list. She is one of them. Is that just because I sent the request? Or because she confirmed it as a "hidden" request. Her timeline doesn't show that she is now friends with me, but that would be expected if she accepted but "HID" the request.

I found some "HELP" articles on facebook today, concerning messages and friendship requests. According to them, I think my request went thru. When I go to HER page, it says friend request sent. It doesn't say "pending." On the other hand, my friend message doesn't have a check mark indicating it has been read. Not surprising since I just sent it late last night. I also learned that I could send her a PM without first being a friend, so she should have gotten my first two messages.

I think I'll give it a little more time now that I took the "request" plunge. I'm pretty sure she doesn't check her page every day.

chris1 11-13-2012 08:59 PM

Change your name to"waffle"house. At the rate you're going someone will have to send her a funeral notice for you.