User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2017, 12:41 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Total Newbie

Hi, my husband of almost 24 years just upgraded to first chair with PAM Transport. He should be getting his own truck on Monday. He has to do a mandatory 6 months or 60,000 miles with a team driver.
Our plan is for me to join him as soon as he is finished with his team driver portion. Our kids are grown and I'm currently at home with our 2 mini wiener doggies. I do work full time but plan to resign as soon as I am able to go out on the truck with him and possibly at some point get my license and we can be team drivers, if that last part happens it will be a while, I'm not sure how I feel about learning to drive a semi.
My question is, can anyone give me any feedback/advice on going otr with your hubby and or wife/hubby team driving? I would greatly appreciate any and all advice. I'm trying to be strong for myself and my hubby. I just miss him and worry constantly about his safety while on the road.TIA
Old 08-26-2017, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpotter1975 View Post
Hi, my husband of almost 24 years just upgraded to first chair with PAM Transport. He should be getting his own truck on Monday. He has to do a mandatory 6 months or 60,000 miles with a team driver.
Our plan is for me to join him as soon as he is finished with his team driver portion. Our kids are grown and I'm currently at home with our 2 mini wiener doggies. I do work full time but plan to resign as soon as I am able to go out on the truck with him and possibly at some point get my license and we can be team drivers, if that last part happens it will be a while, I'm not sure how I feel about learning to drive a semi.
My question is, can anyone give me any feedback/advice on going otr with your hubby and or wife/hubby team driving? I would greatly appreciate any and all advice. I'm trying to be strong for myself and my hubby. I just miss him and worry constantly about his safety while on the road.TIA
the "benefits" of husband/wife team, is that ALL the money goes to one household. another is that if you get along with your mate, things can be done efficiently.

if the husband/wife constantly bicker about anything, even stupid crap, it may not work out.

does it bring closeness to the relationship..??

sure does, the 2 of you will be in a box (basically) no bigger than a coffin. start arguing about something, and there just ain't no place to go, or a bedroom door to slam...lol.

all in all, hubby/wife teams do well money wise.

good luck.