User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2013, 08:06 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Lonely and worried

I'm 25 years old and I've been on my own since I was 16. A year ago, a man convinced me to be his partner for life and things were going great. I never thought I needed anyone for anything until I met him. Without him, I could have a great life. Since I've met him, I can't imagine my life without him. Until he went to truck driving school. I got used to having him around all the time and quite frankly, I was a little irritated with it. I was working two full time jobs while he wasn't working. I finally got the courage to quit one of my jobs of almost 10 years when he started school. I kept telling myself, "it's just another week or two and he will be home." One day reality set in and I realized this is my life if I stay with him. I love him with all my heart but I'm tired of crying myself to sleep every night. He hasn't even started the job and I want him to quit. The real kicker is that my stepdad who raised me was a trucker and we rarely saw him. He was a smoker and had 3 heart attacks in the truck and is now disabled. My boyfriend started smoking a few weeks before he started school. He wants to have a baby and I want that more than anything. I just don't want my baby to grow up without a father. Whether he is living or not.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:49 PM
Rookie

Being a truckers wife is not easy. Although both of you should have discussed this change before he left for school. I think that the next time he comes home maybe you both should talk about it, and you can tell hiom your feelings, etc. Although, he has to be a man, and you have to be supportive of him. As unlatering as that is, both of you need to support each other. Although if he really wants to be a trucker, maybe you should ride with him. Maybe even get a CDL and drive team with him. Another possible is he spend some time getting his experience, then go to a local job here he could be home every night. What ever happens, I wish you all good luck.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:49 PM
Senior Board Member

"He wants to have a baby and I want that more than anything. " From every thing you wrote that line really jumped out at me !
Haveing a child is a LIFE altering event, with him in school and a long term driveing job MAY happen a child will only complaicate things. Being away from home can be just as hard on the one(s) left beahind as the one thats gone, haveing to deal with household bills/chores a job and a newborn would be a huge challange. Sure people do it, and people fail at it too. Use your head and your time to think, no one else can decide for you.

I just noticed something else you said "a man convinced me to be his partner for life " for life really? So your married? If he's not willing to stand in front of god and family and commit ....

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington