User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2011, 01:05 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Long Time Update Slimland

Well my friends it has been a long time since I have really been on here. I guess 2 years now and only a few drive by comments on some post since. Anyway some of you I have kept in touch with outside of here, but even then that has been just a few emails.. I am sorry for that, but CAD was here before me and will be afterwards also.. The reason I am posting now is because My last real post was almost 2 years ago when my wife left due to her having grandma strokes and her memory and her self, well was not herself.. I really don't know how else to put it. After 2 months she returned home, and her time gone was just a blur to her, on top of that she still was not herself.. And like a friend of mine told me on here "WindWalker" she may never be the same again.. Well at times she was, but more and most of the time she wasn't.. She would be Loving, then in an instant become vile and filled with hate. I Did not hold it against her, but let it go through one ear and out the other, but I will say that was the hardest thing to do, cause she knew how to hurt me deeply.. I would remind myself that this is not Angie, she cant help it and that in itself says she needs me, so I stayed No Matter what she said or did. Her Children, Sister, Mother, and Brother all told me if I left they understood, but my response was "I know who she was, and even though at time's she hated me. and not know me.. I know and knew her, and as her husband and truly the counter part of my life and soul, I stayed no matter"
Well I am sorry this is going to be long and most of y'all are new and do not know me from back then, but for those who care and have been there for me like RoadHog, Twilight Flyer, and quite a few others, here is the latest.
Friday the 22nd of April that evening around 9PM Angie and I had a argument, nothing real big but it was significant, she didn't argue to much and I am guessing that it is because she told me she wasn't feeling good and had been telling me for the past few days of a headache she was having."NOTE: She was always not feeling well due to her cancer, heart problems, Pancreatitis, etc to name a few" Anyway Before I went to sleep on the couch which was were I always slept because she stays up all night, and I have to work. I checked on her and she had her cell phone in her left hand, a pen and note book in her right hand, the note book was on her knee. Her laptop on her Face Book Page. She was Texting and Talking at 10:30 PM. I woke up the next morning the 23rd at 9am took the dogs out, and went back to sleep not feeling well myself. I woke up at 12:15 and went to go get some clothes and my boots, and asked Angie if she wanted some Coffee, she didn't answer me, So already angry I asked her with more inflection in my voice. No Answer, that is when I noticed she was gasping for air and the only way I can describe it is like a fish out of water. She had what looked like chewed up Cookies on her shirt I thought she was choking.. I called 911 and when they got there to take my place while I was doing CPR.. she had stopped breathing all together and no heart beat. It took them 20 min maybe more, to get a pulse. They took her out of the house and she flat lined again, got her going, and when she was on the helicopter she flat-lined again. They got her going at the hospital and put her on full life support.. My Wife Angie passed away Wednesday the 27th of April. I buried her yesterday. She was 36 years old would have been 37 in August.

Angie White
Posted: May 1, 2011 - 1:00am

White
Visitation for Angie White, 36, of Woodrow will be held at Rix Funeral Directors on Sunday, May 1, from 4 to 6 p.m. Funeral services will be conducted on Monday at 10 a.m. with Chaplain Doyle Patterson with Covenant Medical Systems officiating. Burial will be in the Peaceful Gardens Memorial Park under the direction of Rix Funeral Directors.

Mrs. White died Wednesday at Covenant Medical Center following an illness. Born Aug. 10, 1974, she was a lifelong resident of Lubbock.

Angie married Wallace White on Sept. 21, 1997, in Lubbock. She was a member of the Baptist Church.

She is survived by her husband, Wallace; two sons, Tanis White and Nick Fowler, both of Lubbock; two daughters, Ashley Goolsby and Rachel White, both of Lubbock; her mother, Colleen Meer of Lubbock; brother, James Meer of Lubbock; and sister, Andrea King of Lubbock.

This is a poem I wrote 5 min before we left for the service, and thought I would share it thank you my friends for being there when I needed it..

For better or for worse, that was the decree. I said I do the day you married me.
The first year was rough a true Roller coaster ride. Then after that we soared we glide.
You stood by me, with wisdom and advice. Loving me and my children and taking us as apart of your life.
Loving you were, honorable, loyal, and compleet. But good God you were stubburn from your head to your feet.
A proud woman you were, 14 years and only 3 apologiese. But you would say your sorry in your own special way by supplying needs.
Your passion for the horse, the ride and the pleasure. These memories all of us will treasure.
Joy in your face the light in your eye's, the mischivious grin when you tried to tell lies.
Hard working, and ready for the task. You did everything without anyone having to ask.
You were the woman for me. Tought me patients continuously.
Though we focus on the years before you fell ill. I cant put them aside cause this is how I feel.
To show what you were and what you had done. Even in those time's we still had our fun.
Everything fell apart, that shows you were the strongest strand. The work around the place, you were the strongest hand.
I couldn't fill your shoes even though I tried. I could not compeet or walk with your stride.
I must admite even though it was rough. Taking care of you was a honor born out of Love.
Thank you Angie, the love of my life. For putting up with me, for being the best wife.
You will be missed, no one can take your place. I will remember your beauty and the shine of your face.
So today as you are laid to rest, and with God is your soul. The show must go on, but it is hard to let go.
Untill we meet again when I am called upon high. I will never forget you Angie, the love of my life..
By Wallace White
5/2/2011 9:18 AM
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 05-03-2011, 02:40 PM
Senior Board Member

I couldn't even begin to imagine what it's like to walk in your shoes. I'm sorry for your loss.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:40 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimland View Post
Well at times she was, but more and most of the time she wasn't.. She would be Loving, then in an instant become vile and filled with hate. I Did not hold it against her, but let it go through one ear and out the other, but I will say that was the hardest thing to do, cause she knew how to hurt me deeply.. I would remind myself that this is not Angie, she cant help it and that in itself says she needs me, so I stayed No Matter what she said or did. Her Children, Sister, Mother, and Brother all told me if I left they understood, but my response was "I know who she was, and even though at time's she hated me. and not know me.. I know and knew her, and as her husband and truly the counter part of my life and soul, I stayed no matter"
I wish I could find the words to express just how sorry I feel at your loss.

Old 05-07-2011, 06:57 AM
Senior Board Member

Slimland I'm giving you a big ((hugs)) my deepest regards to you and your family. You did all you said you would do when you married Angie ... I honor you for honoring the words you spoke before God and all. Bless you dear one.

Watch your 'Thoughts,' they become words. Watch your 'Words,' they become
actions. Watch your 'Actions,' they become habits. Watch your 'Habits,' they
become character. Watch your 'Character,' for it becomes your Destiny.'
Old 05-07-2011, 11:30 AM
Board Icon

I've been deeply saddened by your loss, and words just don't convey the feelings.
I know your health hasn't been good, besides all you've had to do, to keep things together for your family.
I'm praying for you my friend, and may Angie rest in peace.

Old 05-07-2011, 03:38 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4roses View Post
Slimland I'm giving you a big ((hugs)) my deepest regards to you and your family. You did all you said you would do when you married Angie ... I honor you for honoring the words you spoke before God and all. Bless you dear one.
Thank you Roses.. I tell you it is hard.. If yall all remember in 04 to 05 I got custody of my children, becuase of the mother doing terrible things and making poor discissions.. I am pleased to let all of yall know, that Rebbecca "the mother" changed her life and has withstood all the testing I could possibly put her through.. So when Angie fell Ill, I told my kids that they were going to go stay with there mother, not just because of Angie's mental state, but what I told them is to get to reknow the woman I knew before Tamsin, Tanis's twin passed away. So for a little over 2 years my exwife took care of them, and I must say did an excellent job.. Tanis moved back with me in December, but Rachel stayed with her mother. But After the funeral, my daughter who turns 15 this month came to me and said "Daddy, I am going to come stay with you for a week or 2 cause you need me" I said "I do!?" she said "yep, you will see" I must say she was and is right, with her in the house it lessens the pain, even for the boys.. She has one more week with me, then she goes back to her mother cause that is were she wants to stay.. We live in the same city so that is no problem of seeing her.. Ashley my Oldest turns 20 in November, she helped me take care of her momma during this time, I would stay there at night and she would come in the mornings.. But the poor girl witnessed what I did that morning of the 23rd, none the less she showed that she was an adult. But until day before yesterday we couldn't talk to each other, without crying. Not even when it didn't pertain to her mother.. So I had written her a poem to tell her how I felt.. I will share it on here and I pray that yall don't get tired of me.. For this is the way I cope..

Ashley my daughter, step you may be. Let me take this moment, and tell you what you mean to me.
14 years ago we all embarked on a journey, a moment yet to arrive! At the beginning of this journey you were only five.
Full of life and spirit, with all joy in your heart. An Angel amongst us, that is what sets you apart.
Of all 4 kids, you were the leader of the pack. Making up games, imagination never lacked.
I remember a birthday our money was in strife. But you Aunt, and Uncle bought you that barbie that was as big as life.
You huged her even though she was your size. But you dragged her around to everyone's suprise.
For 14 years your happiness you spread. Even when your mom or I felt bad, a smile we would shed.
I never recieved a complaint or anger towards me. When off to the room, too your mother you would see.
Even when she was at her worst a smile she would sneak. Quiet though she was, to you she would speak.
You have your mommy's eye's, beauty, temper, and smile. Your daddy's goofy crazyness, perfect mixture in you child.
A child no more, all grown and filled with life. When the time comes, you will make a perfect wife.
You steped up to the task, and helped me in the end. Taking care of your mother on you I could depend.
As time moves on and things get more insane as you will see. I will always be here, for you to talk to me.
14 years in your life, and now almost 20 you have grown. I have always and will always think of you as my own.
So to let you know, even though I am Dad number two. Ashley Goolsby my daughter I will always Love you..
Your Step Dad
Wallace White Written 5/4/2011 6:20PM Wednesday

Thanks again for the support!
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 05-07-2011, 03:39 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
I've been deeply saddened by your loss, and words just don't convey the feelings.
I know your health hasn't been good, besides all you've had to do, to keep things together for your family.
I'm praying for you my friend, and may Angie rest in peace.

Thank you RoadHog, and how is your health now?
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 05-07-2011, 04:02 PM
Board Icon

I'm sorry for your loss, Slim.
Be strong in the Lord, and the power of his might.

http://watsonsysco.com/

Last edited by Jackrabbit379; 05-07-2011 at 04:06 PM.
Old 05-07-2011, 05:53 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimland View Post
Thank you RoadHog, and how is your health now?
Not good.... I'm coming apart at the seams.

Cycle of life and all... we all have to face.
I'm doing my best, and I know God will do the rest.

....I keep waking from a dream, and I'm still in this world. :block:

I love this scene with Chief Dan George.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLso0ZBqOi4

Old 05-08-2011, 03:49 AM
Senior Board Member

Slimland that was a beautiful poem ... I know she will honor it for the rest of her life. Your a good Man, an honorable Man ... may God hold you up till your able to get back on your feet and see the sun shining once more. Try not to be a stranger around here. Missed you (hugs)

Watch your 'Thoughts,' they become words. Watch your 'Words,' they become
actions. Watch your 'Actions,' they become habits. Watch your 'Habits,' they
become character. Watch your 'Character,' for it becomes your Destiny.'