User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2009, 06:54 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Son is off to Afghanistan

My son Jesse has been a Navy Corpsman for 2.5 yrs. He is attached to the 3rd Marine div, combat assault battalion. He has been stationed in Okinawa, Japan for the last year. I have spent the last week and a half off work doing all the things we have wanted to do together on his leave. This is the saddest day of my life, in just a few short hrs I will put him on a plane back to Japan. A few days after he gets there he will board another plane, then he is off to Afghanistan. We have had a lot of fun together, we jumped on the bikes for a almost 1k mile ride thru the back roads of Indiana and Kentucky stopping when and where we wanted. Jesse just went to bed and I really cant sleep, so I went into his room, looked, and just couldn't help but think of how I used to do this when he was young. I feel so helpless, I have no control, I cant protect him, keep him safe!!!
We had long talks on our time together, he told me so many things I never knew, but he always wanted to tell me. I see the worry in his eyes, but until now he would never tell me he just said I don't want you to worry DAD!!!! I don't know how the next 9 months of my life will be like with out my little boy?? I have been pretty tough in my adult life, nothing really phased me, but this is just tearing me up! I don't know why I even posted to the forum about this, I keep most things to myself! If you guys might remember him in your prayers I would be grateful!!!
Old 07-13-2009, 02:53 PM
Silly Goose
Senior Board Member

i will keep him in my prayers

"Remember, if you don't do it this year, you'll be one year older when you do." - Warren Miller
Old 07-13-2009, 03:50 PM
Senior Board Member

I will as well.... he has my utmost respect for serving our country.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:05 PM
Senior Board Member

Well thanks to you all, I finally got some sleep and am heading off to work, back to the truck I go again....lol