Old 09-12-2006, 05:59 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy
Quote:
Originally Posted by swan
I am listening to the words in this forum. I hear cries for help, the same cries I had as a child. The only thing I hear as encouragement is "It will get better, hang in there". My question is, what will get better and when? Im the daughter of a deceased trucker. He was gone all the time and we were home trying to make the best of thing. It never got better. Yes we pretened as a family that everything was fine. But it really was'nt. Yes when he came home for the couple days or few hours it was great, but just to have your heart broke again as soon as he left. There is only one way to make things better and that is to bring him home, and believe it or not you have the power to bring him home. I wrote a short an article about what it was like being a child of a long haul driver. I would love for you to read it.

ROFLMAO, I dont mean to be disrespectful, but I clicked your link and I have seen it all before (join amway, join this, join that make a million bucks quick). There are only 2 ways these things (schemes) work. One, they make a killing off of the membership fee, which goes to the founder and very very very small % goes to everybody else, and 2, a pyramid where you buy products and everyone that signed on before you makes money off of that $5.00 laundry detergent you bought, what a hoax. And what makes me laugh more than anything is the picture of you on the website, Im sorry, but you all arent the picture of WEALTH I had in mind. I think I would at least rent a suit if i was going to post a picture on a get rich quick scheme site.

www.FreedomProsperity.com
NOW YOU TELL ME THIS IS NOT TAKING ADVANTAGE!!! People like this should be banded from here for taking advantage of emotional depressed just to promote some GET RICH QUIK scheme!!! BOOO!!!
Old 10-11-2006, 04:55 PM
Rookie
Default I AM READY TO HAVE A BREAK-DOWN

I need advice my husband is still in training and has 2 more weeks to go. My emotions have gone from missing him to dislike. We have a severe lack of trust in our marriage so he accuses me and I accuse him of cheating even though I know he is stuck on a truck and I am home with 3 kids and 1 is medically disabled but I keep hearing rumors from other woman that truckers pick up prostitutes at truck stops. This has been a daily nightmare and I really donot know how to cope and to help him cope with being on the road. The stress is driving me nuts, so I would like to know how has the other truck driver wives delt with this issues?. I also have kept busy with the kids school pto and their extra activities outside of school but I still have to go home and the pain comes back. PLEASE HELP ME!
Old 10-11-2006, 05:15 PM
Rookie
Default Trust

I'm recently out of school to drive truck I'm a woman. I see these guys at class and they miss home and they miss there wives. Don't think for a minute all guys are the same. They arn't. He is going through alot with learning and being away from his home and family. You need to be strong for yourself and kids and for him. Don't listen to the other lady"s about what they may have heard just love and trust him. He is there for a reason and it isn't for fun or woman it is for you and the kids. Trust me I saw alot while at the school. TRUST AND BELIEVE IN HIM. Not all men are the way other woman run off about. TAKE THIS FROM A LADY. Good luck and hang in there. It will get better.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:50 PM
Rookie
Default THANK YOU

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE KIND RESPONSE, I WILL DEFINITELY TAKE THAT MORE IN CONSIDERATION. HE TOOK THE ACCELARATED COURSE AT ROADMASTER AND FROM THERE HAD A BRAKE FOR A WEEK AND THEN STARTED TRAINING FOR WERNER. I HEAR HIS FRUSTRATION BUT I GUESS DIDNOT GRASP WHAT HE IS SAYING. WHAT HE LEARNED IN SCHOOL AND NOTHING LIKE THE HANDS ON TRAINING HE IS LEARNING. IT IS AN ADJUSTMENT AND I AM GLAD OUR KIDS ARE HANDLING BETTER THAN I AM. I FELT BETTER AFTER YOUR ADVICE. IT WILL TAKE TIME BUT I KNOW I CAN GET PAST THIS TRUST ISSUE AND STUFF.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:41 AM
Board Regular

It ain't as easy to adjust sometimes but you can do it . I been there and at times still feel like I am I have lost my only support system I had here at home and I have hit the low points again and with him being on the road all the time Its really hard but I have to remind myself that he is doing this for us and that he loves me and eventually all these worries and frustrations will subside I hope god do I hope . Hang in there first 6 months are the hardest and when he is cranky just listen he misses home as much as you are missing him life on the road ain't no picnic and no decent man really wants a lot lizzard they nasty . Hang strong it will get better .
Old 10-22-2006, 02:12 PM

It really does get better. After a while he will have the time under his belt and he will be able to get a job where he is home more often. I can tell you this from my own experiences. I currently work a job that myself and my wife love. I get home as much as she will let me come home, lol, and I make a get check. The way it works for me is that I pull out on Sunday afternoon and I park it on Thursday night while I get home 2 nights out of that time. If my wife would not kill me I could be home every night, but she says that she needs a break from me for a couple days every week. But when I get home on Thursday night we don't do anything, on Friday I use that to run errands or do my honey do list. Friday night on the other the motor oil and spurs come out :twisted: . Just kidding, but it does really get better.
Old 10-25-2006, 04:06 AM
Rookie
Default Re: I AM READY TO HAVE A BREAK-DOWN

Quote:
Originally Posted by my3kidsandI
I need advice my husband is still in training and has 2 more weeks to go. My emotions have gone from missing him to dislike. We have a severe lack of trust in our marriage so he accuses me and I accuse him of cheating even though I know he is stuck on a truck and I am home with 3 kids and 1 is medically disabled but I keep hearing rumors from other woman that truckers pick up prostitutes at truck stops. This has been a daily nightmare and I really donot know how to cope and to help him cope with being on the road. The stress is driving me nuts, so I would like to know how has the other truck driver wives delt with this issues?. I also have kept busy with the kids school pto and their extra activities outside of school but I still have to go home and the pain comes back. PLEASE HELP ME!
Hey, don't sweat it. My husband is on his 6th month now and we had some trust issues to begin with b4 he even left and i used to FREAK OUT!!! But things have gotten alot better and they will for you too. I went with my husband over the road all across the country for 30 days and i didn't see any prostitutes or lot lizards to speak of. That doesn't mean they're not out there but believe me, your husband is doing this for you. Plus, they are pretty busy. It's really hard on them too, life on a truck really isn't all that nice. They have to go days w/o a shower and when they do get a shower it's in a truck stop that are not very clean, they have to hold their pee till they almost pee their pants, they long for home, they don't eat very well, sleep very well and they have alot of responsibility out there. And their 1st 6months are very challenging because they are still learning and learning alot. My advice to you is to keep busy and support him as much as you can. The more you accuse him and doubt him while he's out there the more chances there are that he might stray and not look forward to coming home. And stop listening to those other negative women. They are not married to your husband...You are.
Old 10-25-2006, 06:34 AM
Rookie
Default Re: I AM READY TO HAVE A BREAK-DOWN

Quote:
Originally Posted by my3kidsandI
How do these other women know that truckers pick up prostitutes at truck stops, unless they were there trying to offer their services themselves? Most of these women are watching too many movies where there are beautiful women in truck stops offering themselves to drivers. Tell them to wake, up those women are in the movies not in real life.
Old 11-12-2006, 01:42 PM
Rookie
Default what to do

If u back out on your husband now he will fail because of it,u can always go as a spouse ride along
Old 11-13-2006, 03:22 PM
Default re

um I have been driving for over 6 months otr.. .I know not long, however I have yet to see a pretty " lot lizard".. and these days you hardly see any ugly ones. one of the ones I seen was a fat GUY dressed in drag totally disgusting... I think your safe from having your hubby try to get with a lot lizard.