User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2008, 10:57 PM
Silly Goose
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

She didn't tell you because the mother inside would be pissed. Then you would never let her go to another one again. I can't wait to have teenagers.

"Remember, if you don't do it this year, you'll be one year older when you do." - Warren Miller
Old 09-06-2008, 11:14 PM
K-Mart Secret Shopper
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommee
She didn't tell you because the mother inside would be pissed. Then you would never let her go to another one again. I can't wait to have teenagers.
*sigh* Teenagers...I don't think I'm up to it!

AND...my 18-month old, who would NOT nap at all today...just went down...at 6 pm!!! He'll never sleep from now through the night!! And I just made dinner...so I know he'll get hungry - probably somewhere between 9 and midnight - and want to eat then.

"Calgon...take me away!!!!

Humphry Davy
Old 09-06-2008, 11:17 PM
Senior Board Member

So I am not a Mom or a Dad but I do have some input In my previous previous life I worked in a Children's Hospital ER and I have had it done as an adult.

Cauterizing the vessels is a very simple outpatient procedure and depending on the child can be done with a simple Lidocaine spray(Numbing agent) and minimal discomfort. Some children will need what is called conscious sedation in order to tolerate the procedure. Kinda like being put to sleep for surgery but without intubation(breathing tube) There will be some minor discomfort but no real pain.

For me the weirdest part was the burning smell, and that lasted for a day. Then the itching started, OMG did the itching start

One thing that worked incredibly well to stop my epistaxis (never thought I would get to use that word again) was ice on my feet. Cold feet made the blood in my body concentrate there to warm my feet. Also do not worry if they offer a Cocaine nose pack, it also does wonders without any of the side effects you think of when you normally think of putting cocaine in your nose.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:18 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooMoose
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommee
*sigh* Teenagers...I don't think I'm up to it!

AND...my 18-month old, who would NOT nap at all today...just went down...at 6 pm!!! He'll never sleep from now through the night!! And I just made dinner...so I know he'll get hungry - probably somewhere between 9 and midnight - and want to eat then.

"Calgon...take me away!!!!
We ain't that bad! :P The trick to raising good teenagers is to teach them right from wrong and teach them morals when their YOUNG........I said YOUNG!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:
Old 09-06-2008, 11:27 PM
K-Mart Secret Shopper
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylandkw
So I am not a Mom or a Dad but I do have some input In my previous previous life I worked in a Children's Hospital ER and I have had it done as an adult.

Cauterizing the vessels is a very simple outpatient procedure and depending on the child can be done with a simple Lidocaine spray(Numbing agent) and minimal discomfort. Some children will need what is called conscious sedation in order to tolerate the procedure. Kinda like being put to sleep for surgery but without intubation(breathing tube) There will be some minor discomfort but no real pain.

For me the weirdest part was the burning smell, and that lasted for a day. Then the itching started, OMG did the itching start

One thing that worked incredibly well to stop my epistaxis (never thought I would get to use that word again) was ice on my feet. Cold feet made the blood in my body concentrate there to warm my feet. Also do not worry if they offer a Cocaine nose pack, it also does wonders without any of the side effects you think of when you normally think of putting cocaine in your nose.
Thank You! I think I need to have this done for him. He's the middle of my older three (a 6th grader, a 5th grade and a 4th grader) but they all have had sinus/ear issues.

Humphry Davy
Old 09-08-2008, 01:12 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Quote:
...parents are renting motel rooms and swimming and sleeping over there. I don't think I like it. I don't even like my kids running around in a motel when I'm there with them...I keep them close to me at all times. What do you think about that? Would you let your child sleep over at a motel when you weren't there?
Not a chance in hell. :?

Old 09-08-2008, 02:01 PM
K-Mart Secret Shopper
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
Quote:
...parents are renting motel rooms and swimming and sleeping over there. I don't think I like it. I don't even like my kids running around in a motel when I'm there with them...I keep them close to me at all times. What do you think about that? Would you let your child sleep over at a motel when you weren't there?
It won't ever be happening again! It was last year when this kinds of invitations started coming for my kids. I can't believe it! I would never want that kind of liability. I succumbed to the pressure because this little girl has been Bree's best friend for 5 years...but I have learned my lesson. I worried all night about her. Her dad comes up every once in a while and she stays at the motel with him...that is a much more comfortable situation for me. He's a good guy.

Humphry Davy
Old 09-08-2008, 02:13 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooMoose
Quote:
Quote:
It won't ever be happening again! It was last year when this kinds of invitations started coming for my kids. I can't believe it! I would never want that kind of liability. I succumbed to the pressure because this little girl has been Bree's best friend for 5 years...but I have learned my lesson. I worried all night about her. Her dad comes up every once in a while and she stays at the motel with him...that is a much more comfortable situation for me. He's a good guy.
So glad my kids are grown and I don't have to deal with that. What are they thinking? Back in the day ( haha) my kids had swimming parties at the YMCA and everyone went home. None of my kids even liked slumber parties. My youngest had one and had a fit because the girls were going through her stuff. She wanted me to take them all home. :lol:

That some should be rich, shows that others may become rich, and, hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
Abraham Lincoln

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-08-2008, 03:02 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Is Bree your daughter's real name? Or is it short for something?

My daughters are:

Allison
Bryanna
Elena

We call them

Al
Bree or Breezy
L or Face

And before you ask, Elena's nics have from from Pea to Peabug to Peaface (her brothers fault) to Face and that's where it stuck.

Old 09-08-2008, 03:43 PM
K-Mart Secret Shopper
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Is Bree your daughter's real name? Or is it short for something?

My daughters are:

Allison
Bryanna
Elena

We call them

Al
Bree or Breezy
L or Face

And before you ask, Elena's nics have from from Pea to Peabug to Peaface (her brothers fault) to Face and that's where it stuck.
Bree's name is really Kendra Brianne. My youngest girl is really Micah Julianne Elise...but she goes by Annie. We used to call her Lizzy...because she always ahd her tongue flicking in and out when she was a baby. Truth be known, her nickname should be..."The girl that other girls love to hate"...because she is tiny, smart, beautiful, very feminine (looking...she's really a junkyard dog, though), can crack the whip on everyone around her, has uber fashion sense...but something so weird is...I have always called her "Face", too! Because she has a beautiful face!

I call Bree...B-nanner...I don't know why. The baby calls her BeeBee.

Humphry Davy