User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2008, 03:31 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Thats fantastic TW...Great pics, also.
My Dad and I are both motorheads, and always were "tinkering"with cars. My Dad taught me cars at a very young age, when we traveled he would "teach" me the makes and models of cars. At a very young age I was able to remember looking out the window and calling out the make and models.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:52 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew10
My Dad and I are both motorheads, and always were "tinkering"with cars. My Dad taught me cars at a very young age, when we traveled he would "teach" me the makes and models of cars. At a very young age I was able to remember looking out the window and calling out the make and models.
So true my kids know more about makes and models then I could ever dream of. They have had toy cars in there hands since 8months old and are extremely talented when it comes to imitating car sounds.

Recently my mom went car shopping to get a more fuel efficent car. She took my 11year old son to get his opinion and car ideas. :lol: :lol:
She enjoyed the company and he loved taking the car rides in all the sports cars. She thought she wanted a sports car, so she demo'd a lot.
She ended up buy the Toyota Prius, because most of the small two seater sports cars still only got about 22 mpg. Now she gets 50mpg and has a back up camera in her dash.
Her car is pretty sweet.

Back to the kids,
We take them to most of the car show in the area. It is hillarious to hear the three boys chatter away about this or that.
I am more amused by them and their knowledge of cars then the cars themselves.

My youngest son Isaac he is 7 and he has wanted a toy shot gun from a sporting good store. Well he didn't get it so he made his own. It was so funny.
I said what is this? He says :roll: It's bolt action mom. duh.

He took an old toy gun, put a door lock hinge the bolt that slides and locks in place and taped it to the side of the gun. Now "Bolt Action" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Boys.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:02 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
He took an old toy gun, put a door lock hinge the bolt that slides and locks in place and taped it to the side of the gun. Now "Bolt Action"
Great imagination.....lol.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:08 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
It used to be easier, you could tell at a distance what the make/model was. Now they all look the same.

That some should be rich, shows that others may become rich, and, hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
Abraham Lincoln

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-04-2008, 04:17 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
He took an old toy gun, put a door lock hinge the bolt that slides and locks in place and taped it to the side of the gun. Now "Bolt Action"
Great imagination.....lol.
He really is so smart it's scary. He's my baby. Just the other day I was waiting to take him to school, and he said mom its' time. I said ok, but he said' mom your not ready and it's time"

I turned around ( had my back to him) and said " hun Im ready just need my jacket" Just as quick as I said that. He says " oh. I know your beautiful" I blushed, " You think I'm beautiful?"

I tell ya all the way to school and home the rest of the day. I could hear my little man say "your beautiful" The mouth of babes.
Makes all those messes and laundry seem much easier to clean.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:30 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelDarlin
It used to be easier, you could tell at a distance what the make/mosel was. Now they all look the same.
You got that right. They do all look the same.
I was born in 1959, When I was old enough to retain the makes and models of the cars, it was mostly from the 50's and early 60's. By the 70's the cars were still distingushable. 80s the cars quality turned to crap, and by the 90's to present they start to all look alike.

TW wrote:
Quote:
I tell ya all the way to school and home the rest of the day. I could hear my little man say "your beautiful" The mouth of babes.
Makes all those messes and laundry seem much easier to clean.
Now, that is heartwarming, that had to make you feel real good.