User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2008, 01:45 PM
K-Mart Secret Shopper
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default I'm exhausted

I don't know if it is just my age + 4 kids + F/T job + no help at the house or what but these last few weeks, I am surely draggin azz. I need my sleep but I can't hardly sleep when I lay down. I really don't want to take anything to help me rest when I do have the chance because I'm afraid it will work too well...and school just started for the kids. We just have to get up so early because my kids are in-district transfers (so it will be easier for my sister to pick them up/take them to school/keep them when I'm out of town). We have to drive through a bunch of construction to get there and it all takes time.

I might just be whining (because I wouldn't change a thing)...but I'm so tired! Any hints on being able to get to sleep when I go to bed. I've tried every home remedy that I know of...

Humphry Davy
Old 08-26-2008, 01:56 PM
Senior Board Member

Been there done that,

I was literally a walking dead person when my husband was OTR and I was working full time. I finally said I just can't do it any more. I am sorry I realize that isn't an option.

Try reading your bible before bed, that always seems to get me to sleep.
It aint drugs, :P

That is all I can think of for now.
Old 08-26-2008, 02:20 PM
K-Mart Secret Shopper
Senior Board Member

I probably need to do that. Since I moved back to Lubbock, my house is tiny and I have so many boxes that I need to unpack...but have no room. My Bible is in one of the boxes I'm scared to open because it has significant rain damage (for a trucker, my ex could not tarp for sh!t)...it has many of my favorite geology reference books, too...I'm just afraid to open it because I'm afraid that I'll be so mad over it.

Thanks for the idea, TW. It's not like I can't borrow one from my sister...I have a lot of excuses for not doing what I should be doing! Hopefully, THAT'S not what is keeping me awake at nights!

Humphry Davy
Old 08-26-2008, 02:30 PM
Senior Board Member

Peace of mind

Is usually what is lacking with me when I can't sleep. Good sound confession, praise, and thanks. I hit the sack and sleep is wonderful.

Just don't concetrate too much on your present circumstances, It's focusing on that that can cause a person's heart to fail.

I don't have four kids, but I assure you I have had some rough rough times. I have felt alone and had no one turn to. But think of the Lord like the friend that is waiting to hear from you, talk about your day and you. He knows that you are your favorite subject and He is all ears. Does he already know what is on your mind? sure Does he already see everything you are going through? yes But he is a patient listener, never gets interrupting phone calls, or has other things to do.

A great saying: You become like who you hang out with.
Hang with Him, you become like Him.
Hang with the world, well I am sure you know what that brings.

Don't worry I am speaking to myself here not just you.

Often I have turned to others before turning to Him, and have felt vexed that I still didn't get what I was looking for.
He is the only true friend there is for me.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:06 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Quote:
I'm scared to open because it has significant rain damage (for a trucker, my ex could not tarp for sh!t)...it has many of my favorite geology reference books, too...I'm just afraid to open it because I'm afraid that I'll be so mad over it.
If I were you, I'd get that box open pronto and do it outdoors. I'd be willing to wager that if it's been sitting there for a while with rain damage, it's got a significant black mold colony going on and you've probably lost them all.

Shoulda opened it right away and laid the books out to dry. :?

As far as sleeping, turn your TV on to the Democratic National Convention this week. That garbage will put you out in 3 seconds flat. :P

Old 08-26-2008, 04:33 PM
K-Mart Secret Shopper
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
Quote:
I'm scared to open because it has significant rain damage (for a trucker, my ex could not tarp for sh!t)...it has many of my favorite geology reference books, too...I'm just afraid to open it because I'm afraid that I'll be so mad over it.
If I were you, I'd get that box open pronto and do it outdoors. I'd be willing to wager that if it's been sitting there for a while with rain damage, it's got a significant black mold colony going on and you've probably lost them all.

Shoulda opened it right away and laid the books out to dry. :?
Well, I the ex never told me the boxes got wet during moving...it was only when I opened up a couple of boxes of the kids clothes did I realize that they had gotten wet (I could see the damage on some of the clothes but mainly to the box - everything had dried out by then. Once I started looking around, though, I saw other boxes - he tried to hide it, I think - that appeared like they had swollen then dried). When I got hysterical thinking about my books, I realized that they are in a stack so tall that I can't get them down safely alone! I need to get help but I don't really know anyone except my drillers that can help me and they are usualyy out of town 95% of the time - I hate to encroach on the little time they have in at home. I do worry about black mold, too...I need at least two more of me to get everything done that really needs to be done (and I wouldn't wish that on this world!!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
As far as sleeping, turn your TV on to the Democratic National Convention this week. That garbage will put you out in 3 seconds flat. :P
I agree...I had forgotten all about that...all the TV's in my house are usually set to either the Disney Channel, Nickelodean or Noggin!!

Humphry Davy