User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2008, 05:34 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Please give your opinion!!

I am so confused. My husband has been trucking for 11 years now and we have been married for 6. He has these phone conversations with the girls from the truckstops. I get furios about them but he says they are just friends. Yes, I have called the numbers and thats how I found out about these odd numbers. At this time he is hateful to me and causes arguments between us. We have 2 children together and I had 2 from a previous marriage. He gets more angry with my 1st two more when he gets like this with me. After I confront him, it stops for a few months then starts again, surely to find another number. All the signs are there of a cheater, but he says he has never cheated physically and he dosent consider these phone calls an emoitional affair either. Please tell me what you think, I'm so lost and confused :cry: Please HELP!!
Old 01-18-2008, 06:01 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Get into counseling. If he won't join you, follow it up with a visit to a lawyer.

Old 01-18-2008, 06:02 PM
Senior Board Member

First let me say hello,

One trucker's wife to another.... I understand. I don't think confused is really your name so I'll just call you truckrswfye too.

I can't comment on to whether or not you husband is a cheater. Others my think they can make that call but I wouldn't dare be that bold. Sorry no crystal ball here.

I will tell you however what I think. The battle for one's heart can and does take place in the mind first of this I am absolutely sure and you can take that to the bank. Whether or not he has or hasn't cheated... when you play with fire you will get burned. If he hasn't feeding this behavior will only lead to it. If he has already you may have bigger problems that just a phone bill. I hope you are picking up what I am putting down.

Not sure what role faith has in your life, but from one God fearing praying wife ...Here is what I would do.

On my knees I would pray for my husband's dear soul. I would plead with the Lord for his save keeping, not just physical but mental and spiritual.

I would pray that my mouth doesn't open but that the Lord speak softly in my husband's ear, all the pain that his actions are causing me.

And I would pray the Lord convict him everytime he sinned, The whole time not saying a word,

I would then pray the Lord give me forgiveness and more love for my husband then I could do by myself. This is how that prayer would go.

Lord you gave me this man and if you want me to love him as you do you are going to have to give me the love I need for him. and right now I am hating him and hating what he is doing so please change my heart so that I love him as I know you do.

And everytime he lashes out at you I would not say anything and I would pray Lord help me not return evil for evil. Help to bless those who hate and despise and use me.

If I should find out either directly or indirectly that he has infact cheated, and he is unrepentant then I would pray the Lord help me to leave him..

Should that be the Lords will.

Trukrswyfe
Hope that is a little help.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:56 AM
Senior Board Member

I agree with BOTH of the reply's here .... pray for guidance for both of you ... and while your doing this ... start to find a good attny. and protect yourself financially because if it goes south :cry: - - you will be the person raising the children and unless you already have a good full time job outside of the home ... the cost of living will blow you over :shock: . I've come across many males on the road that did admit to being married, but I knew if I was to slightly push the subject they would be spending time with me. Once a cheat - - - - ALWAYS - - - a cheat. An affair of the heart and mind is no different from the physical act of doing it. Thats just my thoughts on this. ......... follow Your gut - what does it tell you :!:

Watch your 'Thoughts,' they become words. Watch your 'Words,' they become
actions. Watch your 'Actions,' they become habits. Watch your 'Habits,' they
become character. Watch your 'Character,' for it becomes your Destiny.'
Old 01-19-2008, 03:09 AM
Senior Board Member

Im agreeing with all the advise up to now...good replys by all. There is no place in your marriage (or any marriage) for your husband to be recieving phone calls from other women, especially from the "girls from the truckstops". Whether they are honest calls or otherwise. You have every right to be angry with him. He needs to stop this action immediatly.

BTW: I agree with Trukrswyfe, your name is not confused, and you are not confused. I dont think you want to be known as confusedwife, your better than that! As Trukrswyfe has Anointed you, you are now: Trukrswyfe too.