User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2008, 01:30 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I have to say life with my husband is many things but boring is not one of them. So my husband loves flying real airplanes as well as rc planes. He has been flying remote planes for years and so have my boys. Well we all learned a valuable and expensive lesson is safety around these potentialy dangerous toys.

I will not post the gore but here is the culprit and the hazard if you do not follow the safety instructions no matter how experience you are.

Not sure how well you can see this but the blade went through the tip of the left pointer finger tissue and bone. He is fine and at home resting with me, Luckily the finger wasn't entirely severed and only required eight stitches. It was definitly a bleeder though and we were able to give the waiting room people at the ER a show. I know I am a kooky wife cause while we are waiting for triage I am having my husband posse with the hand. I did take plenty of the gerusome pics on the cell phone. The doctor stopped before stitching to give the best photos. Then he asked if this was going to be on Youtube. Cool people.

That was New Years Day clearly we are off the another interesting Year, I do feel that the Hospital and staff gave us our money's worth. I wish I would have recorded my husband screaming when they shot his finger up, he doesn't remember how loud he was. The doctor asked for back up because he thought that my husband was going to punch him. Strange thing was the doctor had the exact name of one of my boys. Funny
Old 02-02-2008, 11:15 PM
Senior Board Member

Husband is looking for a new job, doesnt want me to be a trucker's wife any more
Old 02-02-2008, 11:19 PM
Senior Board Member

What will will we call you then? Ex-truckers Wife?

Guess that would be better than truckers ex-wife. :P
Old 02-03-2008, 01:18 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
What will will we call you then? Ex-truckers Wife?

Guess that would be better than truckers ex-wife. :P
KPP
Kurt's private property
Old 02-09-2008, 12:50 AM
Senior Board Member

So the ride up their was in white out conditions that had me screaming "I don't like this, I don't like this", you couldn't see the road or the the people around you just an occasional tail light, snowing so hard an continuous that the wipes would freeze and the windshield was completely covered, . This was meecham cabbage ladd canyon all the way through baker city. wonder how many Cad member were on the road same as me but the CB was not working so I was just listening, to the caos, My husband drove with the chains on from OR thru ID and into UT. We saw countless wrecks of Semis cars and even a passenger bus. Then the headache of returning the truck and all the may-ham with person after person to get signed off on. Went to the airport where first my husband packs his lighters and torch lighter in my bag, where I didn't even know it was there. Had the security up in arms and then finally left security to wait for flight in the restaurant only to find that my husbands wallet is now missing. We had to excuse ourselves and then back track to security where arguments with TSA finally reviled the missing wallet. Very scary. Off to dinner and drinking to calm our now anxious nerves, mine over the up coming flight and his over the up coming job hunting. So the flight to Denver was short but bumpy and with the lay over it was time for more drinking, and playing on the escalator and trams to kill time before our final flight into Seattle. That flight was long and we each took cat naps since my husband hadn't slept since 7am on Tues and it was not Wed evening. Landed in Seattle at 12am Thurs. to drive home normally a three hour drive in good conditions but with all passes closed, the soonest they would open they said was going to be 4am Thurs. but we slept til 6am in the blazer and they didn't start to open so we headed south to OR to try and go around. We were both tried and exhausted but happy to be together and in a hurry to get home to the kids. They were watched by first my friend then my mom but we needed to get home. Husbands hurry to get home got us pulled over in OR 79 in a 65 but the officer took pity on us and even with expired tabs and speeding let us go with a warning, I had to finally take over driving he was so tired. Got home started cleaning the house and cars and went to bed early. Woke up early and kept cleaning and working most of the day, til husband woke up and have been job hunting. Both of us are scared of him not working but have tons of peace as it is the right thing to do for our family to remain healthy and whole. That is all I can say about our decision but I did tell you what his leaving has done to me mentally and so for my husband, he feels that I am important and he wants to be here for me. Which you know is great and very good news. He is still looking at trucking work but only those that are local.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:53 AM
Senior Board Member

So I totally butcher that post I will fix it later, sorry yall but just a heads up on my current events husband has me preoccupied and messed me up. :lol: 8)
Old 02-14-2008, 03:50 PM
Senior Board Member

Ok so I will give an update should anyone care,

We got home late Thursday, from returning his truck,

Check the paper Friday, made a few calls,

Turned in apps on Monday, and Tuesday evening Wednesday 12am He is working, It is a local tanker job hauling doubles, something he hasn't done before so very new and challenging. OTR to working his bum off loading and unloading. God is Good and I am giving Him all the glory for providing work so quickly. Thanks to all those who were praying for us. He is going to be in very good shape here shortly as it is heavy work.
Old 02-15-2008, 04:27 PM
Senior Board Member