User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2007, 01:05 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I lived thru more than one fleet manager change. When I went to Henderson back in 1999 I started off as a regional driver and had a great FM named Kay she knew what she was doing. Got me set up on a great D&H both end run West Chicago to TN with frozen Hamburgers then grab a quick load of Coors out of Memphis back to West Chicago took 2 days to make the round and I did 3 a week every week for around 3300 miles nonstop. Then she quits to become head of some tire warehouse in Indiana and I got Ahole I will not say his name here. I went from 3300 miles a week to if I was lucky 1900 and that was fighting for them.

Screamed and got put into the longhaul now I am in a regional truck with no Jakes that was no BIG DEAL done the west coast without them before I knew what to do. Got DM named Lana and miles jumped to 3500 a week then I was made a trainer there and they jumped again to over 5K a week. A good DM makes all the differance to a driver.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:40 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Ironeagle2006 Glad to hear your miles jumped to 3500 after the bad DM.

Update, so far so good. The new dispatcher is working out so far. Hubby requested hometime this weekend. He got a load up to Jersey. He called the next day, and the new dispatcher quickly explained that he was to pick up, go home for Thanksgiving, and then deliver it in Jersey.

He got home for Thanksgiving. I seriously doubt that would have happened with the other dispatcher. He already had a load pre-planed on him out of Jersey before he even got the load delivered.

It sounds like he will actually be running again and getting the miles.

I also got word right before Thanksgiving that the loan was approved. Yah!! The loan officer said it would be contingent on some things, but not to worry about it. It is a normal part of the process, and he rambled off a couple of minor items. Of course we are still waiting for the FHA inspection and survey to come in though. He will give us the details when he has them.

I will be looking forward to being in our new home before Christmas. If everything works out, I might even have time to put up some decorations.