User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2007, 11:29 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default I am glad to be part of this forum

I am so glad to be part of this forum. I am a newbie wife of a truck driver. My husband completed his course in August. He passed the CDL and the company quality and skill test and went out with a trainer. Luckily the trainer went home on week ends so my husband could too for the first two week.

Since the beginning of Sept he has been home for about 4 days. It is hard to adjust to being home and he is not. Luckily I have a dog and two cats for company, but it is of course not the same. I will listen to any and all advice on how to adjust--if there is a way. I do not want to complain to him of course.

Thank you for being here.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:36 AM
Board Regular

Surely is an adjustment when you're used to having someone there all the time and then they aren't.......it does happen though so long as you work through it all, things get better.......keep busy while he's out, find things to do that keep you happy and your mind off all the worse case things alot tend to dwell on and you'll get through it all even quicker

Mine's been driving for quite a few years now, for awhile he was a local driver then went back to long hauls, lately he's been getting home more than we were used to and we're trying to figure out what to do with him when he's home....just about like getting used to him being out so long with him being home so much........

Keep busy and enjoy that time with him when he gets that chance to be back home for a lil while