User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2007, 04:06 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnk2001
on the other hand, she's a big girl, all her children are grown and she can do what she wants. sounds like she's happy right now.
The sad part is though, I don't think she is...I think she's jealous that my Dad has a gf and she didn't have anyone. And I worry she's settled because she hates to be 'alone' and can't feel not alone with her family surrounding her with love. So yeah, who knows...

Silvan, thanks I also hope that your Mama finds happiness, Mama's can drive us insane...it's worse when there's nothing we can do about it but sit around and wait for something to happen.
Old 04-07-2007, 05:10 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaDrivesTruck
Silvan, thanks I also hope that your Mama finds happiness, Mama's can drive us insane...it's worse when there's nothing we can do about it but sit around and wait for something to happen.
Yup. There's nothing we can do but try to steer our children around staring at the carnage. At least your mom is mostly freaking out away from the house. Mine lives next door.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:27 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvan
Is she blonde? I might know the cowboy who had a little fling with a Pumpkin driver.

What an odd story for me to imagine. I've been out here 10 years, and have probably only seen that many female drivers, and never any who were looking to, um, get loaded.

I can relate to how you feel on some other levels though. I'm 35ish, Mother is 55ish, parents have been married for 35ish years, and then all of a sudden Mom has really freaked out. My parents are splitting up, and Mom keeps doing and talking about COMPLETELY inappropriate things in front of her grandkids.

I hope she finds Mr. Right and goes away soon, or at least just goes away soon, since it appears the woman I've known all these years is gone now, and there's some freak in her place. A freak who REALLY likes to... Nevermind. Use your imagination.
Hey, being 54, i relate to your guy's Moms then I relate to you guys...Who says we have to act like someones "mom or dad" now, we are old enough to do what we want without the benefit of our kids judgements. right now, it sounds like more about YOU then them.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:35 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by b'hamWa
Who says we have to act like someones "mom or dad" now, we are old enough to do what we want without the benefit of our kids judgements. right now, it sounds like more about YOU then them.
You do if you're walking around naked from the waist down in front of your damn grandchildren, or flashing your boobs at freaking CHRISTMAS DINNER.

Mom can do whatever the hell she wants, but I wish she would quit doing it when my kids are around.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:14 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by b'hamWa
Hey, being 54, i relate to your guy's Moms then I relate to you guys...Who says we have to act like someones "mom or dad" now, we are old enough to do what we want without the benefit of our kids judgements. right now, it sounds like more about YOU then them.
Hello b'ham Wa.

You're right about her being old enough to be centering on her own life, and I agree. Yes, I would like to have my mother back, the one who less then a year ago would be with her grandkids and myself, the one who WAS my best friend now that we are all grown up and treating each other like adults. The one who made promises and kept them, and the one who wasn't out possibly contracting some kind of STD then not caring enough to get checked out before kissing MY kids. Yes, call me selfish if you like, but I prefer the other lady that existed before all of this.

Basically if she wants to go and do her own thing, I just wish she would keep it to herself. But since she isn't, yes, its effecting me and yes, I am being selfish about the fact that I don't like it. I stated I wasn't insulting my mothers choices, they are hers to make. I also stated that my original post was about how it was effecting me. I said that from the beginning.

Thank you,
April