User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2007, 05:16 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Kids are sick, thank heaven he stayed out over the weekend

I'm thanking God. He called and said his manager asked him if he wanted to stay out on the road this weekend or go home. He said he would like to go home, but not to stress over it.

Before he could get another breath, I finally interupted and told him to call his manager back and tell him you want to stay out. Of course he asked why before I could tell him.

Your oldest daughter has pink eye, and you don't need to get it. He said Oh. He already knew that she threw up the night before he left. She wasen't feeling well the next day, and developed a stuffy nose. Needless to say, he is still out on the road happy and healthy.

Meanwhile back at the fort, my parents babysat my other two while my oldest went to the doctors. The doctor perscribed an eye ointment, and she has been good about taking it. It has been three days, and none of the rest of us has it. Thank you Jesus.

But, my youngest got sick with a 101.2 temp. Gave her some Children's Tylenol. Her temp went down to 99 that night. In the morning she felt and acted normal. Later on today she comes in crying big puppy dog tears saying her ear hurts. Today is Saturday, and I had to call the doctor on call. Finally reach the doctor, and she said I had three options.

One, to wait and see what happens. Two, have her send in a perscription for Amoxicillion. Three take her to the ER room. I really must have sounded stressed at that point. I told her I'm not sure what to do, and asked her recommendation. She said to give her Amoxicillion. I said ok.

I called my parents to let them know what was going on. My dad, bless his heart, said he would drive 40 minutes out here to pick up the medication. He said I didn't need to be toting the kids outside especially in this weather. After he gets here with the medications, he asks if I have enough of the Childern's Tylnol. I found out that I was low. He went back out and got some more. I was wondering what was taking him so long, and found out that he had to hunt it down. Several stores were out of it including Eckerd.

I thank God that things seem like they have settled down some. I have a little time to unwind before I go to sleep.

I'm very glad my husband is missing all of this. 8)
Old 03-11-2007, 05:29 AM

GET OUT OF MY HOUSE....it sounds like you are living here except my wife is sick also...I have been home a week taking care of them...my youngest(turned 3 last week)was running about a 102 fever. Mother-in-Law who is a nurce said tylonal and motrin(rotated them every 2 hours) the day he got better, the oldest (4 years old) came down with what we thought was the same but the tylonal and motrin didnt help. I took him to the DR this morning and the Dr said it was a Bactarial infection and put him on the amoxi(however you spell it stuff)...and the wife has had general body aches(everything hurts)...so I have been off a week taking care of everything...

When everybody gets better, she is getting dinner and roses for everything she has to do to make this house run smooth...

Rick

BTW, where was the good taksing meds when I was a kid, my kids just love to take the medicine...even the one who isnt sick anymore still wants some when I give it to his brother...