For What My Truck Is Way To Fast For The Smokies 3 21.43%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2006, 07:47 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Lawyes

Do you have a lawyer to handle you driving record or do you just hire one when needed?
Old 12-26-2006, 02:45 PM
Senior Board Member

none of the above. Drive safe and don't get a ticket.
I'm almost 49 yrs old and only had 2 tickest in my life ( both when I was a kid )
Old 12-26-2006, 03:50 PM
Default tickets

Yes that is very true. But I look at it more on the value side. How many times have you been close to the four wheeler cutting you off. And it is just a good Idea I think. Accidents do happen.

Thanks,
Slider

Loaded Like A Boxcar, Drive It Like A Stock Car
Old 12-26-2006, 04:05 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider64683
Yes that is very true. But I look at it more on the value side. How many times have you been close to the four wheeler cutting you off. And it is just a good Idea I think. Accidents do happen.

Thanks,
Slider
First, you didn't ask about accidents, you asked about your record. Thus drive safe. Try to avoid a record.
Second , one of your first post you say your 22 years old, a more resent post you say you have 23 years in the trucking business. Now I'm having a problem believing much of anything you post. So excuse me if I try to avoid any further post of advice you may have. I come here for REAL experienced answers not from people that wish they were truckers and think they have the answers.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:06 AM
Default driver

Well driver you need to find that for me. i am 22 years old. Want my DL# or DOB: 09/171/984 I am not a lier. I have been around trucking the biggest part of my life. I have checked my post and still have not seen anything about me saying I am 23.

Loaded Like A Boxcar, Drive It Like A Stock Car
Old 01-11-2007, 10:40 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

....sorry if I appear to be sticking my nose in where it doesn't belong.
'Glasman' didn't say anything about you being 23 years old.

...but what he is referring to is this...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:35 pm Post subject: trainer

I am a very teaching type of person. I have been around this business for almost 23 years. I can tell you about almost anything doing with a truck but I am not any ware close to being a trainer. Just cause someone might beable to teach doesnt mean anything. I can tell a driver how to do and how the book says to do it but first hand experince is the best.

Slider

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can see how a statement like this would imply having almost 23 years in the business. Just being "around" trucks with a diaper on...is not a good resume'. :lol: (sorry...but you can see what that looks like...right?)

I'm sure you meant well...and when one reads other posts you have...one has a better sense of what you are saying.

I just wanted to understand this myself.
----------------------------------------------
On your thread subject....I too have had very few tickets. Two speeding tickets within the first 3 months I got a DL at age 16. The one speeding ticket first 3 months I got my CDL at age 49. I'm 55.
I've never needed a Lawyer yet. If the day come's when I do...I hope she is very cute...and will want to slum a little. :lol: :P 8) :twisted:
Old 01-11-2007, 04:33 PM
Senior Board Member

Does anyone out there know of a company that will hire a Felon. It was alittle of a year ago for passing bad checks. I am 22 years old and I have 3 months experince OTR. I am needing on the road in a ... (dec 21 06 )

I started driving last november and drove in the snow with a trainer. I am going to a company now that wants me to be a trainer for the way I drive and how I work with my DM/FM. ( dec 23 06 )

I have only been around the trucking indust. for about 17 years and I have worked in many warehouses. ( dec 23 06 )

I am a very teaching type of person. I have been around this business for almost 23 years. I can tell you about almost anything doing with a truck but I am not any ware close to being a trainer. ( dec 25 06 ) "Jumped from 17 years to 23 years here"

Who in there right mind would not know wallyworld are wal mart. LOL I swear some people. ( dec 25 06 )

I agree totally. I have been driving for 1 year now and I dont feel I am ready to become a trainer. I think there should be atleast a min of 2 years OTR. Thats just me though. ( dec 25 06 ) " jumped from 3 months to 1 year experience here in 4 days"

No that pedel is called the chlutch. LOL I use my jakes when needed that extra stopping power. But I have no problem using my breaks. We were all young drivers once and done the samething that we're talking about. But we all fixed it sooner or later. (dec 26 06 ) " how old are you? your not young?

These are YOUR post. I'd like to know how you got from 3 months experience to 1 year in 4 days. Several of your post show inconsistency not to mention laughing at someone that doesn't know something and asking a question about said topic. Rude if you ask me. You act like you've been driving for years ( in some of your post ) when in fact you haven't. Need I keep digging? If your going to lie keep it consistent, but alas tis to late. Maybe in a few months, or a year your post will be buried, and people like me that want TRUE answers will not know your a fake.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:31 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Ouch...busted. :shock:

Old 01-21-2007, 11:22 PM
Senior Board Member

now who's laughing? :lol:
Old 01-26-2007, 01:25 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasman2
Does anyone out there know of a company that will hire a Felon. It was alittle of a year ago for passing bad checks. I am 22 years old and I have 3 months experince OTR. I am needing on the road in a ... (dec 21 06 )

I started driving last november and drove in the snow with a trainer. I am going to a company now that wants me to be a trainer for the way I drive and how I work with my DM/FM. ( dec 23 06 )

I have only been around the trucking indust. for about 17 years and I have worked in many warehouses. ( dec 23 06 )

I am a very teaching type of person. I have been around this business for almost 23 years. I can tell you about almost anything doing with a truck but I am not any ware close to being a trainer. ( dec 25 06 ) "Jumped from 17 years to 23 years here"

Who in there right mind would not know wallyworld are wal mart. LOL I swear some people. ( dec 25 06 )

I agree totally. I have been driving for 1 year now and I dont feel I am ready to become a trainer. I think there should be atleast a min of 2 years OTR. Thats just me though. ( dec 25 06 ) " jumped from 3 months to 1 year experience here in 4 days"

No that pedel is called the chlutch. LOL I use my jakes when needed that extra stopping power. But I have no problem using my breaks. We were all young drivers once and done the samething that we're talking about. But we all fixed it sooner or later. (dec 26 06 ) " how old are you? your not young?

These are YOUR post. I'd like to know how you got from 3 months experience to 1 year in 4 days. Several of your post show inconsistency not to mention laughing at someone that doesn't know something and asking a question about said topic. Rude if you ask me. You act like you've been driving for years ( in some of your post ) when in fact you haven't. Need I keep digging? If your going to lie keep it consistent, but alas tis to late. Maybe in a few months, or a year your post will be buried, and people like me that want TRUE answers will not know your a fake.

I think your true calling is being a private eye, I know you could make more money....lol