User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2006, 07:26 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Venting and a question

Ok, I thought I was ready for this whole hubby being gone to be a trucker thing. I know to stay busy, I know to be supportive, I've heard most the advice. But here I am, at 2 in the morning, feeling like I want to bawl my eyes out. Why? I feel helpless and very alone. My hubby is out with a trainer currently, and is having a few issues. I'm very used to being able to help him through anything..and everything. This time..I don't even know enough to know what is and isn't supposed to be going on.
What makes it worse currently, is he calls me on his trainers cell phone, which is great don't get me wrong. But..I'm not allowed to call him except for emergencies. Well, I can't quite talk myself into me falling apart being an emergency, so here I sit. I know this will probably smooth out just fine, maybe even by the next time I talk to him, it just doesn't seem to be doing me much good right now.
Also..does anybody else have trouble making themselves go to bed? I get tired, and then I push past it and don't feel it so much anymore. And it ends up being 3 and 4 in the morning before I make it to bed. I know that can't be helping here, any suggestions.

Thanks for letting me vent..
Old 11-28-2006, 12:46 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Get into a good book or a good movie to take your mind off things. Sitting there typing at the computer about it will only make it worse.

Old 11-28-2006, 02:48 PM
Senior Board Member

Thanks, although I have to disagree in some ways. Writing is an outlet for me, and tends to help tremendously, with or without an answer. It tends to let it off my chest enough for me to move on.
Either way, the morning light is always a new perspective.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:11 AM
Senior Board Member

Try Melatonin to help you sleep! You can get it from any store. It works great for me when I need it.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 11-29-2006, 11:56 AM
Default Re: Venting and a question

Quote:
Originally Posted by madii'swife
Ok, I thought I was ready for this whole hubby being gone to be a trucker thing. I know to stay busy, I know to be supportive, I've heard most the advice. But here I am, at 2 in the morning, feeling like I want to bawl my eyes out. Why? I feel helpless and very alone. My hubby is out with a trainer currently, and is having a few issues. I'm very used to being able to help him through anything..and everything. This time..I don't even know enough to know what is and isn't supposed to be going on.
What makes it worse currently, is he calls me on his trainers cell phone, which is great don't get me wrong. But..I'm not allowed to call him except for emergencies. Well, I can't quite talk myself into me falling apart being an emergency, so here I sit. I know this will probably smooth out just fine, maybe even by the next time I talk to him, it just doesn't seem to be doing me much good right now.
Also..does anybody else have trouble making themselves go to bed? I get tired, and then I push past it and don't feel it so much anymore. And it ends up being 3 and 4 in the morning before I make it to bed. I know that can't be helping here, any suggestions.

Thanks for letting me vent..
How long has your husband been gone and how much longer with the trainer? The hardest part is when they are in training. Hang in there it will get better. As for feeling helpless that is normal but in no way are you being helpless you are being more of a help to your husband than you know. Just being there is a help when he calls home and hears your voice.

As for not being able to get to sleep. Oh you bet I get that way. I just find something to do. Do you have anything that you do for a hobby? If you do any then make something for your husband even if it's something small. Do you listen to music put the headphones on and get lost in the music it helps me to get my mind off things. You can also go to www.loads.org it is a great place for support there are lots of wives, drivers and even parents to drivers ect. there. Loads stands for love ones and drivers support. Even though I was raised in this industry when my husband went OTR almost 6 years ago I would of never made it through the first 3 months if it was not for this board and loads.

Hang in there it will get better keep your chin up.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:05 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin Fer It
Try Melatonin to help you sleep! You can get it from any store. It works great for me when I need it.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Thanks for the idea, I had forgotten about it. I have to admit though, its not an issue of getting to sleep, its a matter of forcing myself to go to bed. Once I'm in bed I'm out in 10-15 min tops. ops: I've just always been a bit of a night owl, and usually my husband drug me to bed when he was ready.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:36 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Venting and a question

Quote:
Originally Posted by trckndadsangel

How long has your husband been gone and how much longer with the trainer?
He was gone 3 weeks for school, and gone since a week ago Sunday with the trainer. He has 2 weeks left with the trainer, but it looks like he will need to request a new one :?

Quote:
As for not being able to get to sleep. Oh you bet I get that way. I just find something to do. Do you have anything that you do for a hobby? If you do any then make something for your husband even if it's something small. Do you listen to music put the headphones on and get lost in the music it helps me to get my mind off things. You can also go to www.loads.org it is a great place for support there are lots of wives, drivers and even parents to drivers ect. there. .
I do have several hobbies. Hadn't really thought about making something for him although thats a great idea! Would keep me busy and be doing something for him. I have been over to loads, but not registered, guess its time to go over there too. THANKS!
Old 12-30-2006, 02:54 AM
Rookie

Madii"swife,
I would,.........oh hell who am I fooling, my relationship is going down the tubes, and I don't even know why.
Hang in there, it'll get better as long as you don't dump him for not doing something you want him to do when you know he won't do it :? .
As far as sleep,....run a few miles before bed and you will sleep like a baby.
Old 12-30-2006, 03:07 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdg
Madii"swife,
I would,.........oh hell who am I fooling, my relationship is going down the tubes, and I don't even know why.
Hang in there, it'll get better as long as you don't dump him for not doing something you want him to do when you know he won't do it :? .
As far as sleep,....run a few miles before bed and you will sleep like a baby.
Shoot, if I didn't dump him in our first year or two together I sure am not going to do it now. And my husband is the picture of change, so I'm used to it, just him, but I knew that before we got married. What I didn't know is how hard it is to get married at 18 and 20, move to a new state, have a baby 9 months later, and quit smoking(my husband) all in the same year.
As far as running a few miles..ever tried that after dark, in a black neighborhood when you're white..with a stroller? :lol: The sleep thing has gotten better though, I started getting up earlier, before the children, and am exhausted by bedtime that way. Thanks for the encouraging words!
Old 12-30-2006, 08:01 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I know you started this a month ago. I've notice your stress in other posts. But I think you are doing what you can and what you need to do. That is have lines of communication...whether it is online message, chat, email, or even yakking it up on the phone. That way you can express your feelings, and understand yourself in the process. I know when I write my feelings out, or express them in any number of ways...I open up my feelings more, and see things more clearly.

...yew gonna eat dat?
...yes!
...can I have some?
...no!
...it looks good..
...go away!
...pretty please?
...goun git!
...awwwah.... :cry: