User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2006, 05:38 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Blankety, Blank, Blank Bloomin Blank Bank.....GRRRRRRR

Yes, I'm upset at our bank. Yes that is how I swear in the title. My husband keeps asking what dagnamit and fudgebuckets is. :lol: :lol:

But really, in the approximately 6 years we have been with Net Bank we have not had any problems at all. Then this past year, they decide to "increase" their security. Fine, I did feel highly uncomfortable having to give my user ID though, even though they didn't ask for the password. That is when I started to become uncomfortable.

My husband has some problems with his old debit card and possible unauthorized transactions. He calls me and asks me to call the bank on it. Fine, I do so. I got all the information needed. One he forgot to cancel after the trial period :shock: :? :evil: The second we have to file a dispute for.

Now a week later another questionable transaction is appearing. :evil: This is where I blew up. This time two different people tell me that they can't give me the information because the transaction was done on his card even though it was a debit card attached to our joint account. If my name was on it no problem. Even though it is a joint account, and I would eventually get the information in two to three days anyhow, they won't give it me early.

NOOOOO, we can't do that for privacy purposes. They said something about a law, but couldn't tell me which law that states I can't know about a transaction done on my joint account.

Neither one of us really understand this at all. He got upset, and was upset that I got upset. ops: Bless his heart.

One other thing that really bugged me the last time I called in, was that they asked me 5 different security questions. Five? Come on, what do they want to know my entire life history? Of course those questions dealt with private information. The practically asked me to give my entire SS#, and then said only the last six digits. I'm sitting here wondering how well was this employee screened before she got hired to be able to see my entire SS#? Especially with identity theft on the rise.

Side track a little:..............

Maybe I'm getting paranoid, with as much information they asked and the type of information they asked me to "verify", if that person was unscrupulous they could take all that information and sell it to someone who makes identities for illegal immigrants. I have read in various places on line that sometimes all they really need is your name and full SS# to put down on an employment sheet. Heck you could be working in PA and CA at the same time. In CA you own a $800,000 home, and have several moving violations. If the person is not nice at all, then possible jail time that would be attached to your SS#. Look up identity theft and criminal identity theft. :cry:

Back to the main topic:......

We are both just about ready to close all bank accounts we have with them, and transfer over to a new bank. Yes, we have three accounts. One for the bills, one to set aside extra money, and one for him to spend money.

I'm almost thinking of some type of pre-paid card for him if one exists. One where I can put cash on the card, and he can use it as a credit card. If someone steals it, they won't be able to wipe out the bank account or max out the limit of a credit card.

I'm also a member of USAA and have car insurance through them. I have always been happy with them. Recently got some needed credit through them also. No problems.

Does anyone have a checking account with them? How has your experience been with them?

Thanks for letting me vent though. It is very frustrating when you get the run around on your own bank account. Ladies, you will know what I mean when this was the worst time this could have taken place. I'm need to take three more advil, and possibly get some sleep. Stomach cramps GRRRRRR :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Old 11-22-2006, 03:11 PM
Default Re: Blankety, Blank, Blank Bloomin Blank Bank.....GRRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckfam
I'm also a member of USAA and have car insurance through them. I have always been happy with them. Recently got some needed credit through them also. No problems.

Does anyone have a checking account with them? How has your experience been with them?
USAA is excellent if you are a member by all means USE them.
Checking, savings, investments, personal credit and even mortgages and equity loans as well.

They even have a financial planning service but I have never used it.

You might even be able to get business loans through them although again I am uncertain.

You can do your banking online, by phone and their master card services are excellent as well.
Old 11-22-2006, 03:49 PM
Rookie

I dont mean to side track this but I am looking for a new bank can someone tell me a lil more about this usaa?
Old 11-22-2006, 05:08 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default Re: Blankety, Blank, Blank Bloomin Blank Bank.....GRRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler15301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckfam

USAA is excellent if you are a member by all means USE them.
Checking, savings, investments, personal credit and even mortgages and equity loans as well.

They even have a financial planning service but I have never used it.

You might even be able to get business loans through them although again I am uncertain.

You can do your banking online, by phone and their master card services are excellent as well.
It is Excellent but you forgot to mention the Ex-Military part.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:00 PM

Sorry, I did forget to mention that you had to be in the military or be a child of an ex-military officer. I'm not sure about privates. My dad was a captian in the military. That is how I was able to get USAA insurance.
Old 11-26-2006, 12:17 AM

You don't have to be an ex-military member to use USAA anymore. My parents started using it over a year ago when the dropped that requirement. Also a friend of mine uses them, and he's never been in the military. My parents love USAA, once they started using them they dropped all the other bank accounts they had.

West_Coaster