User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2005, 07:11 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default My husband just got his cdl

My hubby just received his cdl and will finish school next friday. I am excited for him but worried at the same time. I know that I can handle things here if he gets an otr job but I worry about our marriage some if we dont see each other for long periods of time.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:42 PM
Rookie
Default Re: My husband just got his cdl

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilucero
My hubby just received his cdl and will finish school next friday. I am excited for him but worried at the same time. I know that I can handle things here if he gets an otr job but I worry about our marriage some if we dont see each other for long periods of time.

In General it is impossible for a "Marriage" to have problems, it is in fact the relationship you are referring to. What are you concerned with ?.. My wife is a fire fighter and works, eats, sleeps, for 2 weeks at a time in a location many times where she is the only woman. Not once have I ever questioned the Marraige or Relationship. I have seen relationship fall apart when both people work 8 to 5 jobs, and even marriages where they are together 24/7.

Your husband and I assume you have made a decision that this is the way he can make a living for your family. If your relationship is one that would crumble as a result of him being away. It was not built on the best of foundation to begin with.

My son drives for Werner and I have to tell you he has not once called home and said "Dad there are the most beautiful women in the world lining up at every truck stop."

A great post I saw once was something like this " My hubby is only home 36 to 48 hours , give me idea how we can make the most of that time, and still allow him to rest."

In all never blame "Love" or "Marriage", Intimacy is what makes a marriage, not a ceremony, not a piece of paper from the state.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:13 PM
Rookie
Default Mugg

Thanks so much for the reply. My husband and I have had troubles in the past so far they are over I guess it just scares me that he will be gone all the time. I have two children with him and we need him. I know I can do it myself I just get worrried sometimes. I know that our marriage is much stronger than it used to be. Thanks so much for your kind words
Old 09-16-2005, 02:21 AM
Rookie

I was where you were and still am at times.We had a very rocky relationship when he first got his cdl (had a child when i was 17 and he 18,had apt,job,school-so very stressful for any relationship to start out with).He got his cdl 3 years ago at 22 and we had a 3 yr old at the time.It was hard at first with him gone because your just used to him being there but when he came back the first time it was like we fell in love all over again.You realize what you have and he to when its gone.Our problem is we are very stubborn verbal people so little things can turn into a big fight and cause problems.But in reality trucking made us stronger.He isn't here all week long so when he is here there isn't time for the piddly fights we used to have just enjoying each others company since we missed each other all week.I wont lie and say it will be easy.I have 3 kids 6,2,1 and when your a BASICALLY single mom raising them it can cause resentment towards the other in times of stress.Just remember that if you don't work then he is supplying the house with the income and you supply the rest.I have heard of relationships breaking up because of trucking but that usually deals with a very rocky relationship and the nice feel of freedom that each of you will experience even though you wont feel that at all with the kids.I still have those times where i just want to scream and say why do i have to do everything and you dint do anything except sit and drive LOL.But in reality there is more to it and you have to realize its also hard on him even if he don't express his emotions that well(like my man).He is missing those FIRST with your children (if there young-my man was in Texas when our last son was born so he didn't get back till i was leaving the hospital),just being able to lay in his own bed,watch TV (even though most truckers have TVs-but not no 27 and up inches),and pull a cold beer out of the fridge when he just feels like unwinding.Like I said its not going to be easy for you and I promise there are times where you might feel like your going to have a nervous breakdown but then you get to talk to him or see him and those feelings seem to go as fast as they came.The good thing is your relationship has gotten better.So that shows that you guys are willing to work on your marriage which is what everyone has to do-its not always peachy keen.If you ever need to talk email me at [email protected] and you can vent or we will deal with it together
Old 09-16-2005, 01:43 PM
Rookie
Default alisia

Thanks so much I will probably use your email quite often if thats ok My hubby graduates today and is looking for a job as we speak so it is just a matter of time before he leaves.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:28 AM
Rookie
Default girl tell your husband to go to tmc

tmc will get him home every weekend he will be gone durn the week but home on the weekends it is grate if you have kids
thats who my husband is with and i just love it he is home on weekends
we had marige problems befor but with him on the road and home on weekends we don't have many problems by the time the weekend gets here all he wants is to spend time with you and not fight it is grate
from truckerwife 26
Old 09-10-2006, 01:52 AM
Rookie
Default Re: alisia

i am very please that my husband went with tmc if you have children
then that's the way to go because he will not get to miss much of
there life's i have 2 children ages 3 years old and 4 years old and my kids miss there dad but they know he will be home on the weekends
in fact my husband told me to tell you to let your husband that
if you go with most company's you will not get to see him much
hope you check out TMC
if you need to talk
i am here just email me OK
from truckers wife26
Old 09-16-2006, 01:19 PM
Senior Board Member

Good Luck
Old 12-14-2006, 10:48 PM
Default re

hate to be the downer here. but most marriages dont work out anyway... except in the old days... any good luck