User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2007, 11:49 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I think if we had a contest on just who are the biggest drain on the system between the (if this actually becomes law) domestic welfare types and the immigrants.. I'm thinking that AGAIN the immigrants not even be a blip on the screen compared to the professional welfare/entitlement class we grew domestically.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:05 AM
Rookie

fozzy is right domestic welfare drain the system more in food stamp, section 8 and will not get a job. have anyone seen the sticker's on car keep up the good job people on welfare depend on you.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:00 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy
I think if we had a contest on just who are the biggest drain on the system between the (if this actually becomes law) domestic welfare types and the immigrants.. I'm thinking that AGAIN the immigrants not even be a blip on the screen compared to the professional welfare/entitlement class we grew domestically.
What scares me is all of the people who aren't saving for retirement. In 20+ years they will be clamoring for the government to take care of them--that's after they receive their social security check--it won't be enough for them and the lifestyle they're accustomed to.

Unfortunately, the entitlement mentality will not fade away any time soon unless we all tell our politicians to stop the madness. Otherwise, nothing will change and you and I will watch a further erosion of our paycheck(s) in the future.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:02 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bameyi
...have anyone seen the sticker's on car keep up the good job people on welfare depend on you.
ain't that the truth! :shock: :sad:
Old 05-24-2007, 11:41 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWheels
Quote:
What scares me is all of the people who aren't saving for retirement. In 20+ years they will be clamoring for the government to take care of them--that's after they receive their social security check--it won't be enough for them and the lifestyle they're accustomed to.

Unfortunately, the entitlement mentality will not fade away any time soon unless we all tell our politicians to stop the madness. Otherwise, nothing will change and you and I will watch a further erosion of our paycheck(s) in the future.
This is the working class / entitlement class merge. I try to explain the social security issue like it is FACTUALLY. The social security program is exaclty like car insurance. You pay premiums and hope nothing goes wrong. This is the way that the program was designed. It's another good intentioned program that has been perverted into what it is now. How many of us actually see any of the money that we pay into our insurance companies again? The only time that you should expect to see the money is if of CANNOT WORK! CAN NOT! We now have a system where able bodied and relatively healthy people are "retiring" and living off the rest of our money for 25-30 years! This is almost the same amount of time the spent working! There is no way that they have put that much money into the system, but they darned sure demand to spend it.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:32 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWheels
Quote:

This is the working class / entitlement class merge. I try to explain the social security issue like it is FACTUALLY. The social security program is exaclty like car insurance. You pay premiums and hope nothing goes wrong. This is the way that the program was designed. It's another good intentioned program that has been perverted into what it is now. How many of us actually see any of the money that we pay into our insurance companies again? The only time that you should expect to see the money is if of CANNOT WORK! CAN NOT! We now have a system where able bodied and relatively healthy people are "retiring" and living off the rest of our money for 25-30 years! This is almost the same amount of time the spent working! There is no way that they have put that much money into the system, but they darned sure demand to spend it.

Fozzy, usually I disagree with you MORE than enyone else on this board ( usually on social issues ) but when it comes to business and money ( don't remember the exact post ) and now this one.....all I can say is WOW!!! I never really thought of it quite that way but that is what SSI stands for, INSURANCE. It is not a retirement plan, it is insurance in case the unexpected happens. The premiums have become so high because now it is treated like a retirement plan.

That just left me with a lot to ponder tonight at work. :wink:
Old 05-24-2007, 10:57 PM
Senior Board Member

Thanks.. This topic really always irritates me because those demanding to retire when they are 65 are also the types that usually love to bash the other entitlement babies.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:31 PM
Rookie

Ok, I'm learning a lot here finally on this forum about this topic. Until then I didn't here much about this topic. Let's get this ball rolling. Can someone give me a link to contact our Legislator's. We need to tell all of our friend's and family too. Scary Shit.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:40 AM
Rookie

Nevermind ^^^ I found out how to contact my senator's for my district. I could only leave a voicemail and a email. They most likely deleted them. Now I know why no one helped me out, because it's pointless. I'm starting to think that this is just another "Michael Moore bullshit story". Someone's just trying to scare us for political reasons I guess.