Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2007, 10:01 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95
Can any of you actually show where the trucking industry falls under NAFTA?? The Mexican O/O's do not want this deal to go thru because it allows the US drivers the same rights to go into Mexico.
I value my life too much to go over there. Crooked cops would be beside themselves with all the "tickets" they get to collect. Not to mention the rampant crime in Mexico.

Old 02-27-2007, 10:03 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy
Anyone who thinks that the Mexican Companies and Drivers are going to cause any MORE problems than the run of the mill American Trucker has cause is being either completely hypocritcal or they are completely clueless and blind. To say that the industry has gotten were it is now and there is nothing wrong with the industry from the ground up is laughable.

I watched the self serving Ron Carey Jr or whatever that teamster wonk's name is on one of the talking head channels this morning. Last week he was probably making the same speech to his union comrades without inserting the word "Mexican".

The Mexicans can not possible do this job any worse than a huge segment of the supertrucker population that is already here destroying the industry..
Gee Fozzy aren't you the same Fozzy that shows up blathering his anti-union crap on layover.com ?? Get a clue, it's James P. Hoffa, President of the Teamsters. You know, that union you all LOVE to bash when it's NOT YOUR job on the line ?? Get a grip, we have been fighting this with our time and our money for seven years. And guess what, your buddy, George "the scab" Bush is now not happy just screwing with union gigs. Now he wants ALL of you to work for less than you are working for now. Aren't you thrilled you ran around with all those "W/04"stickers" on your car ?? Read the handwriting on the wall. Bush and his buddies, like WalMart and Mr. Moyes want YOU to compete with a guy whose average annual income is around 6-9000 a year. You can argue all the semantics you want as to who did what when. But, the bottom line is once again the American truck driver will take it in the shorts. You may think your company just loves you, but the reality is (in this day and age of 3.00 a gallon fuel) is that if "Jose" will work for 15 cpm. and you won't, guess who wins ???? I'm retiring soon. The rest of the Teamsters will still be OK because of their contracts. Who is going to negotiate for you ?? Oh that's right, I forgot, you don't NEED one of those "Commie" unions....I'll wave when I drive by the un-employment office..
Old 02-27-2007, 10:14 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Just a warning to everyone. I am receiving more than a few PM's complaining about racial slurs and derogatory comments coming from several different posters.

I have sent out some warning PM's, but will do it publically, too. Reign it in! Consider the T.O.S. before posting. If all you can do is insult, malign, and just be nasty, expect to get banned. I won't sit here and babysit half a dozen different threads on the same topic. If it doesn't lighten up, I'll lock the threads and ban those that can't play nice. I don't mind a little ribbing and poking, but when you have to resort to racial slurs like "gringo" and "wetback", I simply don't want you here and I probably speak for 99% of the board.

Bottom line, you can argue your side without having to act like a brat. We're all adults...some of you need to act a bit more like it.

Old 02-27-2007, 10:29 PM
Board Regular

oh and I forgot to add: Since we have a contract and in our contract only outside carriers can haul our freight when ALL UPS drivers are working full time and refuse OT. We'll be just fine. Swifts already bought companies in Mexico, Schneider has also and ask yourself: Do you really want to drive in Mexico ? I have been there many times both in a car and a commercial vehicle. First and most importantly, Mexico has whats called "Napoleonic" justice. It's quite simple. In Mexico you are considered GUILTY instead of INNOCENT in the case of any crime or infraction. Mexico's roads are totally THIRD WORLD and learn Spanish and bring money. Lots of money. Trucks are impounded for something as routine as a flat tire, bribes are the rule and violence and un-sanitary conditions are the norm. If you get in any trouble while picking up and/or delivering that cheap load of freight, just remember, you are ALONE. Your company cannot help you. You are in a foreign country and promises are meaningless. It takes hours to cross the border back into the United States and during that time you are nothing more than prey to the vultures. Have fun !
Old 02-28-2007, 01:38 AM
Board Regular

This is incredible! they say we are having such a hard time checking the cargo on incoming ships so what do we do allow semi trucks from a backwards 3rd world countrie free reign over our freeways, its official our politicians dont give a #@** about the american worker.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:38 AM
Senior Board Member

Does anyone know how these Mexican trucks will get back to the border once they deliver that "origin outside the US" shipment?

Are they going to dead head back to the border?

Will they be allowed to pick up loads that are heading in the "general direction" of the border? If they are allowed return loads, then that will compete directly with US workers.

If they cross with an LTL from Mexico, will they be allowed to pick up additional LTL loads in the US?
Old 02-28-2007, 02:47 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by feederfred
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy
Anyone who thinks that the Mexican Companies and Drivers are going to cause any MORE problems than the run of the mill American Trucker has cause is being either completely hypocritcal or they are completely clueless and blind. To say that the industry has gotten were it is now and there is nothing wrong with the industry from the ground up is laughable.

I watched the self serving Ron Carey Jr or whatever that teamster wonk's name is on one of the talking head channels this morning. Last week he was probably making the same speech to his union comrades without inserting the word "Mexican".

The Mexicans can not possible do this job any worse than a huge segment of the supertrucker population that is already here destroying the industry..
Gee Fozzy aren't you the same Fozzy that shows up blathering his anti-union crap on layover.com ?? Get a clue, it's James P. Hoffa, President of the Teamsters. You know, that union you all LOVE to bash when it's NOT YOUR job on the line ?? Get a grip, we have been fighting this with our time and our money for seven years. And guess what, your buddy, George "the scab" Bush is now not happy just screwing with union gigs. Now he wants ALL of you to work for less than you are working for now. Aren't you thrilled you ran around with all those "W/04"stickers" on your car ?? Read the handwriting on the wall. Bush and his buddies, like WalMart and Mr. Moyes want YOU to compete with a guy whose average annual income is around 6-9000 a year. You can argue all the semantics you want as to who did what when. But, the bottom line is once again the American truck driver will take it in the shorts. You may think your company just loves you, but the reality is (in this day and age of 3.00 a gallon fuel) is that if "Jose" will work for 15 cpm. and you won't, guess who wins ???? I'm retiring soon. The rest of the Teamsters will still be OK because of their contracts. Who is going to negotiate for you ?? Oh that's right, I forgot, you don't NEED one of those "Commie" unions....I'll wave when I drive by the un-employment office..
What makes you think that I've never worked for a union and the union was proven to be all but worthless. so you are a winner in the pyramid / "three card monte" scam that the unions seem to excel in.. whoop de doo! Sell all that pro union bilge to the CF guys and the Churchill guys and the Delta guys and the numerous other drivers who were sold out by the higher ups and the senoir drivers to save their own jobs. The unions are just as good if not better at cutting driver's throats than anyone else.

I am on the record sayng that real and fresh unions are about the only thing that would save the industry, but the fact that the American super trucker is anti-rule and anti- establishment, that's not going to happen any time soon. The unions and their tactics did this to themselves and so did the American "piecework per mile" trucker. They are being abused and they seem to like it! They are like the stereotypical abused wives who keep getting abused and keep returning time and time again because "they love him".

I don't bash unions in general, I just tell the truth about them and they of course can't handle any criticism at all without crying and threats. They are just another street gang to deal word can only operate in packs like cowards. I'm sure you'll run to one of your little union meetings and cry about this soon enough.

Why were unions against the CDL? Why were they against Drug tests? Why are unions against practically any means testing of their members? It's all a protection racket.. and rackets are what the unions have been in to for quite some time.
Closed Thread