Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   Criteria for closing a thread (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/38695-criteria-closing-thread.html)

golfhobo 09-13-2009 11:19 PM

Criteria for closing a thread

Okay, REV... you have let threads go on LONGER that that one before closing them. I was trying to be "civil" and made it CLEAR that I had some points to rebut.

You KNOW that I can't PM, because IBADMIN put restrictions on our PM accounts that weren't THERE with the former administrators/owners.

YOU "edited" a post to make it easier to respond to because YOU thought the poster's comments were important. NOW.... you think MINE are NOT? :hellno:

I responded with civility to RostyC, and said we had MORE to talk about... but, YOU have decided we have no "freedom of speech" to do so? :hellno:

What gives? I had EVERY right to respond to the accusations being thrown at me due to my opinons on that thread, and I have been NICE up to this point!

Do you believe that it is fair for Twilight and Rosty and a few others to insult me, and make assumptions about what I believe and not let me respond? Is THAT your idea of being a moderator?

I don't BELIEVE so. I expect better of you, Rev. I stood up for your ability to be fair-minded and .... MODERATE! :confused:

I wanted to explain myself on that thead. I only have a few nights/days per week to do so. I don't have a laptop, and my workweek is pretty much constant.

I don't KNOW if you can "unlock" a thread, but if you can.... I suggest that THIS is a good time to do so.

freebirdrfd 09-13-2009 11:21 PM

i'm gonna miss ya hobo. :tears:

Rev.Vassago 09-13-2009 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfhobo (Post 462191)
Okay, REV... you have let threads go on LONGER that that one before closing them. I was trying to be "civil" and made it CLEAR that I had some points to rebut.

The thread was becoming circular, and had deviated so far from the original discussion that it wasn't able to be saved short of deleting about half the posts in the thread. It had turned into a finger pointing contest, and frankly I'd had enough of it. If you look on PAGE 1 of the thread, you'll notice that I not only chastised those who were finger pointing, but also deleted the offending posts due to the nature of the attacks contained within. But as the thread progressed, it once again fell along those same lines.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, lock the thread.

Quote:

You KNOW that I can't PM, because IBADMIN put restrictions on our PM accounts that weren't THERE with the former administrators/owners.
No, golfhobo. You CHOOSE to not delete the old PM's out of your inbox, and as a result are unable to receive new PM's. This is nobody's fault but your own. There is a handy little tool contained within your PM box that allows you to download your PM's to any number of file formats. Perhaps instead of complaining about something you're CHOOSING to do, you should USE the tools available to you.

Quote:

YOU "edited" a post to make it easier to respond to because YOU thought the poster's comments were important. NOW.... you think MINE are NOT? :hellno:
I edited a post because it was a response contained within a quote, and he specifically apologized for doing so, as he didn't have time to properly format it. At that point, the discussion was still (for the most part) civil. Now it isn't (see the "finger pointing" mention above)

Quote:

I responded with civility to RostyC, and said we had MORE to talk about... but, YOU have decided we have no "freedom of speech" to do so? :hellno:
No, you didn't. You continued a finger pointing match that Rosty and others started. Had I caught it prior, his would have been the trigger. But your insistence that you were going to continue the finger pointing match prompted the closing.

Quote:

What gives? I had EVERY right to respond to the accusations being thrown at me due to my opinons on that thread, and I have been NICE up to this point!
And you did respond. You'll notice I didn't touch your post.

Quote:

Do you believe that it is fair for Twilight and Rosty and a few others to insult me,
No.

Quote:

and make assumptions about what I believe and not let me respond?
Short of the quick message I posted prior to closing the thread, last post was yours. Sounds like you got a response in there.

Quote:

I don't KNOW if you can "unlock" a thread, but if you can.... I suggest that THIS is a good time to do so. If not, you will find yourself locking EVERY thread I post on.... or BANNING me... in the next day or so while I'm off.
If that's a threat, I can nip it in the bud quite easily. If you'll notice in the TOS:

ClassADrivers.com. has a small team of forum moderators who act in the best interests of the board. Their job is to generally allow discussions to take place and ideas to be exchanged. They will step in and moderate in the event that a discussion gets out of hand. But do not lose track of the fact that they are the moderators and you are not. Let them do their job - they are tasked to keep the board running as smoothly as possible.

Finally, we want to explicitly call out that the concept of Freedom Of Speech does not apply on this forum. Because this forum is owned and operated by ClassADrivers and because we ask you to sign up and agree to these terms and conditions, we reserve the right to moderate any and all threads, private messages, emoticons, etc that we believe are not in the spirit of this community and in accordance with the guidelines spelled out above.

Now if you'd like, I'll go through and delete EVERY single part of EVERY single post that includes finger pointing, at which point I'd be happy to reopen the thread. However, if anyone chooses to use it as an opportunity to continue the finger pointing, they'll be having a nice little vacation courtesy of CAD.

golfhobo 09-13-2009 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freebirdrfd (Post 462195)
i'm gonna miss ya hobo. :tears:

I appreciate that, Freebird, but before I go....

I'm a photographer, and whoever took that picture of you for your avatar SUCKS!

1) It is too dark, they should have opened the lens exposure more to allow more light on your face. I don't know what you LOOK like.... or even if you're black or white! (not that it matters!)

2) They should have adjusted the height of the camera so that the ocean "horizon" wasn't trying to "decapitate" you!

I TOOK such a picture of myself when in Key West, and I had the SAME situation. But, it's a BAD combination and a BAD picture! I would NEVER admit to taking such a photo!

I WANTED to tell you about it long ago, but I didn't feel I had the RIGHT to make "moral" judgements on others. I see now that that is what makes THIS site "tick."

freebirdrfd 09-14-2009 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfhobo (Post 462205)

1) It is too dark, they should have opened the lens exposure more to allow the light to hit your face. I don't know what you LOOK lide.... or even if you're black or white! (not that it matters!)

2) They should have adjusted the height of the camera so that the Ocean "horizon" wasn't trying to "decapitate" you!

I TOOK such a picture of myself when in Key West, and I had the SAME situation. Buit, it's a BAD combination and a BAD picture! I would NEVER admit to taking such a photo!

I WANTED to tell you about it long ago, but I didn't feel I had the RIGHT to make "moral" judgements on others. I see now that that is what makes THIS site "tick."

i will let the wife know that you don't approve of her photography skills. :roll3: p.s... if my picture was better you would see that i am a black 350 lb. female

dobry4u 09-14-2009 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freebirdrfd (Post 462211)
i will let the wife know that you don't approve of her photography skills. :roll3: p.s... if my picture was better you would see that i am a black 350 lb. female

:rofl::rofl::rofl::clap:

Windwalker 09-14-2009 12:57 AM

Quote:

With tatooes on both arms, and sunglasses that don't hide the mustache...

I have software that allows me to copy, paste, and enhance. I'd put you at about 35 to 40... Give or take about 5 years...:cool::smokin::thumbsup:

Windwalker 09-14-2009 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfhobo (Post 462205)

1) It is too dark, they should have opened the lens exposure more to allow the light to hit your face. I don't know what you LOOK lide.... or even if you're black or white! (not that it matters!)

2) They should have adjusted the height of the camera so that the Ocean "horizon" wasn't trying to "decapitate" you!

I TOOK such a picture of myself when in Key West, and I had the SAME situation. Buit, it's a BAD combination and a BAD picture! I would NEVER admit to taking such a photo!

I believe you need a WHOOOOOLLLLEEE LOT more practice on that one

freebirdrfd 09-14-2009 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Windwalker (Post 462232)
With tatooes on both arms, and sunglasses that don't hide the mustache...

I have software that allows me to copy, paste, and enhance. I'd put you at about 35 to 40... Give or take about 5 years...:cool::smokin::thumbsup:

you forgot GOODLOOKING :smokin:

Windwalker 09-14-2009 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freebirdrfd (Post 462241)
you forgot GOODLOOKING :smokin:

Who??? Me??? Forgot???? Forgot nothing. I do not see you as good looking at anything. The truth is... YOU'RE NOT MY TYPE.:hellno:

Jumbo 09-14-2009 02:37 AM

Quote:

You are the skinniest, most pale 350 pound black woman I have ever seen. That is quite the lens your wife has.

Twilight Flyer 09-14-2009 04:11 PM

Quote:

Do you believe that it is fair for Twilight and Rosty and a few others to insult me, and make assumptions about what I believe and not let me respond?
I don’t know about others, but you be sure to show me where I insulted you. :roll: The closest I came was with:

Quote:

It’s the same damn thing, no matter how you try to spin it and if you say you don’t care, then you’re either a bald-faced liar or you are a cold-blooded SOB. People with a heart will care when the innocent are attacked.
That certainly wasn’t an insult and I stand by the wording of it. You’re trying to tell me that you wouldn’t care if pictures of your dying son was laid across a newspaper and I’m saying that you’re lying.

As far as my opinions on the subject of screwing over the family to sell a few papers, sure, they are pretty strong. I didn’t pull any punches and certainly won’t be apologizing for taking such a stance. I think the family got screwed and I think the AP and those that approved of what they did, are part of the problem of the dehumanizing of humanity. That’s my opinion and I’m not coming out with a retraction. You can think I’m a nancy-boy for taking such a stance and that’s your privilege. Of course, I wouldn’t give two shakes of a rats tail about your opinion of me, since that’s what opinions are all about. But you're entitled to think what you want, just as I am.

But when all is said and done, I know I can sleep well at night because I still believe in the rights of the individual toward freedom and happiness and I didn’t simply be quiet and turn my head when yet another instance of gross injustice was meted out by yet another industry that once championed the cause of the common man. As I said, people with a heart will care when the innocent are attacked.

Rev.Vassago 09-14-2009 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer (Post 462312)
I don’t know about others, but you be sure to show me where I insulted you. :roll:

Yeah, I went through the entire thread and shut down all the posts that were insulting, and yours wasn't one of them. Just 2 by Rosty, and one by golfhobo. But I suppose if he throws your name in there, it lends the accusation more credibility.

golfhobo 09-14-2009 05:00 PM

Quote:

And apparently ..... um...... gay? :eek1: :lol:

Not that THAT matters, either! lol.

BigDiesel 09-14-2009 06:13 PM

Must be the semi-annual "why is everyone mean to me thread" from glofhobo......:tears::tears::tears:

golfhobo 11-08-2009 09:05 AM

The question still stands. Just WHAT in the heck IS the criteria for locking a thread? Just ANYTHING that pizzes off the REV? :eek1:

I read that whole thread that I started about the Ft. Hood shooting, and the ONLY person getting out of hand was YOU, Rev! Granted, there must have been a post that you deleted, but even when HE came back, what he said didn't rise to the level of deleting, let alone locking OR banning.

I was actually enjoying the level headed responses by the Batman, and was looking forward to making some points and debating some points. But, I guess YOU got your panties in a bunch before I got around to it.

I sympathize with the normal and moderate Muslims, as does Twilight! YOU are the one who can't seem to differentiate.

But, one thing I don't seem to understand. Twilight insists he still has some mod powers.... Ridge Runner, Scoe, Gman and even a stray beetle or other mod jumps in now and then.... but, somehow YOU and YOU alone have all the power here? :hellno:

BTW, in case you decide to ban ME again..... you are WRONG about Sheperd Smith. He is the closest thing to a JOURNALIST with some ETHICS that Fox News HAS! I was just about to explain that to you when you threw your "hissy fit" and locked the thread.

The WHOLE media WORLD is discussing and debating whether or not religious fanaticism and indoctrination lead to this killing! It is a touchy subject.... and THAT is why Smith and Kay Bailey Hutchison were being so circumspect before announcing the NAME that they both had been given.

But, apparently..... we truckers are not intelligent enough to HAVE such a "free" discussion.... with a MODICUM of moderation when some ONE poster steps over the line. :hellno:

NO.... I WON'T take this to PM for reasons that should be CLEAR to you! I am asking for SOME kind of clarification of just WHAT topics we can discuss here, HOW we can discuss them.... and exactly WHAT "opinion" we should have so as not to be banned or have our threads LOCKED??!!

The TOS do NOT clarify these things in a manner that would JUSTIFY you locking that thread. I can read.

Give me a specific and detailed list of things we can and cannot talk about, and HOW we can talk about them..... OR..... quit letting your PERSONAL feelings affect your job as a "moderator."

BTW.... I thought you were in some kind of "abyss." I didn't exploit it, but enjoyed it. Apparently, even HELL had had enough of you... and spewed you out and BACK onto US! :roll3:

golfhobo 11-08-2009 09:58 AM

In the Rev's earlier response to my questions, he quoted THIS from the TOS:

Quote:

we reserve the right to moderate any and all threads, private messages, emoticons, etc that we believe are not in the spirit of this community and in accordance with the guidelines spelled out above.

Wow... I guess even CAD knows that there is such a thing as a "spirit" of a regulation, law or guideline.

And I don't see how the REV, given his problems with "spirits" can be the ONLY one who decides what is "IN THE SPIRIT" of the discussions WE as the members want to have. ;)

geeshock 11-08-2009 02:50 PM

The mods of CAD decide based off what they see is best and hopefully the TOS. Some threads are black and white. They need to be stopped some are in grey area and has to be at the mods descetion. If you try and keep everyone happy as a mod you'll never make it. Being a mod isn't an easy job, lol, been there done that and still do on one board.

Ridge Runner 11-08-2009 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfhobo (Post 467073)
The question still stands. Just WHAT in the heck IS the criteria for locking a thread? Just ANYTHING that pizzes off the REV? :eek1:

Sad to say.....it's starting to look that way:(

I read that whole thread that I started about the Ft. Hood shooting, and the ONLY person getting out of hand was YOU, Rev! Granted, there must have been a post that you deleted, but even when HE came back, what he said didn't rise to the level of deleting, let alone locking OR banning.

As soon as I read the story on a news site I came straight to CAD because I knew there would be a thread about it and I KNEW it would be locked in short order and by whom. Not that I agree that it should have been, just that it would. :(

I was actually enjoying the level headed responses by the Batman, and was looking forward to making some points and debating some points. But, I guess YOU got your panties in a bunch before I got around to it.

I sympathize with the normal and moderate Muslims, as does Twilight! YOU are the one who can't seem to differentiate.

But, one thing I don't seem to understand. Twilight insists he still has some mod powers.... Ridge Runner, Scoe, Gman and even a stray beetle or other mod jumps in now and then.... but, somehow YOU and YOU alone have all the power here? :hellno:

BTW, in case you decide to ban ME again..... you are WRONG about Sheperd Smith. He is the closest thing to a JOURNALIST with some ETHICS that Fox News HAS! I was just about to explain that to you when you threw your "hissy fit" and locked the thread.

The WHOLE media WORLD is discussing and debating whether or not religious fanaticism and indoctrination lead to this killing! It is a touchy subject.... and THAT is why Smith and Kay Bailey Hutchison were being so circumspect before announcing the NAME that they both had been given.

But, apparently..... we truckers are not intelligent enough to HAVE such a "free" discussion.... with a MODICUM of moderation when some ONE poster steps over the line. :hellno:

I guess you didn't get the memo ( maybe your in-box was full :rofl:). We should not be allowed to talk about or debate anything outside of trucking because there are "some" here that cannot help themselves from clicking on a thread and reading something that they REALLY don't want any part of seeing or reading. We need Rev. to protect us from such things. :roll3:

NO.... I WON'T take this to PM for reasons that should be CLEAR to you! I am asking for SOME kind of clarification of just WHAT topics we can discuss here, HOW we can discuss them.... and exactly WHAT "opinion" we should have so as not to be banned or have our threads LOCKED??!!

The way it works is: You ( someone ) starts a thread. Rev. comes in and posts his opinion. Any other post contrary to his post is subject to be deleted or the thread locked. That should be simple enough for even us dumb truckers to understand.

The TOS do NOT clarify these things in a manner that would JUSTIFY you locking that thread. I can read.

Give me a specific and detailed list of things we can and cannot talk about, and HOW we can talk about them..... OR..... quit letting your PERSONAL feelings affect your job as a "moderator."

See above.

BTW.... I thought you were in some kind of "abyss." I didn't exploit it, but enjoyed it. Apparently, even HELL had had enough of you... and spewed you out and BACK onto US! :roll3:

My commits above will most likely be viewed to be in "bad form" to some as I am still considered a Mod. here. In general, as a rule we try to stick together on issues and keep things of this nature confined to the Mod. forum. Sometimes tho something needs to be said. This was one of those rare times.

I'm not very active here anymore because of personal time constraints so if my status as a Mod. is pulled because of this...... so what? In the past I have always tried to be fair to all parties involved in debate and not try to over moderate. I always felt like this group could always work through differences and not have to be shielded from a differing opinion. I think this is one of those times that saying nothing would be in worse form than what I said above. To say nothing is to condone it, and I do not in any way, shape or form.

Good luck,

Ridge

P.S. Hobo..... empty your in-box.;)

Rev.Vassago 11-08-2009 08:31 PM

The thread is open. Go ahead and post your racist rants if you want. Since Ridge is rarely here to moderate, and GMAN doesn't moderate all that much, I guess it's free reign on CAD. Have fun.

And the thread was closed because it was full of hateful racist rants, which is against the rules you agreed to upon registering for this site.

But I refuse to be affiliated with a website that condones, tolerates, or encourages hatred and racism. So good bye.

Roadhog 11-08-2009 11:12 PM

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...d10/thwave.gif http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...and10/55-1.jpg http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...th_2z9a0sn.gif

golfhobo 11-08-2009 11:15 PM

Rev.Vassago said:

Quote:

The thread is open. Go ahead and post your racist rants if you want. Since Ridge is rarely here to moderate, and GMAN doesn't moderate all that much, I guess it's free reign on CAD. Have fun.
I have NO INTENTION of posting such a thing, and IF someone ELSE does.... I would LIKE to have the chance to put him in his place! And ONLY if I am losing that battle.... would I want or need you to come in and save my azz by locking it! :lol:

Quote:

And the thread was closed because it was full of hateful racist rants, which is against the rules you agreed to upon registering for this site.
Full of??? I saw evidence of one or two such posts that, possibly with good reason, you deleted. THAT is what I would expect from a moderator (EVEN when they are MINE.)

Another point, if you will..... the RULES we "signed onto" when joining this site HAVE CHANGED over the years. Not by much tho. It is the MODERATION of the site that has changed more than anything. I THINK most of us understand the rules, and most play by them. WE don't need a hall monitor to tell us when we can get out of class to go to the bathroom. :roll:

Quote:

But I refuse to be affiliated with a website that condones, tolerates, or encourages hatred and racism. So good bye.
You've been saying "goodbye" for over a week now. Are you leaving or not? I would say that I really don't care.... but, I do. I would hate to be affiliated with such a site, too! And there have been times when I wanted to FRAG half of the membership here! But, I understand that they have a right to their opinions, and the best I can do is to tell them MINE.

I am aware that you have a muslim friend (at least.) I have a few myself. I understand your defense of the people and religion that are NOT responsible for the strife we, as a country, are now faced with. But, you do them NO FAVOR by "appearing" to defend the radical element of their religion or culture. THEY despise them.... and YOU should, too.

I would JOIN you, if I had time, in reinforcing the fact that not ALL Muslims are "jihaddists!" I think that MOST on this board KNOW that fact! People will RANT against the enemy of our peacefull existence, and sometimes there will be "collateral damage."

But, as someone said about the Healthcare bill.... "let's don't let the PERFECT get in the way of the POSSIBLE." i.e: Let's not let a few radicals hijack a discussion and effort towards ethnic peace!

The events of this week have forced a discussion that has been simmering under the surface for far too long. It is not an EASY discussion. But, it is one that ALL Americans NEED to participate in. We are beyond learning from History books. We are LIVING history.... and making it!

Though many don't want to HEAR it.... as the Rev. Wright said, "America's chickens have come home to roost!" Our world is a result of our policies over the years. Not JUST abroad... but, also at home.

Anyone here who would automatically blame a Muslim for an attack on our military at home, has a short memory! Timothy McVeigh comes to mind! But, anyone who would IGNORE the warning signs that were evident with THIS particular "muslim" member of our military forces.... or our SOCIETY.... has their head in the sand, and certainly should NOT be the head of homeland security, or the Army, or any OTHER position of national security!

We don't KNOW all the facts about this shooting, and the perp. We need to find out, and we WILL. But, we need to be willing to face reality when we DO find out.... and we need to face the problem head on.... PC be damned!

golfhobo 11-08-2009 11:19 PM

My world is complete! Nice to SEE you Hoggie! We all miss you, and I hope you are well.

golfhobo 11-08-2009 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner (Post 467131)
My commits above will most likely be viewed to be in "bad form" to some as I am still considered a Mod. here. In general, as a rule we try to stick together on issues and keep things of this nature confined to the Mod. forum. Sometimes tho something needs to be said. This was one of those rare times.

I'm not very active here anymore because of personal time constraints so if my status as a Mod. is pulled because of this...... so what? In the past I have always tried to be fair to all parties involved in debate and not try to over moderate. I always felt like this group could always work through differences and not have to be shielded from a differing opinion. I think this is one of those times that saying nothing would be in worse form than what I said above. To say nothing is to condone it, and I do not in any way, shape or form.

Good luck,

Ridge

P.S. Hobo..... empty your in-box.;)

Bravo, Ridge! I always KNEW you had BALLS! It never ceases to amaze me about the "lurkers" who are monitoring this site. I was SHOCKED to see Hoggie chime in. And WOT came in lately.

Twilight hasn't given his opinion, but, I recently saw Dr. WHO chime in on a thread I was involved in (I think.)

Apparently, the ENTIRE moderator corps is engaged in watching everything "I" say..... or maybe, just "monitoring" the REV! Figure the odds!

ME.... or the REV??? Hmmm..... WHICH would attract the most attention? :roll:

Anyway.... I HOPE y'all work it out! WE mortals don't really even have a VOTE! Except the way we vote with our FEET! Do y'all GET that? Or do I need to explain it? :hellno:

BTW..... still working on clearing my PM box. It would be EASIER if CAD would just restore the amount of bytes allowed by the LAST owners! :roll: [If they NEED more room.... they can delete all the dead accounts of those who LEFT the site since they took over! :lol2: ]

Meanwhile, anyone who wants to "PM" me can use my email address. I've listed it before, so it ain't no surprise. It's Cat3ears.... at aol dot com.

geeshock 11-09-2009 01:00 AM

pay attn to you hobo, who would do such a thing

Twilight Flyer 11-09-2009 01:34 PM

I’ll be honest…I was, and still am, completely blind-sided by what happened. I exchanged a couple of PM’s with Rev over this, my last one being my last conversation point with him. I have no idea what happened over the weekend, nor do I care. The board is still up and the posters are still the same posting base. Rev seems to think this board is full of a bunch of hate-mongering racists. Other than a couple of rather tame “group them all together” posts, I don’t see it. If Rev wants to use this as a springboard to leave with a bunch of drama, that is up to him. I certainly don’t like it…and personally, I will go on record and say that this isn’t the Tony that I know. He’s a far better person than what he demonstrated these past few days. :confused:

dobry4u 11-09-2009 03:19 PM

IMHO.....

It gets to be very frustrating when people ink life's novel with narrow minded and hand picked "evidence" to support their unwarranted prejudice, fear, and/or out right "hot air". Conclusions are drawn without facts and are supported only with one presumed variable, such as political affiliation, religious beliefs, and country of genetic origin. People really don't want to know the truth, so it seems. Much more interesting going with the hype.

I tend to feel heavy-hearted from many of the comments from seemingly intelligent and kind members that are posted here. Are we, the occupants of this planet, seriously blinded by hatred and consumed by prejudice? I would rather wear my rose color glasses and believe that we are a world of compassion and seeker of truths and justice.

I can understand his frustration.

dobry4u 11-09-2009 03:21 PM

PS. It is fantastic to see you Hoggie... :thumbsup: you have been so very missed! :cry:

Ridge Runner 11-09-2009 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dobry4u (Post 467219)
IMHO.....

It gets to be very frustrating when people ink life's novel with narrow minded and hand picked "evidence" to support their unwarranted prejudice, fear, and/or out right "hot air". Conclusions are drawn without facts and are supported only with one presumed variable, such as political affiliation, religious beliefs, and country of genetic origin. People really don't want to know the truth, so it seems. Much more interesting going with the hype.

I tend to feel heavy-hearted from many of the comments from seemingly intelligent and kind members that are posted here. Are we, the occupants of this planet, seriously blinded by hatred and consumed by prejudice? I would rather wear my rose color glasses and believe that we are a world of compassion and seeker of truths and justice.

I understand the being frustrated part, but don't you think you should be able to respond to dispel those unfounded beliefs? Instead let's just lock the thread and not have a chance to see someone else point of view or try to win them over to our side with facts and logic?

Twilight Flyer 11-09-2009 03:52 PM

I’m not sure what you are referring to “hand-picked” evidence. Facts are coming out, as we knew they would, and the picture it is painting of this guy is no surprise to anyone. He is a terrorist or at the very least, a terrorist-wannabe. How you can be upset that people are going out of their way to make certain that ALL Muslims are not painted with the same brush, I just do not understand.

As I said to Rev, it would seem to me that kind of reaction would be welcomed. As with Rev, I also have a couple of Muslim friends/acquaintances and I’m sitting here wondering when Bubba Stupid is going to try to take one of them out. So, I can relate to Rev being upset for the sake of his friends. But to grind down everyone because you have an axe to grind with a couple of people that are not being PC about things, I just don’t get.

I’ve looked through the threads…I’ve seen one comment/term that is derogatory. I don’t know what, if anything, was posted over the weekend, so I am going with what I see right now. I’ve seen a couple of people with pretty close-minded opinions, but their opinions are just that. Opinions. No, I don’t agree with them any more than I agreed with GolfHobo on the picture of the dying soldier a month or so back. But whether we are talking GolfHobo (who I disagreed with in a HUGE way) or Gladhand, who’s comments are articulate, but very narrow-minded in my opinion…they are still people’s opinions and they are entitled to them.

I don’t have to like them. And neither do you. But as long as they are not getting hateful and nasty and they follow the board rules, they have as much right to post them as you and I do. This is an adult forum. We are not going to like everyone’s opinions. That’s human nature and I wouldn’t want it any other way. Neither should you.

RebelDarlin 11-09-2009 04:58 PM

Ridge & Twilight.....

THANK YOU!!!!!!

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

At last...voices of reason have returned.!

geeshock 11-09-2009 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dobry4u (Post 467219)
IMHO.....

I can agree with you there and to be honest IMHO, we all have some bigoted views. The question is, can we work to overcome them.

And at the same time I believe there are many of us, I like to believe I am one, that tries to be compassionate. I may louse it up a lot but I try.

I wish nothing but the best for rev and he has helped me out as much as anyone else in here but the choice to stick around or leave has to be his choice.

now for my side to this, rev is choosing to leave because of his belief that we are racist and bigoted. If he looks hard enough, I think he might see his reasoning is as bigoted as much as any.

BanditsCousin 11-09-2009 07:22 PM

I felt this thread was kind of racist, but it got allowed:

http://www.classadrivers.com/forum/a...attention.html

But it did spawn into a non-racist conversation that was civil. I felt this thread was more a red flag than the news report about the Ft. Hood shooter.

dobry4u 11-09-2009 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner (Post 467222)
I understand the being frustrated part, but don't you think you should be able to respond to dispel those unfounded beliefs? Instead let's just lock the thread and not have a chance to see someone else point of view or try to win them over to our side with facts and logic?

I am the first to stand and fight for the right to express your beliefs and I believe CAD's policy is to allow debates as long as it doesn't get out of line (such as personal attacks). If the postings get out line, than as a moderator you have the obligation to handle it. The biggest factor I assume is that "out of line" is subjective to some extent. If the threads were indeed locked merely to stifle other opinions, then that would not be for the purpose of invoking policy. While arguments can get heated, it is imperative not to lose the purpose of the debate; go off on tangents, because you lose the opportunity to embrace the topic for what it is.

I am all for presenting facts and logic ! I am a nerd

dobry4u 11-09-2009 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer (Post 467223)
I’m not sure what you are referring to “hand-picked” evidence. Facts are coming out, as we knew they would, and the picture it is painting of this guy is no surprise to anyone.

Facts are coming out,... knew they would... no surprise...

I did not judge the man prior to the evidence. I believe in knowing the f-a-c-t-s before I judge.

I am part German.. and yep I love knackwursts and sauerkraut .. but I can throw down bagels and lox any ol' day ;)

mommee 11-09-2009 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dobry4u (Post 467257)
I am part German.. and yep I love knackwursts and sauerkraut .. but I can throw down bagels and lox any ol' day ;)

i love bagels and lox. :thumbsup:
and lox on toast is good too.

geeshock 11-09-2009 09:25 PM

I still have no problems with rev. overall I think he's a good guy. I just think he needs to realize things aren't going to fit into his perfect world of right and wrong, and b4 you call racial remarks ( not arguing with him on this) you need to ask why you are doing it? As a member of the military I hated communism. By definition that makes me a biggot. would my dislike of that get my thread banned from the board if we were discussing say china or cuba?

golfhobo 11-22-2009 05:25 AM

Bump for Snowman7

Halfway thru page 1, I brought this topic up again as concerned the locking of the "postal" thread. The "meltdown" had already begun, but his last post is on this thread.

Snowman7 11-22-2009 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago (Post 467141)

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfhobo (Post 468215)
Bump for Snowman7

Halfway thru page 1, I brought this topic up again as concerned the locking of the "postal" thread. The "meltdown" had already begun, but his last post is on this thread.

Thanks hobo I do remember reading that post but it didnt hit me that he was leaving. Could he have edited that part in after I read it? Sometimes I speed read so I only get half the info LOL!

eddie23949 01-22-2010 04:37 AM

Good Bye Rev!! Lots of people will be glad to see your nasty, hateful, bitter ASS gone!!