Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   The Trucker image takes another hit... (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/28813-trucker-image-takes-another-hit.html)

Fozzy 08-07-2007 09:04 PM

The Trucker image takes another hit...

HAGERSTOWN, Md. (AP) — A Florida tractor-trailer driver is free on bond after police say they caught him driving his rig 102 miles an hour while high on crack.
39-year-old Marlin Forest, of Tampa, had a bond review hearing this afternoon in Hagerstown after spending last night in jail.
The judge ordered bail to remain at $200,000, but Forest was released later in the day after posting bond.
State police say they stopped his rig on Interstate 70 at about 5:30 Sunday morning near Maryland Route 66, a few miles east of Hagerstown.
Forest is charged with possessing a controlled dangerous substance and drug paraphernalia.

Cluggy619 08-07-2007 09:36 PM

Re: The Trucker image takes another hit...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fozzy
HAGERSTOWN, Md. (AP) — A Florida tractor-trailer driver is free on bond after police say they caught him driving his rig 102 miles an hour while high on crack.
39-year-old Marlin Forest, of Tampa, had a bond review hearing this afternoon in Hagerstown after spending last night in jail.
The judge ordered bail to remain at $200,000, but Forest was released later in the day after posting bond.
State police say they stopped his rig on Interstate 70 at about 5:30 Sunday morning near Maryland Route 66, a few miles east of Hagerstown.
Forest is charged with possessing a controlled dangerous substance and drug paraphernalia.

Was he working for JB Hunt? If so, that cop was lying thru his tooth. :lol: :lol:

Double R 08-08-2007 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fozzy

And this surprises how? Look at all the threads as of late with drivers asking who will hire them with a felony on thier record. The industry is going down the tubes fast.

Aligator 08-08-2007 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double R
.........And this surprises how? Look at all the threads as of late with drivers asking who will hire them with a felony on thier record. The industry is going down the tubes fast.

Actually, the industry would be going down the tubes if they didn't have to ask. :lol:

And the answer is "no" you can't drive a truck if you have been convicted of a felony. And "no" you can't drive a truck if you have a DUI. So doesn't that mean the industry is improving?

BTW, anyone driving a truck at 102 is an O/O. And some of them are O/O's because no one will hire them.

Double R 08-08-2007 04:55 PM

Quote:

And the answer is "no" you can't drive a truck if you have been convicted of a felony. And "no" you can't drive a truck if you have a DUI. So doesn't that mean the industry is improving?
YES, some compaines hire people with a felony conviction on there record. And some of those compaines are big names.
YES, these same compaines DO hire people with DUI convictions, depending on how long ago it was.

DUI THREAD
FELONY THREAD
Both from this site.

So yes you can drive atruck with a felony and/or DUI conviction on your record.

Sheepdancer 08-08-2007 05:14 PM

I didnt hire him...lol
But sure enough in the future I will get him on the phone where he will tell me that he is a great driver with only 1 ticket!

Double R 08-08-2007 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheepdancer
I didnt hire him...lol

JB trucks can't do 102 :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheepdancer
But sure enough in the future I will get him on the phone where he will tell me that he is a great driver with only 1 ticket

Yup, he will tell you that the cop was out to make his quota and that he did not deseve the ticket :D

08-08-2007 05:54 PM

Maybe it was ole Triple digit Bob.

Triple Digit Bob 08-08-2007 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironeagle2006
Maybe it was ole Triple digit Bob.

No,it was not me. I use no drugs and I go more fast than 102. :) I have truck from this EH,Jb hunt and I go 160-162mph,not kilometer.

Central Coast Driver 08-09-2007 02:45 AM

And then you have this psycho today. This is he best article I could find on this guy. Maybe someone else can find a better one. My guess was they were his dispatchers.
http://cbs2.com/topstories/topstorie...220173320.html