User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2017, 11:36 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksheep View Post
I'm not sure how old you are Fozz but I feel we are just be a dying breed of trucker, I hear where you are coming from because more and more I feel like a dinosaur in this profession and frankly look to the day I can retire.
It's changed a lot from the early 80's and it's more then I want to put up with these days, but hey I'm a cranky old man nowadays.
It's not that these people don't know anything.. It's that they don't care that they don't know anything. Had an overall good day. Resprained my sprained ankle though.
Old 11-10-2017, 06:13 AM
Board Icon

Holy moly............and during my 3 weeks of training with Schneider we had these new kids all whining and complaining about why the instructors were being hard a$$ed on everything from safety to inspections and scaling. The kiddies didn't get it. I got it only because I hung around here and actually have dealt with DOT on a local level. Companies who aren't serious about driver training or safety.......this is the end result. DOT is probably just waiting for an excuse to come in there! Watch your 6 Fozzy, hope your not being setup as the fall guy.
Old 11-10-2017, 09:56 PM
Senior Board Member

I look at the people coming into the workforce (not just trucking) and cringe. So many are totally unprepared for life! What have their parents been doing? I don't really like the idea of conscription but sometimes I think it would be good for many younger ones as it would force them to grow up and take responsibility for their actions. Way to many just go thru life waiting for someone else to bail them out and blaming others when they fail.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington
Old 11-11-2017, 12:46 AM
Senior Board Member

Well, I survived the first real week out and about. There are some goods and some bads, Most of the bad is the fact that I am beat to hell and feeling old as hell. All of my injuries from my past badass days are really coming home to roost. Broken back, arthritis, old knees.. its all there. The issue is also a lot of my fault. Working safety and management jobs tax the brain but really has nothing physical other than lots of standing around watching drivers. This job? Not SUPER physical but a lot more than I am used to.. The truck that I drive is also beating the living heck out of me. Between the bad seat and the general poor ride.. im worn out. The trailers are all are beat up and the landing gear are mostly horrible. The loads are averaging around 20 - 22 tons. All loads are palletized and we have power (walkies) pallet jacks for unloading. I got to a couple of docks this week and that was pretty sweet. This week I went All over the place. The other surprise is that they pay overtime after forty. I got 25.75 overtime hours this week.
Old 11-12-2017, 04:55 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy View Post
The other surprise is that they pay overtime after forty. I got 25.75 overtime hours this week.
Now that's SWEET!

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington
Old 11-14-2017, 12:26 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy View Post
It's not that these people don't know anything.. It's that they don't care that they don't know anything. Had an overall good day. Resprained my sprained ankle though.
Hope it wasn't the ankle you use to put a boot in someone's @**. lol.
Old 11-14-2017, 01:56 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksheep View Post
Hope it wasn't the ankle you use to put a boot in someone's @**. lol.
I am just cruising right now and learning the job. I have been feeding the boss regulations and such and giving HIM ammunition to right his ship. There are absolutes that drivers just cannot do.. they do them, then need to get busted by the boss. We had a couple of real dumb moves from drivers the last couple of weeks.. One driver decided to try a u turn on a two lane highway.. anyone want to guess what happens next? Luckily no one died.. no accidents happened and this guy made it out without a citation .. ( I have no idea how) and another driver decided to log over an hour and a half on "personal conveyance" to get home.. AARRRRGGGHHH.. These people know better..
Old 11-24-2017, 06:03 AM
Board Icon

Haha, that's funny Fozzy! Heck we got guys who will log out of the Qualcomm then drive the truck over to the Walmart or wherever and do what they got to do then drive back and log back in! Being ELD complaint, the office can see when the ignition is turned on, so the box flips out and sends a message to the office when it moves without a driver logged in. Driver goes, wasn't me driving cuz I wasn't in the truck.............so you mean somebody borrowed it without your knowledge and you never reported it, or are you lying? Either way, your fired!
Old 11-30-2017, 01:33 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 View Post
Haha, that's funny Fozzy! Heck we got guys who will log out of the Qualcomm then drive the truck over to the Walmart or wherever and do what they got to do then drive back and log back in! Being ELD complaint, the office can see when the ignition is turned on, so the box flips out and sends a message to the office when it moves without a driver logged in. Driver goes, wasn't me driving cuz I wasn't in the truck.............so you mean somebody borrowed it without your knowledge and you never reported it, or are you lying? Either way, your fired!
Log out and unplug unit, as long as you don't plug it back in till you're back to where you unplugged.

It has a memory and it's beatable.
Old 11-30-2017, 09:47 PM
Board Icon

SNI doesn't play games though, they suspect your messing with the tracking.......your fired. The stupid thing is, we have a company car available for drivers to run errands real quick if they don't want to use their personal vehicle or are a fly-in driver. Yet they want to use the truck......