User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2016, 08:01 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Writing Blogs about Drving and Trucking Lifestlye

Hey all,

I'm new to the forums and certainly new to the trucking industry. I'm a recent college graduate who is doing some writing and blogging for various companies on a wide array of subjects. In the past, I've primarily written about music, lifestlye, and culture. Friends and colleagues of mine have recently pushed me to pursue writing in the trucking industry - admittedly something I've never thought of pursuing before. My dad was a truck driver, but I can't say I know him all that well and therefore I don't have a direct source to much insight into the ins and outs of the industry.

So now I'm turning to you fine folks - is there anything you wish you knew about the industry/the trucking lifestyle before you began? What about issues within the industry that you wish had more coverage or that you feel need to be addressed? Anything in general that interests you in trucking that might interest others? Just trying to generate some ideas from those in the know.

Thanks for reading,

- JT
Old 07-25-2016, 02:51 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Well, we all have lots of stories to tell, and miles and miles to tell them... usually late at night on the CB, to stay awake.

It's been awhile, but I remember a video guy was riding along with me, filming me, just outta college like you, and I just spoke from the heart. I marveled at how so many truckers these days are highly educated individuals, who have come from many backgrounds, some with college degrees, and high power, high paying professions. I however, had to work my way up to trucking, but I did have one claim to fame... I once dated Shania.

Took her to a ritzy restaurant called Top of the Park, which was the top floor of the tallest building in Traverse City overlooking Grand Traverse Bay at sunset. We were having a lovely very romantic dinner, and I thought things were going well for me.

Well, I was having a little trouble with jock itch. You know how when you start to scratch yer nuts, it just itches worse, and then next thing you know, yer having to really dig at them. I was trying to ignore the itch, and that just made it worse. So I finally had to give in and get my hand down my pants and really itch them. I have certain "good spots" that if I scratch... my leg reflex will get one of my hind legs tapping. When that started up, I just had to borrow Shania's hair brush. Now I'm scrubbing those puppies with the hair brush, and my hind leg is tapping wildly, with my knee banging the bottom of the dining table, rattling the silverware, and knocking over the glasses. I also got that grimace where your right eye shuts tight, and you grimace hard, exposing your teeth from your snout to your ear. My lower fang was pinching my upper lip and that caused a long drool trail.

I think what must have bothered Shania the most was I handed her hair brush back when I was done, without cleaning it off. At least, I think that might have been my mistake, as she threw it at me, and stormed off in disgust. She's never returned my phone calls for a long time after that.

Hey, you wanna hear about this time I hauled a hazmat load of ping pong balls.....?? I asked the video guy....

(itch-itch-itch-scratch-scratch-scratch-dig-dig-dig) Say would you mind handing me that cheese grader.....??
Thats when he stopped filming, and looked kinda nervous, until we got to the next truck stop.

I never heard back from him, but I have lots more...

TRUMP 2016

Old 07-25-2016, 04:41 PM
Rookie

HA! Now THAT is one for the books. If you ever get a hold of that footage, lemme know I'll do my best to write some press for it.

"Shania goes nuts!" how's about that for a headline?
Old 07-25-2016, 04:42 PM
Board Icon

LOL... "Show us yer Nuts!"

TRUMP-TRUMP-TRUMP-TRUMP!

TRUMP 2016

Make America Great Again!

Old 07-26-2016, 07:47 PM
Rookie

Any other leads or ideas? Just doing these for fun and the sake of writing, folks. I figure if I'm going to write, I may as well make it useful/interesting for those who may read. Intersting, funny, off the wall, serious topics - all will help me out.
Old 07-26-2016, 10:06 PM
Board Icon

(swagger-swagger...stagger-stagger)
(leans in, stinks of Clive Christian Imperial Majesty)

Yarrrrh Harrrrh m8. Aye 'ave yarns to tell, sez aye. Harrh Harrrh

Besides me scratching,.... fighting flies, (<quite a story there), spitting cherry pits, ruffling feathers, accumulating treasures...yarrrrh harrrh, cracking knuckles and other bodily functions,
did Arrrh mention me scratching? GArrrrh okeidoeki.

What be yer interests, sez aye? Do you happen to 'ave a lint fetish like me? Arrrh once bought a ball of dryer lint on eBay for $45 that came from Adriana Lima's unmentionables. Harr Harr
mmmmmmmmmmmm..A-d-r-i-a-n-a....(sniff-sniff) (slobber-slurp)

Garrrrh, aye also collect scratch & sniff advertisements. Yarrh, & know some good ports in a storm, if ye be on the Great Lakes.

Me thinks typing this is harder than it looks, sez aye with this hook.
How aboot one of yer stories m8tee, or ye may lose this thread to nutting' but Hog Wash, me thinks. Harrh Harrh...

MAGA

Old 07-26-2016, 11:02 PM
Board Icon

SNIFF-SNIFF-SNNNNNNIFF, Snuffle...
Hey... wait a minute.............I recognize Yoooooooou..... Sniff-sniff... yessss I think I know right where you are.

no-no... stay ONLINE .... SNORT...snuffle... humor me please... I'm kinda locked up with nothing else to do....but I have a gift you may like.

Snifffffff ....yesssssssssss....You are in El Segundo-o-o-o-o oh si... I smell bubblegum with pungent anise... snifffff and Clive Christian Imperial Majesty... no wait that last part is me.

Yesssss, sniff, you are in El Segundo... but you are high up, that is what is making this a tad challenging... sniffffFFFFF snort SNIFF ahhhhhh...

11th floor?

What is Sepulveda.... is that some Napa wine you are drinking? no.... nothing like that... it's ....it's ...a street sign....

Hey... when I get out, I'll come see you. Maybe we can go to Coachella.

Trump MAGA

Old 07-26-2016, 11:37 PM
Board Icon

The reason I became a driver. I'm free.

The divorce was much like any other divorce I'm sure. I had nothing left but my own hide.

Me before marrige

Me after Married a few years

Divorced

MAGA
BUILD THE WALL
TRUMP 2016