User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2015, 01:48 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Failed a random, What is next for me?

Been driving since 2013 and everything was going great, only had a couple dings in parking lots, no tickets or violations. I had a moment of weakness and smoked some marijuana about a month ago. My company popped a random on me last Wed and I got the call this morning that I had tested positive. I live in Washington State but I am in South Carolina and luckily have some money to buy a car to get home. What a pain in the ass.

Anyways, I talked to the SAP guy and he told me what to do. I haven't got a problem with drugs before last month I haven't even touched the stuff. Well apparently I do have a problem or I wouldn't be in this situation. I will take the classes and jump through whatever hoops I have to so I can get back on the road. I sort of wanted to get off the road for a little while anyways because I was getting overweight, and I want a life. but lets say I take a year off after I do those classes, what are my chances of getting back into the industry again? Is there some way that I can keep this off my DAC Report? What if any, are my options?

I am reading all sorts of different things from never being able to do OTR again, getting with certain companies that hire second chance people again, etc.

Your input is very much appreciated. No trolls please
Old 11-28-2015, 02:57 PM
Senior Board Member

Good luck and with that being said I would never hire anyone to operate my equipment that tested positive for any dope.
Old 11-29-2015, 04:07 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Any type of drugs or alcohol are bad news when it comes to this industry. There will be a record kept for the random failure. Drug failures are serious. Few carriers will hire anyone with a drug failure, but some will after a few years. Once you go through the SAP program, you may find a carrier that will give you an opportunity. It will require some leg work. It may be easier to find a position with a smaller carrier. Not all smaller carriers subscribe to DAC. If you can find another carrier that will hire you, I would suggest you do some soul searching and decide if you can stay away from the drugs. Whether they are legal or not, they are not acceptable for anyone driving in this industry.
Old 12-03-2015, 12:41 AM
Senior Board Member

Sounds like you were already half-hearted about trucking anyway, probably best to move on to something else.
Old 12-20-2015, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck144157 View Post
Been driving since 2013 and everything was going great, only had a couple dings in parking lots, no tickets or violations. I had a moment of weakness and smoked some marijuana about a month ago. My company popped a random on me last Wed and I got the call this morning that I had tested positive. I live in Washington State but I am in South Carolina and luckily have some money to buy a car to get home. What a pain in the ass.

Anyways, I talked to the SAP guy and he told me what to do. I haven't got a problem with drugs before last month I haven't even touched the stuff. Well apparently I do have a problem or I wouldn't be in this situation. I will take the classes and jump through whatever hoops I have to so I can get back on the road. I sort of wanted to get off the road for a little while anyways because I was getting overweight, and I want a life. but lets say I take a year off after I do those classes, what are my chances of getting back into the industry again? Is there some way that I can keep this off my DAC Report? What if any, are my options?

I am reading all sorts of different things from never being able to do OTR again, getting with certain companies that hire second chance people again, etc.

Your input is very much appreciated. No trolls please
Sorry but I call bull****, you state you smoked a joint a month before the random, then you state it's the only time and not something you do.. if that's the case then you would be considered a part time user therefore your system would have been clean after 30 days of no use, he'll it would have been clean after 10 or 15 days.. just saying..