User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2015, 08:45 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default I-95 Fredericksburg area in VA

STAY AWAY this whole week of Aug 24th. GMAN, you got drivers coming thru, take 301 or get out West. Overnight all week will be a mess with complete closures. Rt. 1 won't be any better, historic Falmouth is having intersection work, MAJOR work done overnight also. 17 is also getting major overnight work in Fredericksburg. Daytime isn't much better come Thursday/Friday. Good luck drivers, us locals will cuss it for you if you stay away and keep on rolling!
Old 08-29-2015, 05:42 PM
Board Icon

Stay away this coming week of Aug 31st also if possible! More paving and complete shutdowns on 95 and Rt.1. Also changing over lanes on 17 South near 95 for the construction there. Around the 131mm a new bridge is going up, middle of the night shutdowns of 95......during the day, the 4 wheelers like to slap on the brakes and look at the new bridge beams both in place and sitting on the shoulder awaiting hoisting up. 301 is the best option to go up the East side. To the West, try to stay no closer than Rt. 29. If you have to come thru, 10am-1pm is your best shot for a clear run.
Old 08-29-2015, 08:50 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

yeah and I would keep out of the Washington D.C. area, during the 4th Blood moon.

Old 08-30-2015, 11:11 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Thanks for the heads up. There is always a lot of traffic in that area, even without the construction. I have traveled 301 on a number of occasions. It is a good route.
Old 08-31-2015, 08:12 PM
Board Icon

The 301 bridge into MD is going to be replaced soon FYI. New 4 lane one is in the early stages of design. So maybe a 5-10 year wait for it to be open!

Traffic here is a complete joke nowadays. Weekends are a waste of time to go anywhere, a 20-40 minute trip usually is 40minutes to 3 hours now. Its like NYC but with very few roads.........
Old 09-02-2015, 02:16 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Tis the season for road construction. So many roads really need to be repaired. I was in a 5 mile backup a few weeks ago going up Monteagle Mountain on I-24 westbound. That was a trip. Once on top of the mountain, the traffic again stopped. This time it was a big truck that ran off the road at the bottom of the mountain. It was easier going down the mountain at a standstill instead of going up the mountain in a standstill.

They have been working on those roads around DC for some time. Sometimes it seems that they will never finish. I remember when they were working on the bridge going over the Potomac several years ago. I think that is the Woodrow Wilson Bridge? Traffic was horrendous. Thanks for keeping us up to date, Mr Ford. When I have to go through that area I usually run I-66 and take the west beltway up to I-95 North.
Old 09-04-2015, 09:20 PM
Board Icon

66 is about to be a nightmare, VDOT is planning on doing the same HOV they did on 95, pay to drive it.....hoping to start in the next year on it. Back in the winter going to and from Children's, we ran 66 to come home, SO much easier than 95. Yeah the WW is finally done for now. The Fredericksburg region is now part of the DC metro area.........this area alone, 2 counties and a city, have approved more than 10k homes to be build in the last year. But bicker with each other on putting in more roads that could alleviate and offset the huge influx in traffic.