User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2015, 04:04 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Have you ever been incorrectly dispatched?

What do you do in such situations?
Old 08-14-2015, 06:38 PM
Senior Board Member

"Incorrectly dispatched"?? That's rather vague. Could you provide us with some details??
Old 08-14-2015, 07:17 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless View Post
"Incorrectly dispatched"?? That's rather vague. Could you provide us with some details??
Yes, sure. I mean next: "Have you ever been incorrectly informed about drivers’ directions, you have to deliver your load to?"
Old 08-14-2015, 08:02 PM
Board Icon

Happens all time for concrete truck drivers. They constantly re write the directions and job location to turn in to dispatch as soon as they get back. Just this past Tuesday a steel delivery driver delivered to a job I was on, it was his second time delivering it.....his directions had the job 4 miles away where no construction work was going on. He dropped everything......only to be told he was in the wrong place. He then had to reload it all.

It happens to everyone, vague directions, directions that leave out a rather large obstacle like a bridge with a limit of 10 tons........all you can do is get in touch with dispatch and let them know. Personally, I will tell them to call and figure it out then let me know.
Old 08-15-2015, 06:01 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 View Post
Happens all time for concrete truck drivers. They constantly re write the directions and job location to turn in to dispatch as soon as they get back. Just this past Tuesday a steel delivery driver delivered to a job I was on, it was his second time delivering it.....his directions had the job 4 miles away where no construction work was going on. He dropped everything......only to be told he was in the wrong place. He then had to reload it all.

It happens to everyone, vague directions, directions that leave out a rather large obstacle like a bridge with a limit of 10 tons........all you can do is get in touch with dispatch and let them know. Personally, I will tell them to call and figure it out then let me know.

Oh, I’m sorry to hear about this guy. You are right these situations take place in trucking industry. In order to avoid wrong directions just try Loadingspot – Loadingspot.com - Database of Shippers and Receivers. It’s great thing for truck drivers in U.S.
Did you hear about?
Old 08-17-2015, 07:12 PM
Senior Board Member

I used to call the shipper/consignee to verify directions. This was just a bit before the days of smartphones and GPS. Sometimes, that helped, other times, it didn't. it really frustrated me when someone would tell me to "go about a mile down, then turn left when I get to the red light". I'd do what they told me, but by the time I got to the light, it had turned green. "What the hell do I do now??"
Old 08-19-2015, 08:38 PM
Board Icon

If I get in the backwoods and get stuck, I lock er in AWD and getir done! Sometimes I turn my truck into a boat and float across rivers! Its how I've made runs to Europe!